Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tron_&_BSD_026.JPG

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

You want fast? Megatron MB, spitting those balls at you at warp speed from close range. Ahh, whadda game!

#52 6 years ago

^^
It was only a matter of time

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You want fast? Megatron MB, spitting those balls at you at warp speed from close range. Ahh, whadda game!

No comparison.

A.) You know they're coming
B.) You know their trajectory (into the right sling)
C.) If you're playing multi player, you may not get the affect due to another player starting their Multiball
D.) High likelyhood it's not going to function right anyway

#54 6 years ago

Do any of the things you mentioned have anything to do with the speed the ball is traveling?

A) no
B) no
C) no
D) no

Take the war machine kicker, move it WAY closer to the flippers and use 4 balls instead of 1. Pretty cool if you ask me, and FAST, since that's what we're discussing, right?

#55 6 years ago

Had SM and could not get into it. A beautiful game but the game play was too predictable. New Tron Pro on the way so we shall see....

#56 6 years ago

That's an interesting observation. Predictable in ways other machines aren't? Will you elaborate?

#57 6 years ago

Spiderman is great, but I really like Tron. And I really like fiber optic ramps. Why don't more new pins have them?

Chris

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do any of the things you mentioned have anything to do with the speed the ball is traveling?
A) no
B) no
C) no
D) no
Take the war machine kicker, move it WAY closer to the flippers and use 4 balls instead of 1. Pretty cool if you ask me, and FAST, since that's what we're discussing, right?

I thought we were talking how features affect the speed of overall gameplay and player reaction...but OK, I'm sure if you measured the speed of the Megatron balls, I'm sure they're going very fast. Yay.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

A beautiful game but the game play was too predictable.

That's what flow players like?

#60 6 years ago

It was the code, not enough randomess, and still longer ball times than I like. It seemed that there were only a few things to do. Hit the 3 bank, doc ock, green goblin, etc. rinse and repeat. Games I love include Shadow, BSM, Congo, CV....so go figure.

I tried to like SM but it just did not happen. I had TSPP and LOTR but the long ball times got old, SM was also long but not crazy long. It seems the newer Sterns are more like the B/W games with the same feel and shorter ball times. I am really liking the newer Sterns let's say more or less post SM. That is a good thing.

Of course I suck at pinball so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

It was the code, not enough randomess, and still longer ball times than I like. It seemed that there were only a few things to do. Hit the 3 bank, doc ock, green goblin, etc. rinse and repeat.

Just because you completely ignored the white arrows & modes doesn't mean they don't exist.

Quoted from beefzap:

Games I love include Shadow, BSM, Congo, CV....so go figure.

BSM is the same as SM...but with the Black Suit art.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BSM is the same as SM...but with the Black Suit art.

Yeah...WTF? I think he maybe meant BSD?

#63 6 years ago

<<But the long ball times got old... of course I suck at pinball>>

You suck at pinball, yet you're still able to achieve long ball times. Interesting paradox my friend.

1 week later
#64 6 years ago

I played SM and Tron LE yesterday. I would say SM.

#65 6 years ago

I own a TSPP, SM, and I just sold (sniff) my LOTR, I can say that they can be prone to long ball times, but it's completely dependent on how you set the games up. Open those sides up! These games are a whole heck of a lot more fun with open lanes. You have to nudge to stay safe, you have to be very mindful of staying out of the slings, and the short shots become far more crucial to hit accurately.

Tron has shorter ball times than any of the three due to some extra unpredictability from the Recognizer, but you can still get some lengthy ball times if you don't have those lanes opened up there too.

#66 6 years ago

I own SM and Tron:LE. Both great games, but I would give the nod to SM.

#67 6 years ago

Bought SM NIB in 07' and its never left. I've owned 2 Tron LE's and sold both. Tron is fun but SM is the total package.

#68 6 years ago

Close call, but I gotta go with Tron.

#69 6 years ago

Good choice keeping spidey-but you may also want and try and get a Tron from this run which is going to be the last. Some of distributors are selling out-good luck!

#70 6 years ago

Who says you have to pick one?

#72 6 years ago

Tron Pro

#73 6 years ago

My personal favs out of these 3

TRON
SM
IM

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Good choice keeping spidey-but you may also want and try and get a Tron from this run which is going to be the last. Some of distributors are selling out-good luck!

Trons won't be available in the second market?

#75 6 years ago

I'm considering the two as well ... However; for some reason I want to lean towards Spider-Man .... Probably splitting hairs at the end of the day right? Wonder which will end up holding its value longer?

#76 6 years ago

What is better is a thread with a poll in it when it asks for an opinion? Nahhh...
Spider-Man.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Who says you have to pick one?

Gun>>>>>head - CHOOSE!

#78 6 years ago

Go with both and you'll have a good mixture of short and long ball play. SM is doing well in value and more than likely Tron will too in the long run, so it's not likely that you would lose money on either of them if you tire of them in the future. I personally prefer Tron because of the music and very difficult GEM shot, but as most have said, you can't go wrong with either.

#79 6 years ago

SM will not only hold value but increase the way an A pin should. Tron is probably selling at its peak now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,000.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside