IMG_2771_(Custom).JPG
IMG_2768_(Custom).JPG
IMG_2765_(Custom).JPG
IMG_2751_(Large).JPG
IMG_2754_(Large).JPG
IMG_2721_(Large).JPG
IMG_2723_(Large).JPG

#1 12 years ago

After installing some other mods and fixing a few things, I've started the refinishing of the open pf area and replacing the rubber of the SM. I've focused on pulling the mid and lower pf, leaving the upper pf largely untouched. This will allow a lot of room for the 3" orbital to work.

I'll do some cleaning of the ramps and replace rubber in the back, but won't strip the toys down until after I have the bad wizard refurb done. This will get the the game cleaned up and playing fast.

IMG_2723_(Large).JPGIMG_2723_(Large).JPG IMG_2721_(Large).JPGIMG_2721_(Large).JPG

#2 12 years ago

that SM is pretty dirty. great pin.

#3 12 years ago

After you clean all the dirt from the targets, try getting thevTarget Decals From Pinball Life, they also make a big difference.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Target Decals From Pinball Life, they also make a big difference.

+1 These look great on Spidey! They really complete the playfield.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

try getting thevTarget Decals From Pinball Life, they also make a big difference.

Do they stay attached for a long time? Just curious.

#6 12 years ago

try getting thevTarget Decals From Pinball Life

I have a set on the way.

Below are pics from the cleaning and 2 stage polish with the orbital. I managed to get the initial thicker coats of wax down, but its way too warm (in my workshop) to get it really buffed down (but good for initial coats). I'll wait until later/cooler to get the finish coats down. I have rubbers to replace, a bit more cleaning, and reassembly left after the waxing.

With the cleaning done, its really obvious the large number of ball dents in this pf.

IMG_2754_(Large).JPGIMG_2754_(Large).JPG IMG_2751_(Large).JPGIMG_2751_(Large).JPG

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Do they stay attached for a long time? Just curious.

Yes they do last (especially for a home use pin) and make a big visual difference IMO.

#8 12 years ago

Looking nice! It is shining right up. I think that buffer is definitely a good tool to have.

#9 12 years ago

Here's pics after the waxing. I have some more cleaning and rubber to replace, but the play field is nice and slick. Notice the distortion of the reflections - particularly in the last pic - these are dimpling from ball strikes to the pf. No way to get those out.

IMG_2765_(Custom).JPGIMG_2765_(Custom).JPG IMG_2768_(Custom).JPGIMG_2768_(Custom).JPG IMG_2771_(Custom).JPGIMG_2771_(Custom).JPG

#10 12 years ago

Here's a before pic for comparison

IMG_2619_(Large).JPGIMG_2619_(Large).JPG

#11 12 years ago

Got the SM put back together last night. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. First game on it after the reassemble I achieved a new second high score (208MM).

I got the SRP side rails in yesterday (need to find a secure torx the right size) and have LEDS on the way. I have to clean up the targets and apply stickers and a couple other fixes and mods, but it sure plays a lot faster now.

IMG_2806_(Custom).JPGIMG_2806_(Custom).JPG IMG_2812_(Custom).JPGIMG_2812_(Custom).JPG

#12 12 years ago

Looking good! You should get nice new white flipper bats for it.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

You should get nice new white flipper bats for it.

I was considering it, but the ones on it even cleaned up well enough. I'm planning to take this pf completely down (refinish the whole thing) after I'm done with the bad wizard! refurb and deferred that type of work for then.

#14 12 years ago

Looks GOOD - I really enjoy seeing the before and after pics.

#15 12 years ago

Hey Wizzardz, i was moving to a bigger home and I was kind of busy... Anyway check out this figures from Bandai when you get a chance, heres a link to the post of my pics

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tk375s-stern-spider-man-mods-and-upgrades#post-59794

#16 12 years ago

Excellent job!!! Your Flipper bats are screaming for a Novus 2 scrub down though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-refinishing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.