Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a buddy looking for a mint SM with metal apron and rails.

What are they trading at now? Is the sweet spot $5,200 for stock and more for quality mods?

#2 8 years ago

I'd say your close but may be a touch higher.

#3 8 years ago

Mint for $5,200? Minimum $5,500.

#4 8 years ago

I would say for a mint SM you are looking around $5500 to $6000 depending what extras it has on it.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I would say for a mint SM you are looking around $5500 to $6000 depending what extras it has on it.

+1

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

+2. I see people asking for 6k+ but I don't necessarily see them selling.

#7 8 years ago

+3 thats what I got mine for a month ago.

#8 8 years ago

+4 Mine is mint and I paid 6k

#9 8 years ago

I just paid $5200 for a mint HUO with some LED's

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

It's not mint if it has LEDs!

#11 8 years ago

They could be minty LED's !!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It's not mint if it has LEDs!

Yeah, he should have said 'better than mint! it has LEDs!'

#13 8 years ago

Wow, it seems like only yesterday Jersey Jack was ridiculing me for paying $6000 for my NIB Black Spider-Man. Time flies.....and so do the prices of SM I guess.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Put the crack pipe down.

#15 8 years ago

Mint with no upgrades would be around $5500. Add-ons such as shaker, LED's, subwoofer, and buildings can bring it up to $6K fast for machines I've seen sell around me.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wow, it seems like only yesterday Jersey Jack was ridiculing me for paying $6000 for my NIB Black Spider-Man. Time flies.....and so do the prices of SM I guess.

Yeah but people are paying $7K for X-men LE's. "who would have thunk it?". LOL.

I could have bought a mint AFM for $5k also. What's your point?

#17 8 years ago

It's a straight up fantastic game and its value has held or gone up a little over retail. For better pr worse 2012 saw everything go up. I think Spider-Man is in the 5K range now in descent shape.

As for mine, it would require "an offer I couldn't refuse" and no one should spend that on a pinball. I have an emotional attachment to it.

#18 8 years ago

What would routed and filthy SM with a few issues go for?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

What would routed and filthy SM with a few issues go for?

If the playfield was good underneath I'd pay $4k for one

#20 8 years ago

These things go for around $4k at auction when they're beat to crap. Routed have been in low to high 4s depending on condition.

HUO/minty condition is easily $5,500 plus. As has been demonstrated so many times on Pinside over the last 6 months. There is no crack pipe.

#21 8 years ago

Yep, $4k to $4500 at auction, around $5k for a nice one, $5500+ for really nice. No such thing as a mint pinball

It seems harder to gauge the value of a Black Spider-Man right now though.

#22 8 years ago

Getting close to 6 is new in the box AcDc territory and stupid money for a used Spiderman.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

Getting close to 6 is new in the box AcDc territory and stupid money for a used spiderman

Unless:

A. You don't like AC/DC
B. You have AC/DC
C. You really really want a SM and don't care how it relates to other machines

#24 8 years ago

A colleague of mine picked a nice one up from a collector a few months ago for $5250.

#25 8 years ago

I appreciate the feedback.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Doug hit me up when or if you sell that SM!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Doug hit me up when or if you sell that SM!

I don't sell too often but, lately I have sold 3.

I will mark you as first to notify

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

Getting close to 6 is new in the box AcDc territory and stupid money for a used spiderman.

Yeah, and the only NIB SM around is $7K, which makes sense, as SM is easily 15 - 20% better game wise than ACDC. And even if you don't think SM is better than ACDC, it's way more game than most games available at any price. Pay for the game, not the mods, not the fake "limited edition", not the hype, or fear of not getting one, etc. Buy the best games...which will usually command premium money = SM.

#29 8 years ago

I also think to depends on not only condition but what extras does it have. Shaker motor? Sound system? LED's. So $5500 on the low end and it could be up to $6500.

#30 8 years ago

Yeah, and the only NIB SM around is $7K

I think you meant $8995

http://www.pinballs.com/

#31 8 years ago

Wow! Automated is actually cutting people a deal at $7k!

#32 8 years ago

Wow! Automated is actually cutting people a deal at $7k!

I am not sure what you mean. Pinballs.com is Automated Services and they have one new SM and one used one. The used one is $7795.

#33 8 years ago

Oh, whoops! For some reason I thought automated also had a website that said automated! I also thought I heard someone say their price was $7k...but I like your price better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 1,000.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside