• Star Trek Pro 23 votes
    16%
  • Save some more & go for the Star Trek Premium! 37 votes
    25%

(148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Code: SM
Everything else: ST Prem/Le

1 year later
#63 8 years ago

But SM doesn't have....well....the WARP shot!

Quoted from rai:

One thing that is quite different is SM modes starts by hitting a shot or several and can run all at the same time, while ST modes are more discrete and you can pick to advance forward or sideways which (I think) makes ST games more interesting whereas SM (IMO) every game plays much the same every time except for how far you advance.

This is so true. I really enjoy SM...for about a week. But scoring aside, its a pretty linear repetitive game. Call outs are annoying and redundant too compared to ST.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I took the plunge & bought STLE. I played it in the wild & my family really enjoys it. I guess I'll see if it stands the test of time.
My initial thought is that it will hold up in my collection. I find the game immerses you enough that you don't really notice the similarities. Early call though..

Awesome! Congrats. The thing I love most about ST that keeps me coming back is if I ever get that slight feeling of boredom, I can completely change my strategies full 180 deg or just give it a slight change in strategy and I'm immersed all over again.

2 years later
#72 6 years ago

Interesting this thread has popped up again. So when it was created, I don't believe there was a SMVE. I owned STLE for 2 years and now own SMVE (going on 1 1/2 years). My problem with SM has been, and always will be, the movie art, dmd, call outs, and theme overall - this is just like, my opinion. That said, SMVE has completely filled that void 110%! And, has let me fully enjoy SM. That said, I recently have a local pinsider hit me up for a trade - his ST Premium for my SMVE. I rate both games very close - in fact in my personal top 10 pinside list I have them #3 & #4. I probably am not going to go with ST as I prefer SMVE.

Digging further, and I was thinking about this last night as I played SMVE; ST flows better and still has the warp shot which is one of the best shots in pinball - but, SMVE shoots better...if that makes sense....basically, the shots (minus warp ramp) feel better and more satisfying in SMVE. Both are very close though so for those on the fence...I say flip a coin and go with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-vs-st?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.