Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobKnapp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I can hit the upper ramp on SM 9 out of 10 times...no sweat and I have only had the machine a month. I have had STLE for quite a while and played it A LOT, I can hit the warp ramp maybe 1 time in 10 games...

Any one here figure out the cadence for the STLE ramp? This is one of the toughest shots for me...

#2 10 years ago

Yours may need adjusted or pitched different. I can hit it 3 times in a row on a great day and am about 30% on super skill shot.

#3 10 years ago

The shot on STLE is much harder mostly because the feed to the upper flipper is 1000x worse than it is on SM which has the nice little one way gate that feeds the ball smoothly to the upper flipper.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Any one here figure out the cadence for the STLE ramp? This is one of the toughest shots for me...

It is a hard shot. But I have had my STLE for 5 days. And I was afraid it would be to hard . But I manage to get at least 3 WARP RAMP shots for extra ball on 85% of the games. Played 107 games total. My best WARP WRAMP total is 9.3. It is so fun to get a combo. SM is fun too . The Hardest shot for me in the pinballs I own with Right upper flipper is Delta Ramp ST:TNG . SKB hit the WARP RAMP 32 times . That would be fun.

#5 10 years ago

I've been going warp ramp crazy lately. My new obscene goal is to find out if I get the warp ramp up to 9.9 a second time, do I get another add a ball. I've gotten it back around to 9.1, just needed 8 more ramps, lol. I'll get it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

30% on super skill shot.

How do you start ie what flipper do I need to Hold down to attempt a WARP RAMP skill shot. I did not realize there was one . Thanks

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

How do you start ie what flipper do I need to Hold down to attempt a WARP RAMP skill shot. I did not realize there was one . Thanks

3 skill shots in ST:
1. Hold left button, ball goes all the way around. Hit vengeance.
2. Soft plung ball and don't let it go into the jets. Hit ramp.
3. Hold right button, and plunge or push fire button. If the ball feeds back to the flipper and you hit the ramp, big points.

As for 2. Look at the warp ramp insignia during plunge. There is a blinking red light on it for the skill shot. If the ball goes into the jets, the light goes out.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

3. Hold right button, and plunge or push fire button. If the ball feeds back to the flipper and you hit the ramp, big points.

Thanks . I am still unclear # 3. I love skillshots. Hold right flipper got that part. If the ball feeds back to the flipper hit ramp . Can you explain this for me more in depth . Thanks ectobar.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

I can hit the warp ramp maybe 1 time in 10 games...

Me as well one out of ten times for example. But the key is that the onetime you nail the WARP RAMP is when you get the combo / succession of multiple shots going. At least some of the time. So fun .

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

So I can hit the upper ramp on SM 9 out of 10 times...no sweat and I have only had the machine a month. I have had STLE for quite a while and played it A LOT, I can hit the warp ramp maybe 1 time in 10 games...

I believe I hit the warp ramp every game at least one time, kind of reminds me of Storm on XM more dumb luck than skill.

I think SM has a bit of an edge in for the side Venom ramp because the small gate slows the ball down.

You don't need a cadence to hit one warp ramp, just try to hit it, the cadence would be if there is a method to warp on top of warp etc.. which I can do sometimes but not often. Most Warp ramps I have got in ST LE was 8.

#11 10 years ago

Did you guys replace the factory black rubber with a different color or super band by chance? I hit my warp at least 9 times a game. It may just need some adjusting on your end. Think I have my pitch at 6.6.

Also, the 4th skill shot is anytime during the game, if you make the away team shot and it is not lit, hold your left flipper and it will light a super skill shot on the right ramp or vengeance.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe I hit the warp ramp every game at least one time, kind of reminds me of Storm on XM.
I think SM has a bit of an edge in for the side Venom ramp because the small gate slows the ball down.
You don't need a cadence to hit one warp ramp, just try to hit it, the cadence would be if there is a method to warp on top of warp etc.. which I can do sometimes but not often. Most Warp ramps I have got in ST LE was 8.

One of the reasons I sold xmen (besides needing $ at the time), is the storm and warp ramps seemed identical in shot placement and difficulty. In a small lineup, I had no need for two similar upper flipper shots. Would you agree? Or am I on crack?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thanks . I am still unclear # 3. I love skillshots. Hold right flipper got that part. If the ball feeds back to the flipper hit ramp . Can you explain this for me more in depth . Thanks ectobar.

Sure thing.

Past the jets, there is a diverter/button (I'm probably using some off terminology here, sorry). If you hold the right button, that diverter stays in place. The goal is for the plunge to bounce off of that, go back past the jets, and then feed down to the flipper. If you hit the warp ramp, you get 1.6mil. The problem is that it often doesn't bounce off the diverter hard enough, and ends up going into the jets, negating your chance at some extra points. On my machine, a hard manual plunge seems to get the job done around 50% of the time, where as using the fire button is even less.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One of the reasons I sold xmen (besides needing $ at the time), is the storm and warp ramps seemed identical in shot placement and difficulty. In a small lineup, I had no need for two similar upper flipper shots.

Good point, and in XM you actually have to make the Storm shot, so far in ST it just seems like a luxury.

However to me, the ball feeding to the upper flipper in ST is better as it usually comes out of the pops like on SM. But on XM you need to feed the flipper by Cyclops or Beast usually.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you guys replace the factory black rubber with a different color or super band by chance? I hit my warp at least 9 times a game. It may just need some adjusting on your end. Think I have my pitch at 6.6.
Also, the 4th skill shot is anytime during the game, if you make the away team shot and it is not lit, hold your left flipper and it will light a super skill shot on the right ramp or vengeance.

I did a pinbits/cliffy install this weekend, and while I was at it, put super band post rubbers in everywhere. They look completely badass. Play wise, I'm torn. Those suckers are bouncy. I'm going to give them some time, but am already thinking about changing a couple back to normal to avoid airballs.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

1. Hold left button, ball goes all the way around. Hit vengeance.

For Skill Shot #1, the lit flashing enterprise can be either the Vengeance or the R ramp. Seems random as to which one the game selects.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's right, I'd forgotten about this -- probably because I'm never trying to shoot the Away Team when it isn't lit.
Can you combo into this Super Skill Shot? (meaning: live catch the skill shot feed, immediately backhand the L ramp, and combo into the R ramp or Vengeance drop target)

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

For Skill Shot #1, the lit flashing enterprise can be either the Vengeance or the R ramp. Seems random as to which one the game selects.

That's right, I'd forgotten about this -- probably because I'm never trying to shoot the Away Team when it isn't lit.
Can you combo into this Super Skill Shot? (meaning: live catch the skill shot feed, immediately backhand the L ramp, and combo into the R ramp or Vengeance drop target)

I don't believe you can combo the skill shot, no. But that got me thinking of an ultra skill shot > hold left flipper, make the away shot, hold left flipper again and make the vengeance or R ramp

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But that got me thinking of an ultra skill shot > hold left flipper, make the away shot, hold left flipper again and make the vengeance or R ramp

I have seen your high score on the chart. You could most likely could pull it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-vs-stle-upper-flipper-rampswth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.