Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sterntrio.jpg
METSM.jpg
SM.jpg
SM02.jpg
SM01.jpg
DSC09514.JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Having trouble deciding on which should sit next to my MOPLE. Help me decide?

#2 10 years ago

SM by a mile for me personally. That would be 1.6 kilometers down under.

#3 10 years ago

Owned both, neither lasted very long mostly due to the long ball times. I really enjoyed them both for awhile but neither is in even my own personal top 10 of what I have owned.

SM is the better game but for some reason I think I would be more excited to play BDK again if I found them out on route somewhere.

#4 10 years ago

SM is one of the best games ever, IMHO

#5 10 years ago

SM is far superior to BDK, and has the Third Flipper Mechanic that you don't have on Metallica. Go SM IMO.

-Wes

#6 10 years ago

i have owned them both sm hands down

#7 10 years ago

SM!!!!

DSC09514.JPGDSC09514.JPG

#8 10 years ago

I have both and find SM to be better.

#9 10 years ago

SM but not by much. Apples and Oranges or shall I say Crane and Sandman

#10 10 years ago

I really enjoy BDK and find it very fun. That said, Spider Man is an incredibly good machine that balances everything - new players love it, experienced players have a lot of deep rules, fast flow but also pick your shots.

I think SM runs about $700 - $1,000 more too.

#11 10 years ago

Sm gets my vote. I recently got more plays on a btdk and up until that point I thought it sucked but it's grown on me a bit. It's got some cool shots, but it's no Spider-Man!

#12 10 years ago

I've never played a BDK, but my Spidey is a keeper!!! Great game, highly recommend...

#13 10 years ago

The crane on BDK is the best toy in pinball, but SM is a better overall package.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The crane on BDK is the best toy in pinball, but SM is a better overall package.

MM castle is the best toy in pinball!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Johnny Mnemonics glove is the best toy in pinball

#16 10 years ago

I like BDK better. Guess I'm a non conformist.

#17 10 years ago

I've never played SM and I will never own one since I'm getting the new ST, but BDK is super fun. It's got that, just one more game, feeling to it. I would go BDK too.

#18 10 years ago

SM is awesome.......fun game but the games can be on the long side (well for guys I know that can play....for me not so much because I stink....LOL !!!).

I would go with SM as most friends I know love it as well. However, I actually like my IM a little better but they complement each other well (IM shorter game times).

#19 10 years ago

I still see a crooked green target!

#20 10 years ago

Prepare to spend at least $6k+ to get a Spiderman in today's market.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Prepare to spend at least $6k+ to get a spiderman in today's market.

You would have to spend more than that to get a BDK that looks like mine. Hehe.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Bought mine for 4.2K but needed major cleaning/shopping....it was routed and all. A *minty* HUGO is definitely in that 6K range.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Thats ridiculous. I had a pretty damn decent one a few months back (when the market was still red hot...it's cooled significantly lately) that didn't have any takers even at $4300. No one even came to look at it, finally traded it off after 5 or 6 weeks.

The market is far from "at least $6k+"....$6k is for a museum quality piece and it goes down from there.

#24 10 years ago

SM by a mile.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Thats ridiculous. I had a pretty damn decent one a few months back (when the market was still red hot...it's cooled significantly lately) that didn't have any takers even at $4300. No one even came to look at it, finally traded it off after 5 or 6 weeks.
The market is far from "at least $6k+"....$6k is for a museum quality piece and it goes down from there.

He must live in Canada. 6k is what a SM costs up here.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I'm not going to argue about if MM is a good game or not, as I really like it, but the castle really isn't interactive in any way. It holds the ball while a coil fires making the towers shake around above it. The only real interaction is the drawbridge, which isn't that special or the gate which is like a drop target in reverse. As a toy, I would rate the MM castle about the same as the AFM ship and / or Martians. Fun, but not really that interesting.

The BDK crane is absolutely AMAZING though. It's like a mobile captive ball shot that can be used to block other shots too. A well placed hit has no danger of draining, while a dead-on shot can send the ball right back at you at an uncontrollable speed. It takes the best of a moving target and combines it with the best of a nasty-target (like a Borg-magnet) and mushes them together. It's *great*.

I'm not a huge toy guy in machines, but I would own a BDK for a while just for the crane shot. It's awesome. But, between the two, I know that BDK would not be a keeper while SM would be - and I don't know why, as SM is a deeper game which I generally don't like, but it's got an amazing 'it' factor.

#27 10 years ago

I would LOVE to find a Spider Man at $4300. Count me in...

#28 10 years ago

Spiderman had a great run here but Batman is still in my collection. That crane comes out along with the heart pounding music is total excitement.

Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#29 10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Looking at a one owner HUO SM tonight. The BDK is apparantly a good example but a container pin. I do like the idea of the extra flipper action on SM.

Whats the difference between the 2007 and 2010 run of Spiderman?

#30 10 years ago

A $4,300 HUO SM wouldn't last an hour on pinside !!! Period. Not happening. I travelled 4 hours for my HUO SM and was thrilled to find one really nice for $5K....I haven't seen one less then that in nice shape since.

$4,300......not saying it didn't happen but in the DC area it truly wouldn't have lasted long at all. I would not sell mine for $6K but truly if I put it up for $5K it would be gone in no time.

For $4,300 for an HUO they would be running over each other to get to my house and pick it up.

Don't know about $6K ++ but I am sure $5K would be a GREAT PRICE for an HUO.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

A $4,300 HUO SM wouldn't last an hour on pinside !!! Period. Not happening. I travelled 4 hours for my HUO SM and was thrilled to find one really nice for $5K....I haven't seen one less then that in nice shape since.
$4,300......not saying it didn't happen but in the DC area it truly wouldn't have lasted long at all. I would not sell mine for $6K but truly if I put it up for $5K it would be gone in no time.
For $4,300 for an HUO they would be running over each other to get to my house and pick it up.
Don't know about $6K ++ but I am sure $5K would be a GREAT PRICE for an HUO.

The ones that were selling that low were routed I think.

#32 10 years ago

That makes a lot more sense......probably beat up a good bit and then I could see one selling for $4,300.

#33 10 years ago

Both great pins, love both, played bdk more, love the crane ,would love to play it away from an arcade one day, to learn the rules properly. ..Doubt you can go wrong either way..good luck!!!

#34 10 years ago

Have both, SM is better but more expensive . Both are keepers.

#35 10 years ago

BDK is underated. Good goal oriented game. Getting the shot multipliers lit is the key to big scores. But drain your ball, and you lose them and have to start again.

SM is great too.

But if you own a Met I would suggest BDK would be a good companion. Different to Met in a lot of ways. And probably cheaper too. BDK looks awesome when all ledded up.

rd.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Johnny Mnemonics glove is the best toy in pinball

That glove is the worst toy in pinball. It takes a fast flowing game and stops the action for an extensive time

#37 10 years ago

BdK is a real good game, underrated also in my opinion.

I have a BdK where a good friend has a SM so have played both a lot. Difficult choice to make as yes BdK is a fun game but SM is to. However, the crane of BdK is awesome.

I tent to go for BdK, also because of the fact that this pin is more rare eg. you can play a lot of SM with other people.

And yes, it can be modded

#38 10 years ago

Owned both. SM us still here, but, BDK would also still be here if I had room for it.

#39 10 years ago

I own a BDK and have played SM numerous times. On its newest code, BDK is a lot of fun, but still has a few issues. SM is just a well polished, fast flowing, fun game, so I give SM the win.

#40 10 years ago

I used to own BDK and I've played a ton of S-M in league and tournaments. For me, S-M is the better game but not by much. People who say "S-M by a mile" or "S-M, no comparison" have probably not given BDK a fair shake. It's a really good pin, just not quite as good as S-M.

#41 10 years ago

bdk is a joke. can't believe these two games are getting compared.

#42 10 years ago

SM by a lot...and I really like BDK.

#43 10 years ago

This one isn't even close for me. SM by a big margin.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

BDK looks awesome when all ledded up.

Absolutely!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

bdk is a joke. can't believe these two games are getting compared.

Wow, what a comparative fact based statement.Sure glad that you joined this thread.We are all sure better off for it now....

#46 10 years ago

Ended up with a like new SM. Theres not a scratch on it!

Thanks for all the feedback. I think BDK will be next on my list.

SM01.jpgSM01.jpg SM02.jpgSM02.jpg

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Congratulations, one of the best pinball machines ever made! Hope you love it!! Ritchie and Borg pins side by side is a great combination.

#48 10 years ago

Personally I would of gone batman
But still I do like sm

#49 10 years ago

Awesome..looks just like my room..only they face each other. Spidey love for eva!SM.jpgSM.jpg METSM.jpgMETSM.jpg

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Are those two bolts on the front from an operators lockdown bar or are all Spidermans like that?? I'm not that familiar with that cab.

******EDIT*******
Sorry, I just read one of your earlier posts in this thread where you say it is a one owner HUO Spiderman so those bolts must be some kind of mod. Never mind then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-vs-bdk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.