12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Dirk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Has anyone bought a routed Spidey which has wear around the dock ock magnet?

Has anyone made an overlay for this area? Are there any other solutions to improve this area other than touching it up and clear coating?

Thanks

#2 12 years ago

PBL has a mylar overlay linked below. I put down a stealth protector from pinball pal there and in my home use environment it has worked flawlessly and is almost unrecognizable. No colored overlays that I know of though so I think painting and then covering it up after would be your best option.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1980&parent=0

#3 12 years ago

Thanks TDA,

But my machine has been worn down to the wood in a small patch above the magnet and below. What I was wondering was whether there is an overlay similar to the ones that I have seen for the sanctum area on The Shadow? Then I could put the clear overlay from PBL over the top, do they exist?

#4 12 years ago

Someone on pinside said that Staples sells Avery brand static cling clear sheets. I think something like that would work as well and is similar to stealth protectors. You can cut to the size you want.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Someone on pinside said that Staples sells Avery brand static cling clear sheets. I think something like that would work as well and is similar to stealth protectors. You can cut to the size you want.

Very good to know thanks DC. The thing I love about stealth protectors is there is no adhesive and they are super easy to take off if need be.

Quoted from roadshow16:

What I was wondering was whether there is an overlay similar to the ones that I have seen for the sanctum area on The Shadow?

No I have never seen anyone selling something like that myself.

#6 12 years ago

Perhaps pinball_customs could whip something up if he has a good quality scan. With SM being so expensive, a routed example will be what I'm after in the future.

#7 12 years ago

Would that Dr. Ock magnet protector work on the 2 magnets on Ironman? I would think so but double checking.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from roadshow16:

my machine has been worn down to the wood in a small patch above the magnet and below

Mine is exactly like that as well. I bought the PBL thing but never put it on as I figured the divets would mess it up.

Please post a picture of what you end up doing so I can shamelessly copy it. Thanks!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from TavaLee:

Would that Dr. Ock magnet protector work on the 2 magnets on Ironman? I would think so but double checking.

Only place I've seen that is at pinball pal below but I don't think they are filling orders the owner is recovering from a stroke. Scroll down to iron man magnet protectors. I would imagine the doc ock would work though as long as the magnet cores are the same size.

http://www.pinballpal.com/stealth/

#10 12 years ago

I need a decal as well my playfield is worn to to wood as well. A few years ago i placed a similar decal around the totan scoop and it looked really nice. I really hope someone could make it. I'm really bad wit paint so thats not an option at all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-magnet-wear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.