Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whoknowsgoi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TWD idea.jpg
image-397.jpg
KOF.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Please let me know if you come up with something, I removed the entire pop bumper and tried a few things but it needs a metal lane guide. I think it would put the flow of this pin over the top.

I've disabled the coil in the right pop but it still sends the ball into the other pops. I feel like the orbit shots should flow not hit the pops

#152 4 years ago

Between SM and ST I have to give the flow edge to ST.....for sure. I think both are great games though.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've disabled the coil in the right pop but it still sends the ball into the other pops. I feel like the orbit shots should flow not hit the pops

Not sure why you guys are having so much trouble over it, the tunnel shot, right loop/orbit is a screaming combo special which is much more "satisfying" than the "warp" shot on ST (sorry but it is), and if you hit the left loop/orbit cleanly you shouldn't be having pop issues other than the half second it takes to kick it randomly at a higher speed.

I'm afraid to even move my pin now as it feels set up just right.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure why you guys are having so much trouble over it, the tunnel shot, right loop/orbit is a screaming combo special which is much more "satisfying" than the "warp" shot on ST (sorry but it is), and if you hit the left loop/orbit cleanly you shouldn't be having pop issues other than the half second it takes to kick it randomly at a higher speed.
I'm afraid to even move my pin now as it feels set up just right.

It's not a trick of setting up the game. Many balls come around the left orbit and touch the right most pop bumper on the way out causing the pops to kick around the ball a while. I've had three machines in my house and they all do it regardless of leveling. It can be grossly unlevel the wrong way and it still happens.

#155 4 years ago

Yeah, markmon is right. Even with no pop at all, completely removed it hits the rubber by the ball eject/woodbury area. Its not a big deal and doesn't disrupt the flow very much at all but would be better if it was smooth transition back to the flippers. Maybe a modder could come up with something? It would leave the area where the pop was open for a cool zombie figure with lights or something. I don't see myself selling this pin, there is zero honeymoon phase its just too cool for that. I'm going to keep messing around with it.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, markmon is right. Even with no pop at all, completely removed it hits the rubber by the ball eject/woodbury area. Its not a big deal and doesn't disrupt the flow very much at all but would be better if it was smooth transition back to the flippers. Maybe a modder could come up with something? It would leave the area where the pop was open for a cool zombie figure with lights or something. I don't see myself selling this pin, there is zero honeymoon phase its just too cool for that. I'm going to keep messing around with it.

I've seen you bring up the lack of a honeymoon phase with this pin so many times now it now sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of it.

I get it, you like your new game A LOT. But its not the honeymoon phase, no way no how. AND STLE is still the best game EVER made, correct, even on its prior code revision?

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I've seen you bring up the lack of a honeymoon phase with this pin so many times now it now sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of it.
I get it, you like your new game A LOT. But its not the honeymoon phase, no way no how. AND STLE is still the best game EVER made, correct, even on its prior code revision?

What? I only bring up HMPhase because people keep telling me that's what it is, when I have been collecting pins long enough to understand the concept, I think your mad because of my Xmen dig, your still in a HMPhase with that clinker, otherwise you would have sold it by now. We were discussing the orbit shot on TWD what do you care? Go play Xmen.

#158 4 years ago

Sorry too early to be exchanging comments, still cranky but please I'm not trying justify anything, maybe you are?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? I only bring up HMPhase because people keep telling me that's what it is, when I have been collecting pins long enough to understand the concept, I think your mad because of my Xmen dig, your still in a HMPhase with that clinker, otherwise you would have sold it by now. We were discussing the orbit shot on TWD what do you care? Go play Xmen.

I like "discussing" things with you as you are the king of making crazy assumptions

I don't own an X-men (not the worst game ever by a longshot, and in my gameroom with two young kids it has a much better chance of showing up than TWD).

#160 4 years ago

I thought you were behind the lets fix the call outs in Xmen thread? Well discussion is over if Xmen has a better chance in your collection than TWD. I do apologize for being defensive, like I said too early for this. And its cold, need to shovel the god damn snow now. Later

#161 4 years ago

I should have looked at you're collection before I made a crazy assumption. You don't have anything listed?

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought you were behind the lets fix the call outs in Xmen thread? Well discussion is over if Xmen has a better chance in your collection than TWD. I do apologize for being defensive, like I said too early for this. And its cold, need to shovel the god damn snow now. Later

Fair enough, and my condolences on shovelling the snow. Since moving out to the west coast here it is not always warm (I just popped outside, for a minute an my fingers are still cold) BUT we did not get any snow YET this year.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I should have looked at you're collection before I made a crazy assumption. You don't have anything listed?

Yes partially my bad, partially me being lazy, partially me not wanting to list I have X many thousands in games.

Oh yeah, my newest acquisition is a SM, one of the reasons I clicked on this and have been following it

Is it the best flow ever? Maybe? Is it waaaay up there? Yes.

Ironically I think mine has a bit too much pop bumper action (given TWD discussion above about removing/bypassing a pop), but have not tried to fix this yet. Sometimes it seems to have the ball in the pops for ~10-15 seconds... (a relative rarity, but when it happens I hardly consider it MAX FLOW).

#164 4 years ago

This is irregular for Toronto now, usually hardly any snow till after Xmas. We got the tail end of whatever hit Buffalo which was brutal. Just to clear up I know you're and I've said HMPhase a lot but this pin really is unique, I've owned 70 or so over the years and played way more its just tough to explain. Anyway I get that its a little too much for young kids but hopefully one day you get a chance to own one and possibly relate to my enthusiasm.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This is irregular for Toronto now, usually hardly any snow till after Xmas. We got the tail end of whatever hit Buffalo which was brutal. Just to clear up I know you're and I've said HMPhase a lot but this pin really is unique, I've owned 70 or so over the years and played way more its just tough to explain. Anyway I get that its a little too much for young kids but hopefully one day you get a chance to own one and possibly relate to my enthusiasm.

Seconded! Like I said in my edited post above, I just got a SM and even that scared my just barely 3 year old at first. I am in no hurry to get every game now. I figure AC/DC and Metallica will be here in time... whether its 2 years, 5 years, 10 years... it does not matter.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes partially my bad, partially me being lazy, partially me not wanting to list I have X many thousands in games.
Oh yeah, my newest acquisition is a SM, one of the reasons I clicked on this and have been following it
Is it the best flow ever? Maybe? Is it waaaay up there? Yes.
Ironically I think mine has a bit too much pop bumper action (given TWD discussion above about removing/bypassing a pop), but have not tried to fix this yet. Sometimes it seems to have the ball in the pops for ~10-15 seconds... (a relative rarity, but when it happens I hardly consider it MAX FLOW).

You know sometimes I wish they would just leave pop bumpers out of the design all together. Would rather have zero bumpers and invest that $ into making everything else on the PF work 100%, add a little more bling etc.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You know sometimes I wish they would just leave pop bumpers out of the design all together. Would rather have zero bumpers and invest that $ into making everything else on the PF work 100%, add a little more bling etc.

Agreed for Stern games lately (last 10+ years? ).

Pop bumpers can actually add randomization and excitement, see my Atlantis, Paragon and almost working Flash Gordon

Or you can cage the ball and stand there while it bounces around before it finally comes out the single available exit. Whee

#168 4 years ago

JD...no pops in the game and you never miss them. Stern should definitely try that sometime.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside