Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pindog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have owned SM for a year plus, I like it, but it's very similar to my STLE, at least similar in some ways but I know they are two distinct games, I could keep both happily, but I was thinking maybe I'd like Met as much as SM?

Lately I've been thinking of Met pro, and it looks like I could sell my SM and get a Met pro and have some money coming back my way.

In most cases, I'd keep SM and get Met pro, but I'm out of room.

I'm curious what people think of these two pins?

I need to get some time on Met pro, maybe at Allentown, but I wanted to get some opinions in the meantime.

#2 9 years ago

I own Met and I still want a Spiderman. Not sure I would want spidey and ST at the same time. I think my wife likes Met more than SM, it's probably the opposite for me. Unless you can find a SM around the 4500 mark, Met is better bang for the buck IMO, and a game on Met generally won't take an hour for me...unlike a game on Spiderman. SM is much deeper than MET, IMO, but the multiballs aren't as much fun to play to me, aside from Battle Royale.

#3 9 years ago

Both SM and MET are great. But since you have ST, I would sell SM and get the MET!

#4 9 years ago

Keep SM and sell ST.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah, what about keeping SM and selling ST? You prefer ST over SM?
Great problem to have as SM and Met are both tops in my opinion.

#6 9 years ago

I like ST as much or more than SM.

#7 9 years ago

i just went with a Met Pro. Looking forward to the game.

#8 9 years ago

I prefer SM, but mostly because of the theme. Both games are great, though.

#10 9 years ago

SM!!! Fast and good flowing pin. Keeper for sure.

#11 9 years ago

SM is better than ST and MET. MET is better than ST.

#12 9 years ago

Tough choice, I think IF a SM was to be released as a VE right now and had the choice of either NIB I would go with SM, but would need to be the same price.

#13 9 years ago

If I was putting them in order of caliber of pin (just my opinion) I'd go 1. SM 2. MET 3 ST. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike ST at all I just prefer SM & MET. All that said, it's your collection sounds like you would lean towards getting rid of SM for MET. If that's the case go with your preference and play the hell out of MET. Good problem to have they are all very fun pins.

#15 9 years ago

My spidey senses tell me the tide is turning. That and the seven posts above. I say keep them both and save some mula and buy Met as well. Your not really out of room - there is always space for one more.

#16 9 years ago

keep the trek and get a met

#17 9 years ago

Very different pins. I sold my STLE to make room for a SM and kept METLE with no regrets. My opinion of MET keeps going back-and-forth from great to overrated. I think it comes down to skill and intensity. When I'm on and looking for a real challenge MET is great, but it is brutal to casual play. I enjoy SM whatever mood I'm in and more than ST since for me the rules offer more variety - can't describe it any better than the Lyman factor.

#18 9 years ago

I own a SM, I just purchased a ST Pro Monday. I love both games, they play very different to me. I am also after a Met Pro. I haven't been able to find a nice used one within driving distance so I may have to break down and buy a NIB. I plan to keep all three.

#19 9 years ago

Met Prem/LE over Spidey...but not Met Pro.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Met Prem/LE over Spidey...but not Met Pro.

Booooo!

#21 9 years ago

What can I say - Met Premium/LE's extras make it so much more engaging. I like the physical hammer/coffin lock, and I love the crazy GI fade & color change FX. I love the snake jaw. Take those things away, I think I'd rather have Spider-Man.

#22 9 years ago

The toys ARE much better on MET, but as a game? SM easily.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I enjoy SM whatever mood I'm in and more than ST since for me the rules offer more variety - can't describe it any better than the Lyman factor.

Of course, to me having SM and STLE side by side, SM has more inserts so that offers some more things going on at the same time, also SM has random modes that ST doesn't have. I know ST has GAT awards, but that's not the same as having Bone-saw, Rescue MJ, Daily Bugle modes.

I slightly prefer STLE, as I think it lights up better and the Vengeance toy is more interesting than Sandman. I like Doc Ock more than 'blank' since ST does not have any other toys.

I've been playing SM a lot more, to see if I can pick up the rules, and now think it's gaining favor to me, but so far it's not declared itself to me as being one of my favorites.

I could maybe fit another pin (or two) but that's really pushing it, and the closer I get to that 1-2 more pins means the less room I have. So I really want to make it count (the other option is to sell one to make room).

#24 9 years ago

I'm a Spider-Man man, man. Both are fantastic games, but Spider-Man is silky smooth and gives me more of a rush during combos and multiballs than Metallica does. Both are fantastic games, but SM sits above it in most regards (aside from art).

#25 9 years ago

Spiderman is a great game.. Depends what you have in your line up. I have MM, TAF, AFM, TronLE, BK, BK2000, Kiss, Road Kings, Pinbot and looking for Whirlwind at the moment. I don't miss Spidey with my current lineup. It's a beautiful looking game, lights, game play and toys. The problem is I couldn't
bear with the call outs from Mr. Jameson. I thought it was too cartoonish for me in the long run. I'd go for Metallica if I were you if that was the pick. Nicer game, better colors, cool music... Is it deep? Not really. Just a nice looking player. Now, if it were me, scratch both machines and pick up an AFM.

#26 9 years ago

I enjoy SM more than MET. But I think the combination of STLE and MET would be more fun than STLE and SM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-or-met-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.