• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What's the best game to own/play?

#2 11 years ago

I'd rank em MB, SM, TOTAN, CV myself.

#3 11 years ago

I liked SM waymore than TOTAN. For some reason, I just can't get into CV. So my rank is:

SM, MB, TOTAN, CV

#5 11 years ago

SM, TOTAN, MB, CV, IMHO. I am glad so many like MB and CV, because I have tried to like them but can not!

#6 11 years ago

SM, Totan, MB, CV
All killer games

#7 11 years ago

My rankings would be MB, SM, CV then TOTAN all kick ass games

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

My rankings would be MB, SM, CV then TOTAN all kick ass games

Same order for me...

#11 11 years ago

CV with the latest home roms is the game with the deepest ruleset and most features out of this lot. There are lots of ways to stack modes, lots of software options to tailor the game to your preferences, and a great wizard modes and an extra boss battle. The game is also very easy to follow because the inserts tell you almost everything you need to know. I hardly ever use a status check to see my progress. Many of unique toys and playfield features. I think it is one of the most underrated cabinets of all time and it's already ranked rather high.

MB is a great game though expensive. Tons of ways to tackle reaching the wizard modes. Lots of ways to stack modes. Lots of great multiball action. Some people get tired of the music but I play my MB usually listening to radio, audio books, or my own music. Tons of great lightshows on this cabinet. Outfitted with bright LEDs and played in the dark it is in my opinion one of the top three best looking games of all time.

TOTAN is not particularly deep. If you've got a large collection it is a great game. But you should be able to reach the wizard mode over and over and over if you're a solid player. Great artwork and sounds but shallow rules in my opinion. If you are more of a player than collector then go with any of the other three games.

SM is a great theme if you like Marvel. I'm not too familiar with the game to really comment on the depth as I've only played it a few dozen times. I've seen some incredible mods for this game. Certainly a looker.

#13 11 years ago

MB, SM, Totan (never played CV so can't say).

#14 11 years ago

SM
TOTAN
MB
CV

I like all of them except CV just can't get into that game for some reason.

#16 11 years ago

CV, MB, SM, TOTAN, but all are good games

#17 11 years ago

I havent played SM so

CV
MB
TOTAN

CV needs more love...it's one hell of a game

#18 11 years ago
#20 11 years ago
#21 11 years ago

All great! no answer needed! If I had all of them I would be in heaven!

#23 11 years ago
#24 11 years ago

I have owned all of them and still have SM and Cv,
I would rank them MB , CV , SM , TOTAN

#26 11 years ago

MB, CV, TOTAN, SM

I have not played enough games on SM with latest code so probably mis ranked.

#27 11 years ago

Does theme matter? They are all great pins. Id go with SM unless you could get the others at a really good price.

#28 11 years ago

1. SM
2. MB
3. CV
4. TOTAN

SM is the only one with a difficult to get to wizard mode. MB is much easier but is probably the most fun of the group. CV is beautiful & has some very cool stacking strategies & a great but somewhat easy to get to wizard mode. TOTAN is beautiful to look at but thats about it. The code leaves much to be desired.

#29 11 years ago

1. MB
2. SM
3. CV
4. TOTAN

As for my comments, I agree with everything smassa said above. For me the fun factor of MB slightly surpasses SM and it's very difficult to achieve wizard mode (that I only got to once while I owned it).

#30 11 years ago

it's simple. What have you played the most and like the most. It's not rocket science. All 4 are completely different. how big is your collection? That has a lot to do with it as well. How good of a player are you? One of those games you might burn through in about 2 hours and see everything it has to offer. Is that worth 5k + on a craps shoot? Play the hell out of all 4, then decide. Took take other peoples word for it, or you will be disappointed. Lot of these guys have crappy taste in games

#31 11 years ago

totan, cv, mb ,sm

#34 11 years ago

Ooops, wrong thread.

#35 11 years ago

as awesome as your avatar is, my list would be the direct opposite of yours.

#36 11 years ago

I've got all four and rank them based solely on fun factor:

1. MB
2. TOTAN
3. CV
4. SM

All four are Killer Games...can't go wrong with whatever your choice is.

#37 11 years ago

I have all 4 also, can't go wrong with any of them. Either choose the one that comes up for sale near you first, or the one that you can get in the nicest condition. Then get the other ones next time.

#38 11 years ago

Having just been able to play the last one of these four, I can now say which I like as I was missing vital info on one before.

1). Totan
2). MB
3). CV
4). SM

How ever, buying might be a different list, since over here, Totan cost a fortune.

#39 11 years ago

TotAN SM MB CV

#40 11 years ago

CV,MB,SM,TOTAN.

CV and MB I like equally. CV is more challenging. Both are really really awesome pins.
SM I have played a few games and thought it was good. I need to play further games.
TOTAN is just not my cup of tea. I am just not a fan of the theme.

2 weeks later
#41 11 years ago

you should really make a poll!

#42 11 years ago

Sm, mb / Totan tied, then CV.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 75.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-mb-cv-or-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.