11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

Is the magnet top deformed? Mine was apparently mounted too high in the playfield. The ball would hop when going over it and exhibit the behavior you mention because it was somewhat domed from the wear. I pulled the magnet, ground the top flat, and remounted it flush to the pf. While it will occasionally not pop it into the hole, I get nowhere near as many bounce-back hops, flipper shots or weak shots to the hole than when it was domed.

#7 11 years ago

If you're going to look to take it apart, I would try to remove the core from the nut before buying a new core. There was no way i was going to get the core out of mine - and many have similar stories of trying to get them loose in the nut. Short of taking high and directed heat to it (others have without success) the core can be a real PIA to get loose. I ended up taking the whole assembly out and sanding it down - having to fit it into the pf periodically since I couldn't get it loose to adjust the position of the core.

If you can get yours out, buy a new one, fit it proper in the pf and be done with it. If you have to sand it, take your time and reduce grit levels as you get closer to level so as to get a polish to the top. It should be level with the pf to avoid wear to both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-magnet-question?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.