Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Thinking about trading my HUO original SM for a HUO TSPP. Both pins are immaculate. The SM has LEDS and the Black Alley sandman mod other than that it is stock.

Which game is valued more and what is the price difference if any?

I prefer the gameplay of SM over TSPP but have had SM for a long time and need to change things up.

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

Ive had both, but prefer TSPP (to each their own)....if their stock, and in the same condition its probably close to a wash

#3 2 years ago

I’ve had SM. In process of buying a TSPP. On SM if you aren’t hitting the venom shot it’s a grind to make any progress. I think TSPP will be a much more rewarding game. SM is pretty repetitive

#4 2 years ago

I own both Spider man is still here TSPP is gone mainly as I wasn't a fan of the theme.

#5 2 years ago

Both are great games, have owned both and both are gone, if I were to buy another again it'd probably be TSPP. More variety in shots and more depth. I'd make the trade since you've had SM forever.

In similar condition, I think it'd be an even trade.

#6 2 years ago

I was thinking that it would be an even trade too but the trade partner is thinking SM + $700 for his TSPP. At least that is the starting point of the negotiation. Not sure I am in agreement.

I have tried to love TSPP over the years and as much as I love the theme I find the gameplay a bit of a grind compared to SM and haven’t managed to convince myself on the gameplay. Even trade I guess I would buy in and try it but $700 to try I am not convinced.

#7 2 years ago

Simpson’s always seem like around 500-1k more than SM. At least pre Covid, and I’m talking about original not the VE.

I just know I’ve seen way more sub 5k SMs than TSPP. Again this was before pinflation.

I wouldn’t mind putting a SM next to my TSPP, I miss playing the one that was on location by my house. Great flow.

#8 2 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think it's easier to find an HUO Spiderman than it is to find an HUO Simpsons. Assuming his really is in that condition, I would expect to chip in some cash were I in your shoes.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from PBFan:

I was thinking that it would be an even trade too but the trade partner is thinking SM + $700 for his TSPP. At least that is the starting point of the negotiation. Not sure I am in agreement.
    I have tried to love TSPP over the years and as much as I love the theme I find the gameplay a bit of a grind compared to SM and haven’t managed to convince myself on the gameplay. Even trade I guess I would buy in and try it but $700 to try I am not convinced.

Right now I would guess that you could pick up a SM for about $4,800 and TSPP for about $6,000+ if it’s in great shape. In routed shape I think $5,500 for TSPP

#11 2 years ago

I think the SM Vault has tempered prices on original SM’s, and agree that HUO Simpsons seem to pop up less often. If they’re both near stock, $700 doesn’t seem too far off to me. Owned both and and hard to think of two more different style games.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from PBFan:

TSPP is easily worth more if condition is the same between the two. I'd say on average 1K difference. Whether you like the game or not does not affect it's value. $700 kicker doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

#13 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

Yes I do agree that my opinion on which game I like better doesn’t affect the actual value - just the value to me.

#14 2 years ago

So did you do the trade? whats a HUO really nice SM is worth these days?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-vs-tspp-trade-value-difference and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.