Topic poll

“What would you do?”

• Get Spiderman. 36 votes
    59%
  • Keep Xmen LE. 25 votes
    41%

(61 votes)

#1 10 years ago

I have the opportunity to purchase a HUO Spiderman. Would likely cost me $400 or $500 more than I can sell my Xmen LE Wolverine for. I am enjoying Xmen with the current code. I haven't played SM more than one or two times back when it first came out, but everyone raves about it. If you had this opportunity what would you do - keep the Xmen or get Spiderman?

#2 10 years ago

I have an XMENLE and want a SM but there's no way I would get rid of my XMENLE for it. I'll keep saving until I can have both.

#4 10 years ago

XMEN LE!, just kidding

#5 10 years ago

I think you can get around $5300 for your X-Men LE in this market. $5700 for HUO SM seems pretty high unless it's loaded with mods.

#6 10 years ago

Well if it was my money, XM would be history and there would be a nice Spiderman. However, it isn't my money, so I have questions:

Do you enjoy playing Xmen? If you like the game and like to play it, keep it! There will be copies of SM around for a long time. You can swap out the two later. It may not be the same copy, but you will be able to find one.

The exact opposite is also true. If you are bored with XM, move it along and bring in Spidey. The code improved a lot after the first versions. Once Stern gets a game right they really are good. Sometimes it just takes a while.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think you can get around $5300 for your X-Men LE in this market. $5700 for HUO SM seems pretty high unless it's loaded with mods.

The SM is $5500 and has no mods. I tried to get $5300 for the Xmen recently and had no takers.

#8 10 years ago

I watched HUO SM with no mods go on ebay for $5351 last night.

ebay.com link: itm

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I watched HUO SM with no mods go on ebay for $5351 last night.

Looks like I need to go back to the seller for a lower price if I decide to get it.

#10 10 years ago

Have both, I like SM better. Both are keepers!

#11 10 years ago

Honestly I think $5500 is a bit high even for a HUO SM. I would sit tight and one will pop up for less. I think selling X-MEN would be a mistake. If anything sell the AC/DC first.

#12 10 years ago

Both great pins. Perhaps get the SM and down the road get an XM Pro it's a win win.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

The SM is $5500 and has no mods. I tried to get $5300 for the Xmen recently and had no takers.

Is your X-Men still on the market for $5300? Man, that does seem like a good price. Yours must've been what I saw when I threw $5300 out as what I thought you could get. I know that a guy here in MI had his listed for $5300 and finally sold it. Granted, I don't know what the final selling price was. If it's still available, good luck. Seems like a matter of when, not a matter of if. Or perhaps it's just more evidence of a pin market not only hitting the breaks, but going in reverse a bit. Either way, best of luck!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If anything sell the AC/DC first.

Can't get rid of ACDC - that is a keeper.

Quoted from usandthem:

Is your X-Men still on the market for $5300?

Just played it again and think I will hang on to it for awhile and see if a lower priced SM pops up down the road when I have the cash to just add it to the collection instead of getting rid of Xmen.

#15 10 years ago

SM could be pried out of my collection!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If anything sell the AC/DC first.

Rex now you are just talking nonsense. AC/DC RULES! XMLE is a cool ass game as well. I say get them all at the same time!

#17 10 years ago

SM ..... all... the..... way!

#18 10 years ago

I have both side by side. I don't think I can choose one over the other at this point. SM is much newer, but there's something about the whole XM package that's unparalleled in any other game I've played. Many don't seem to get it, but for me at this point it would be one of the last to leave my collection.

#19 10 years ago

Neither
Get xmen pro.

#20 10 years ago

XmenLE. Not very many made. SM will be around for ever.

#22 10 years ago

Both Great, SM is a modern day classic. Jury is still out on XM after all the release/software drama. Secure an SM IMO.

-Wes

#23 10 years ago

SM all the way !

#24 10 years ago

Got'em both...both HUO.

For me XmenLE wins in a landslide

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-or-xmen-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.