Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whoknowsgoi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TWD idea.jpg
image-397.jpg
KOF.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

Not for me, it's the best flow pin I've ever played. And dropping to #11 behind a few of those other ranked above it, no way! It's becoming unloved and forgotten.

I stopped by Pinballz south on my way back from Austin yesterday and got to play the STLE again and sorry, but it's not even close. Bling it up, sure, play it, no wow factor for me, the mashed up tinfoil and Enterprise shot, over and over again, is disappointing.

I'll take Sandman, Venom and Doc Ock all day, every day.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not for me, it's the best flow pin I've ever played. And dropping to #11 behind a few of those other ranked above it, no way! It's becoming unloved and forgotten.
I stopped by Pinballz south on my way back from Austin yesterday and got to play the STLE again and sorry, but it's not even close. Bling it up, sure, play it, no wow factor for me, the mashed up tinfoil and Enterprise shot, over and over again, is disappointing.

Agreed, that I prefer SM over ST, but ST is a faster, better flowing game in my opinion.
Still, I think AFM is up there as well for speed and flow (though I still prefer SM), and ACDC is the king.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Agreed, that I prefer SM over ST, but ST is a faster, better flowing game in my opinion.
Still, I think AFM is up there as well for speed and flow (though I still prefer SM), and ACDC is the king.

I have Ac/dc and SM and have played ST enough now, but even though Ac/dc has the fun factor it doesn't come close to flow for me versus SM. ST is only "faster" with the underwhelming "warp ramp" that was derived from Venom!

Get a mutiball or two going on SM, no comparison imho.....

#4 4 years ago

STLE kicks SM ass.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

STLE kicks SM ass.

Negative Hasselhoff! Not even close Keep dreaming though

And your STTNG blows the new one away, all day!

#7 4 years ago

Sorry icepick but we must agree to disagree. I Love Star Trek mostly OG series but that makes it better for me, I did like the Spider Man cartoon from the 60's but didn't care for the films and just not a fan so yeah I would say both are great then theme dictates which one to own.

#8 4 years ago

I would say that TOM is the best flowing game I've played but that doesn't mean I would own it. I haven't had enough time on SM to really compare the two though.

#9 4 years ago

FullSizeRender.jpg

#10 4 years ago

And Ac/dc plays a huge second fiddle to SM....

#12 4 years ago

MM has the best flow next to SM, in my opinion.

I own both.

#13 4 years ago

I dunno, that's a tough call. I like SM a lot, and it's the game that got me to like Sterns back when it came out, but I really like STLE and think it just has more flow and action. Both great games though!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I dunno, that's a tough call. I like SM a lot, and it's the game that got me to like Sterns back when it came out, but I really like STLE and think it just has more flow and action. Both great games though!

I def respect your opinion Wizard with 36 pins, more action with STLE, maybe, flow though, man I just feel that SM flow, ST, plenty of time to react and think about what to do next imho....

#15 4 years ago

SM gets my vote for best flow also!-Joe

#16 4 years ago

Im jumping in on this as I have SM and STLE. SM is a GENIUS pin - flow, wow, there is flow, if you are a marksman you are getting spidy screaming as he flyies between the buildings - so fun! Keeping up with the missions are soooooo hard as one tends on focusing on beating the villians. Deep game, Jamison's shout outs have not gotten old for me after 2 years. Its beautiful to look at, the mods are great, how it is not in the top 10, I dont know. Ummm, ac/dc dont come CLOSE, there, I said it, and IM a working drummer... I love ac/dc the band, the pin is good, hell is meahhh, but SM, frackin' rulesssssss.

STLE... fassssssst. I love the VUK shot and the return to plunger lane shot. The update has made a Hugh difference and I love everything trek. Klingon multi-ball rules... Shout outs are better on SM, STLE is prettier, those LEDs, damn... Warp drive 3 times around+, feels so good

Both are great game, both are similar but different. They leave TZ, totan and ACDC in their dust. But I want tom, afm, mm and lotr. I wish I were rich. ok, enough wine (ing), lol...

Happy Friday everyone...

#17 4 years ago

I think the shots on STLE are a little easier to hit than SM, so someone that doesn't own the game might be able to work the flow easier on ST than SM.

both great though - love to own either.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And Ac/dc plays a huge second fiddle to SM....

You own WOZ and drink Coors Light.
Nuff said.

(I keed! I keed!)

#19 4 years ago

Star Trek may be faster than Spider Man. Spider Man is a better game, though. There's more to pinball than speed.

#20 4 years ago

I still say its theme, can't see what makes SM a better game than STLE outside the fact that you're a SM fan. I really enjoyed my time with SM but it didn't last that long, STLE isn't going anywhere.

#21 4 years ago

AFM was ripped off by SM and AFM>SM all day long.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

How do you figure? (The ripped off part)
I don't see it.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

SM is AFM (which is almost like MM) but with another ramp and flipper. STLE is the evolution of SM from the same great designer. Similarly, ACDC is the evolution of the T2 design.

#24 4 years ago

Love me some SM but smashin Green Goblin all day really takes the flow outta her

#25 4 years ago

Coors & WOZ = user ignored

#26 4 years ago

I think Demolition Man blows anything already mentioned out of the water if we're talking flow. The music and fallouts are nothing special, which really holds this game down in the rankings.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

MM has the best flow next to SM, in my opinion.
I own both.

thats comical....the castle is one of the biggest flow killers ever made. Fun but kills the flow of its earlier version AFM.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

thats comical....the castle is one of the biggest flow killers ever made. Fun but kills the flow of its earlier version AFM.

totally agree.

Quoted from PNBLWZD:

SM is AFM (which is almost like MM) but with another ramp and flipper.

which makes it not like afm. Adding another ramp and flipper is huge. It's a completely different game because of those additions. Further, the shape of the ramps are way smoother on spiderman than on AFM. Afm does have three ramps, btw, all hittable from lower flippers.

Spiderman has great flow. But Star Trek has better flow only because the ramps are wider so the shots are easier to hit. I think Spiderman is one of the greatest pinball games ever made though.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think spiderman is one of the greatest pinball games ever made though.

I think it should be in the top 5 if not top 3. This thread is making it harder for a trade Im planning for a LOTR LE, but what can I say, I completed SM and only have so much room in my gameroom for pins...

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

PNBLWZD said:

SM is AFM (which is almost like MM) but with another ramp and flipper.

which makes it not like afm.

Steve Ritchie himself stated that he made SpiderMan as an Homeage to Brian Eddy and AFM.

#31 4 years ago

No Fear has more flow.

ToM is the buttery smoothest.

#32 4 years ago

Star Trek is a better game that SM and I like the flow better because of the improved upper ramp shot that returns to the flipper. DM is also smooth as can be when it comes to flow.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Star Trek is a better game that SM

I like both, but that is a strong statement

#34 4 years ago

STLE ...............................sm

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

I like both, but that is a strong statement

I should have noted that I love both games. I just like ST a little better for game play, but the theme and bling on STLE put it well over the top.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Did you miss the "in my opinion" part?

So, do you really own two AC/DCs and two Iron Mans?

Now that's comical!

#37 4 years ago

Flow without a good ruleset = no flow. Sure, TOM^^ has a great flow setup but shooting the left orbit over and over isn't great flow.

^^ Love TOM's potential ... hope WPC 2.0 can fix this weakness.

#38 4 years ago

No Fear flows like water from a broken dam.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Did you miss the "in my opinion" part?
So, do you really own two AC/DCs and two Iron Mans?
Now that's comical!

Not if 2 are out making money.

#40 4 years ago

I've always have thought of WH2O as the best flowing game ever made.

I define flow as when shots are made, they lead straight back to the flippers for the next shot. In WH2O, just about every shot leads straight back to the flippers.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,

Tom

#41 4 years ago

yes Judge Dredd . four flipper goodness.

#42 4 years ago

I heard no fear has too much flow . Is it worth getting at a good price? I've never played one before.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No Fear flows like water from a broken dam.

KOF.jpg

#44 4 years ago

How about IM?
image-397.jpg

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

SM is the best all around game Stern ever produced.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

SM is the best all around game Stern ever produced.

Every time I play it, that's the feeling I'm left with, "best all around", and I own Lotr and Ac/dc

The ramp shots are butter smooth and the fastest flowing of any ramps.

The other thing that makes SM great is when you are in multi ball mode it's like no other when you get the ramp combos, loops, center shot, venom and Ock all going at once.

The shots feel like the perfect prototype pinball machine for me.

#47 4 years ago

\

#48 4 years ago

Agreed. I have owned SM for almost a year now. It is a great pin. When you get the ramp shots going in succession there is no better feeling. So smooth. The callouts are great as well when you get multiple ramp shots.

#49 4 years ago

SM >> STLE

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I have STLE and love the flow and High Speed. Would SM be another good pin to buy for one who likes this type of action and flow?

The ramps on SM seem to be engineered to max "butter flow" and speed. The whooshing sound is the best. The warp ramp is cool on ST but there is just no better combos when i can go to the loops and ramps at the same time on a MB and then hit a venom and have 5 more options again off of that shot.

The bling, light show and theme for some, is what carries ST, I'll take the game play on SM.

It's kind of like slingshotting around that first turn at Talladega speedway! And I've done that at 180 mph. Just shots that feel great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
Machine - For Sale
Suisun City, CA
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Heights, NJ
There are 169 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside