Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rkelley17
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SM_Switch.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Alright guys, I'm having a problem with Spidey and I'm stumped. I'm having trouble completing the modes in SM that are started by the white SM inserts. This is because I am having trouble with the right ramp switch(es) that trigger the insert at the bottom of the right ramp. First off, I did a switch test and everything worked fine. Took the glass off and tripped them myself and no issues. However, sometimes when a game starts that insert will already be dark like I've already hit that ramp shot. Other times it will stay lit no matter how many times I hit that ramp shot. Other times it will work as it's supposed to. It's really frustrating because I can't complete the modes because of this. I have zero experience working on pins other than cleaning/waxing. I've never had to fix anything. So, can anyone help a newby out? Thanks!!!

Rick

#3 7 years ago

First off, "bump" after only 45 minutes is annoying and rude. Rather than getting more responses from that you may discourage people from wanting to help at all.

Anyways, it's a switch issue. You'll need to state a lot more detail than "I did a switch test and everything worked fine". What did you do exactly in detail?

#4 7 years ago

Go into switch test and roll a ball through and see what it does.

You may need to adjust a little. Have a flaky switch. Or poor connection in an IDC connector nearby.

Everybody starts somewhere. Post back if you need more help.

LTG

#5 7 years ago

Did you look under the play field and make sure there aren't any lose connections? I feel your pain, I had the Doc Ock opto and magnet not registering properly...went through so many different things to figure it out and had a lot of help on here...

I'm sure some of the other experts will weigh in with some ideas...

#6 7 years ago

Yea, I would try what LTG suggested. Sometimes when you test it you bring the gate up higher than a ball would. Test it using a ball if it does not register then adjust the switch.

That switch you are referring to (im assuming on right ramp exit) does tend to get bent a bit out of shape on the top end. You may need to bend it a bit (don't go overboard) so when the ball rolls through the gate the contact will close.

#7 7 years ago

For the right ramp, the ball must make it completely around the ramp to count as a completed shot to turn off the white insert. I believe there is a switch on the right side after the ball starts coming back on the ramp/loop toward the right shooter lane. That is the switch that is likely the problem.

I would first put the game in switch test and roll a ball up the ramp and see if both the ramp/upward switch and the right/downward switch are both seeing the ball pass.

Let us know what that does after you try it so we can help figure it out from there.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would first put the game in switch test and roll a ball up the ramp and see if both the ramp/upward switch and the right/downward switch are both seeing the ball pass.

Good job DC...you and TDA got it i think!

Did you ever get the Wible One Ring Shooter?

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys. Wasn't trying to be rude by bumping, but I had the playfield up and was just hoping to try some things tonight while I had the time. It was indeed the 2nd switch on the ramp that just needed to be adjusted. Thanks again!!!

Rick

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

It was indeed the 2nd switch on the ramp that just needed to be adjusted. Thanks again!!!
Rick

Cool!

Quoted from iceman44:

Did you ever get the Wible One Ring Shooter?

Hey Ice, I got the sword shooter from Pinball Customs and a special shooter for Spidey from Pinball Customs. I have not had a chance to install them yet. I just got back from a week vacation.
The Pinball Customs shooters look really nice.

Now I have to try and figure out why my Orthanc Tower is not kicking the ball onto the Path of The Dead. I ran a test and the kicker/coil is not activating at all. I have a feeling it is either a loose wire or a transistor. I doubt it is a fuse, but will also have to check that with a meter. Visually the fuse looks ok. I also have not had a chance to lift the playfield yet.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

sometimes when a game starts that insert will already be dark like I've already hit that ramp shot.

This is actually normal. When you first start a game, not all the white arrows are lit for the first mode. Only for subsequent modes are all lit.

Glad you got it figured out.

#12 7 years ago

wizzardz,

I thought that was the case, but the way that the switch worked sometimes but not others was confusing the situation. Thanks for the help!!!

Rick

#14 7 years ago

Thanks TDA!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pic!!!

Rick

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside