You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD idea.jpg
image-397.jpg
KOF.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not for me, it's the best flow pin I've ever played. And dropping to #11 behind a few of those other ranked above it, no way! It's becoming unloved and forgotten.
I stopped by Pinballz south on my way back from Austin yesterday and got to play the STLE again and sorry, but it's not even close. Bling it up, sure, play it, no wow factor for me, the mashed up tinfoil and Enterprise shot, over and over again, is disappointing.
I'll take Sandman, Venom and Doc Ock all day, every day.

SM is the best all around game Stern ever produced.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every time I play it, that's the feeling I'm left with, "best all around", and I own Lotr and Ac/dc
The ramp shots are butter smooth and the fastest flowing of any ramps.
The other thing that makes SM great is when you are in multi ball mode it's like no other when you get the ramp combos, loops, center shot, venom and Ock all going at once.
The shots feel like the perfect prototype pinball machine for me.

Yes. It doesn't have the best sound ever or best art or best toys or best theme, etc...but as a total package it is Stern's best.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wrath of Olympus is the new king of flow. Sorry guys, but SM is not even in the same league, esp due to the limited number of shots.

LOL!

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why?
Tron has excellent flow. There's nothing remotely wrong at all with mentioning Tron as one of the best flowing pins.
The only thing that ever stops the ball on Tron is the scoop.

And left loop to pops...

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not really.
The ball never stays in the pops on Tron more than a few seconds. And more often than not, the ball just goes straight through them and SDTM!

A couple of seconds = broken flow IMO. Same time as hitting the scoop and double flipping to get it back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-is-there-a-better-flow-pin-than-sm?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.