(Topic ID: 43654)

SM or AC/DC....what would Ritchie pick?.......

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3040.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Both great and similar pins with the two ramp shots....SM is better flowing and overall better playing pin with Sandman, Doc Ock and Venom.....

However, AC/DC gets the overall nod simply due to the music and better rules....imho...

I wonder what Ritchie would say...

#2 11 years ago

I'm 1000% sure that AC/DC will be his pick.

#3 11 years ago

If I were to buy one it would be SM

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm 1000% sure that AC/DC will be his pick

Not so fast my friend Kwik......I'd love to know though...

SM is so good and a better pin but the music in AC/DC trumps it I think.....so close

#5 11 years ago

I have them both sitting next to each other. All I can say is every other game seems too easy after playing ACDC.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I have them both sitting next to each other. All I can say is every other game seems too easy after playing ACDC.

I think they are both "easy".....they seem to fit my shot making skills....Lotr Le, which sits next to SM for me is so much tougher than either of those....that is one of the things I like about AC/DC is its easy like SM...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm 1000% sure that AC/DC will be his pick.

Exact opposite. Ritchie would pick SM.

#8 11 years ago

And the music on SM is pretty freaking awesome.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And the music on SM is pretty freaking awesome

I agree with that no doubt but its just hard to compete with jamming out to those classic AC/DC songs......without the music, SM is a better pin that I think Ritchie would agree BUT......

#10 11 years ago

Ill know soon enough. ACDC is headed my way! I'm really curious how I'm gonna react.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ill know soon enough. ACDC is headed my way! I'm really curious how I'm gonna react.

Well, if you like SM you'll also love AC/DC...I've played a ton of games on AC/DC this week and own SM.....it will be interesting to see what you think by comparison....so similar with two ramp shots but Sandman, Doc Ock and Venom beat the TNT bell and drops...it seems like the ruleset is better on AC/DC to me or maybe its just the music integration..

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think they are both "easy".....they seem to fit my shot making skills....Lotr Le, which sits next to SM for me is so much tougher than either of those....that is one of the things I like about AC/DC is its easy like SM...

Easy huh? So I supposed it wouldnt be too much trouble for you to post a video making your way through Encore???

As to your original question I bought my SM NIB in 07' & my BIB last year and if I had to keep one SM would be up for sale.

I dont think anything about ACDC is easy when compared to SM. Too much random ball action on ACDC. SM if you are making your shots is a much more controlled game. Cant go wrong with either though.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Easy huh? So I supposed it wouldnt be too much trouble for you to post a video making your way through Encore???

As to your original question I bought my SM NIB in 07' & my BIB last year and if I had to keep one SM would be up for sale.

I dont think anything about ACDC is easy when compared to SM. Too much random ball action on ACDC. SM if you are making your shots is a much more controlled game. Cant go wrong with either though.

I agree, can't go wrong either way....and a good point on more random ball action on AC/DC but still....both easy to me.....and I wouldn't sell the BIB either seeing as though you can always buy an SM red...

#15 11 years ago

ACDC music < anything else ever.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think they are both "easy"....

Not sure I've heard anyone else refer to AC/DC as "easy".

What kind of scores are you putting up there big guy?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

ACDC music > anything else ever.

Fixed it.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

ACDC music < anything else ever.

There's a Bieber fan in our midst.

#19 11 years ago

Well I know Steve Ritchie and He would pick AC/DC hands down ! Although Spider man is a great game !

#20 11 years ago

I think Steve would pick ACDC. He's basically said so in the making of ACDC vid, but that could just be because it's newer and was trying to get people to buy them.

#21 11 years ago

The King would pick AC/DC. No question.

#22 11 years ago

Why choose? They are both FANTASTIC games! You can't go wrong either way.

#23 11 years ago

Why choose? They are both FANTASTIC games! You can't go wrong either way.

Exatcly!!!!

IMG_3040.JPGIMG_3040.JPG

#24 11 years ago

Does SR ever post on Pinside? He could clear this up himself.

#25 11 years ago

ACDC is the better game IMO. I do like SM alot. With ACDC like Smassa said too much randomness. The bell can be a ball drainer. That TNT target I'd like to kick to the curb sometimes. ACDC pisses me off but I love it. It's like that girlfriend that treats you like s*&() and then you have great makeup sex.

#26 11 years ago

Easy:

He would pick the one that made him the most $$$.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure I've heard anyone else refer to AC/DC as "easy".

What kind of scores are you putting up there big guy?

To me, unlike Lotr, Wpt, every shot is "easy", "not hard", the two ramp shots, bell shot, cannon shot, music jukebox shot.....like SM, while its "easy" its a blast to play....and like Smassa says the randomness of the bell hits, cannon shots and other random drains make it fun to play...

100 million is good for me right now, in process of figuring out how to score big, complete the songs, multiballs etc...a little flipper control and nudging goes a long way in this game!

A very addictive pin for sure!

#28 11 years ago

ACDC. I can't get into SM - had it in the lineup but it didn't last long.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

In my collection, stats on all players, games on factory:

Average game time Iron Man 3:08 (2.5 years of play)

Average game time AC/DC (premium) 4:01 (granted this has only been in the house a few days)

Both games are pretty brutal.

#30 11 years ago

I wish AC/DC played like SM.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

ACDC pisses me off but I love it. It's like that girlfriend that treats you like s*&() and then you have great makeup sex.

Best quote I have seen yet!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from rad:

ACDC. I can't get into SM - had it in the lineup but it didn't last long.

Same here!

#33 11 years ago

simple, somebody should ask him when they see him.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

simple, somebody should ask him when they see him.

Hmmm, still selling ACDC...he wouldn't pump the latest game that is still for sale would he? LOL!

#35 11 years ago

He's at TPF now, I wish somebody would ask but I doubt he'd give an honest answer or say he loves em both (which is probably more like the truth)...

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I wish AC/DC played like SM.

Wouldn't work as well with the way the rules are structured.

#37 11 years ago

If I were a salesman I would say whichever one was currently for sale. Since I have both I still think SM is my favorite.

#38 11 years ago

During his speech at TPF he was asked his favorite machine he has made and his favorites from other designers. AC/DC was his favorite of his and Spider-Man was never mentioned at all as he went down a list.
He loved Funhouse and Addams Family though.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

If I were a salesman I would say whichever one was currently for sale. Since I have both I still think SM is my favorite

Still liking NBA?....Mine should be showing up this week!

#40 11 years ago

I still believe SM is Steve's best work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-or-acdcwhat-would-ritchie-pick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.