Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Potential trade in the works for a super nice spidey. Curious to know how this pin's price has been trending. I don't have a good grasp on this title's history and future.

Thanks for the info.

Darin

#2 5 years ago

up like everything.

#3 5 years ago

It always seems like SM has a ceiling at $6000. They sit above that price, and sell below it.

#4 5 years ago

up more than other games have been going

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It always seems like SM has a ceiling at $6000. They sit above that price, and sell below it.

I sold mine above it...but it was super duper nice w/ CC'd NOS playfield, Steve's web rails, pinbits protectors, various toy mods, etc.

#6 5 years ago

Routed $4500 give or take. HUO $5250 give or take. Condition is king, but these are good starting points.

#7 5 years ago

New feature for Pinside: A scrolling ticker.

SM + 1 3/4, TAF -0.45, LOTRLE + 2

#8 5 years ago

I thought minty HUO without mods was around $5,500 and a machine which has been tastefully modded is $6,000.

#9 5 years ago

"tastefully".

Who decides?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I sold mine above it...but it was super duper nice w/ CC'd NOS playfield, Steve's web rails, pinbits protectors, various toy mods, etc.

Yeah, but contrary to what everyone is saying prices are not just going up, you sold when the whole market was higher. Spider-Man has come down some just like plenty of other things have.

#11 5 years ago

An HUO SM is a low $5Kish pin all day long if it is "minty".....LOL !!!! Great game and worth the price. Buy one local and save the shipping charges and if you get it for $5K jump on it and don't look back. I rarely see them lower then $5Kish for a nice one and you save $300-$400 shipping if you get lucky to find one "down the street".

Spring/Summer is the time to buy in my opinion.....I get all my best deals in the spring/summer it seems.....then you sell the ones you are bored of during the X-MAS time period and do it all over again.....best way to rotate your collection (sell during the "higher demand months" and buy during "the lower demand months").....worked well for me last year and so far I have gotten some great deals over the last few weeks (bought a LOTR, POTC, WOZ and Elvis and got great prices on all 4).

Good luck to you !!!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

That made me snicker...very nice!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, but contrary to what everyone is saying prices are not just going up, you sold when the whole market was higher. Spider-Man has come down some just like plenty of other things have.

I'm glad that others have noticed the downward trend. As long as it factors into sales I am ok with it. If people just sit on their games because they cannot get top dollar for them that would suck.
But on topic my buddy just picked up a package deal of 5 of them for $2,500 each. He sold each for $4k I believe.

#14 5 years ago

Just because you see guys listing HUO modded Spideys north of $6k doesn't mean that's what they get for em. When I see ads like that I just want to roll over laughing.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just because you see guys listing HUO modded Spideys north of $6k doesn't mean that's what they get for em.

I just sold a nice HUO modded SM two weeks ago. I only heard crickets for the first week. Just got one response, and sold for low 5's to a Spidey fan who never played pinball before. Felt fortunate it sold based on the lack of interest from pinball fans.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Routed $4500 give or take. HUO $5250 give or take. Condition is king, but these are good starting points.

I would agree with this.

#16 5 years ago

I had SM. The price dips every time a new pin is announced THEN returns when pinheads realize new pin is not as good. I sold my mint documented HUO for 6200 out of state.

Miss it.

#17 5 years ago

Last month or so on pinside - SM in MI sold for $4500 and SM in IL sold for $5100 "OBO". I believe there was another one in the NY area for low $5k range.

#18 5 years ago

just sold a huo for 4800

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

just sold a huo for 4800

You did someone a favor.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

When can we have this implemented?

Makes it somewhat hard to price stuff out with such a range. Thanks for all the info.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

An HUO SM is a low $5Kish pin all day long if it is "minty".....LOL !!!!

Were you really sitting in front of your laptop or ipad and laughing out loud?

You come off as quite peculiar.

#22 5 years ago

FWIW, I wouldn't let mine go for anything less than mid to high 5k range. I don't have a ton of mods, but it is low play HUO.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I'm glad that others have noticed the downward trend. As long as it factors into sales I am ok with it. If people just sit on their games because they cannot get top dollar for them that would suck.
But on topic my buddy just picked up a package deal of 5 of them for $2,500 each. He sold each for $4k I believe.

Does he have any more?

#24 5 years ago

2007 original SM release pin should go huo for nothing under 6g.

#25 5 years ago

What's the difference between a 2007 and a 2010 released SM?

#26 5 years ago

Metal apron and metal playfield support rails on 07. Plastic apron and peg supports after 07.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Metal apron and metal playfield support rails on 07. Plastic apron and peg supports after 07.

...in other words, ~$100 and a half hours worth of labor.

#28 5 years ago

I've had both (2007 and 2010) and actually sat side by side for a while. The PF clear on the 2010 is waaaaaayyyy better than the 2007. I'll trade that for the rails and steal apron any day. Plus you get the webbed rails on the 2010

Quoted from molspin:

...in other words, ~$100 and a half hours worth of labor.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Does he have any more?

Nope.

#30 5 years ago

Mine is from April 2008 and has a metal apron and playfield support rails.

#31 5 years ago

The one I'm getting (hopefully) is a 2010. I hope to nail this down today. Thanks for the input.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine is from April 2008 and has a metal apron and playfield support rails.

My Dec. 21, 2009 build also has a metal apron and under PF support rails.

Bought the game from original owner who never mentioned these items with the other mods he installed...so did these changes come in '10 perhaps?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

My Dec. 21, 2009 build also has a metal apron and under PF support rails.
Bought the game from original owner who never mentioned these items with the other mods he installed...so did these changes come in '10 perhaps?

I think so...2010.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massillon, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside