• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!cid_0814121909.jpg
!cid_0719121716.jpg

#1 11 years ago

IF YOUR USING INSERT LIGHT SOCKET wanted to post the pic i sent those who got the mod. the wiring pic i sent worked fine on mine. but i didnt run test. MARKMON on pinside pointed out its not useing the diode in the insert light socket. so it may cause ghosting. so to correct it you can move the black wire from mod to side ..i posted both pics. Great catch MARKMON. and thanks for pointing it out. any questions please ask. i will do the mod its 75.00 swapout(you send me yours) , check,mo,paypal gift or 85.00 paypal purchase(fees) that will include return shipping in US.

!cid_0719121716.jpg!cid_0719121716.jpg !cid_0814121909.jpg!cid_0814121909.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I was thinking maybe the best place to tie in the mod would be to the Doc Ock spotlight (#77 in the manual). That spotlight is triggered each time a Dock Ock mode is active and also during attract mode. If you tie into one of the inserts the mod does not necessarily relate to Dock Ock being an active mode.

#3 11 years ago

Should we now come up with an LED pumpkin bomb mod for the Green Goblin?

#4 11 years ago

My Doc Ock is headed Yr way 2-morrow BigLaw .... The Spotlight might be a Good Hook up point as well , Say-n that , you could wire it into any insert that has anything to do w/ Doc...

#5 11 years ago

Marco sells these toys. For those that don't want to strip one out of the machine, you can order one and send it to him

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Marco sells these toys. For those that don't want to strip one out of the machine, you can order one and send it to him

PBL also has the figure:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1023

#7 11 years ago

on another thread. some ask about the Doc Ock Pinball Decals Inc, is selling. no they are not mine. but i have bought several things from Joey his target decals are super. anyway figure and leds good price. i do wonder if wires are consealed or exposed on back of tenticals? no pic of back

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I was thinking maybe the best place to tie in the mod would be to the Doc Ock spotlight (#77 in the manual). That spotlight is triggered each time a Dock Ock mode is active and also during attract mode. If you tie into one of the inserts the mod does not necessarily relate to Dock Ock being an active mode.

I think this sounds like a great way to do it. Thank you for the suggestion

#9 11 years ago

Another option is to trigger the mod off Doc Ock's flasher using a PIG. Mine turned out great - thanks biglaw!

#10 11 years ago

Just an update on my end. I installed it as DCFAN suggested. Turned out really good. The LEDs are perfect - you can see they are lit but they are not blindingly bright. Thanks again biglaw

#11 11 years ago

Thanks.

Quoted from markmon:Just an update on my end. I installed it as DCFAN suggested. Turned out really good. The LEDs are perfect - you can see they are lit but they are not blindingly bright. Thanks again biglaw

Can you post some pics of the install to the spotlight (how you ran wire, connected, etc.)?

#12 11 years ago

I hooked mine up to the Doc Ock spot light.

The spot light hooks up under the pf right next to the upper flipper.
I stripped an additional 1/4 inch off of the connection wires on the mod.

The spot light has a double yellow wire that would be for the red connector...slip it down the pin into the connector.

The black wire goes down next the other wire.

Once both are in the connector and the leds are working I tie-strapped them to the original wires.

I also changed the clear spot light bulb to a red just liked it better.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Thanks.

Can you post some pics of the install to the spotlight (how you ran wire, connected, etc.)?

Yea. Hooked described it pretty well. I clipped a little of the plastic connector back and solder the wires from the mod onto the connector. It's all done under the PF.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks for the info!

#15 11 years ago

Here's a vid clip of it installed to the flasher with a PIG.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from chriskd:

Here's a vid clip of it installed to the flasher with a PIG.
» YouTube video

Came out great!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I hooked mine up to the Doc Ock spot light.
The spot light hooks up under the pf right next to the upper flipper.
I stripped an additional 1/4 inch off of the connection wires on the mod.
The spot light has a double yellow wire that would be for the red connector...slip it down the pin into the connector.
The black wire goes down next the other wire.
Once both are in the connector and the leds are working I tie-strapped them to the original wires.
I also changed the clear spot light bulb to a red just liked it better.

Hooked , Do you have yr SM Led'd out or did you use those colored Glass bulbs ?
I wanna see a Pict- w/ the Power On

#18 11 years ago

No leds for me on SM ...it would be a ton of money and you would loose some of the light show.
LED's are call I make game to game....some get it some dont but most get a mix.

#19 11 years ago

I want one. PM sent.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I want one. PM sent.

You Better Jumop Quick ,, After Labor Day , Biglaw will be on his New p/f sent from HEP

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You Better Jumop Quick ,, After Labor Day , Biglaw will be on his New p/f sent from HEP

I took my Doc Ock off my machine today. It is ready to mail as soon as I hear from Biglaw.

I also spent some time putting the Sandman Vs. SM plastic protector on my game. That was a real chore. Fortunately that plastic was not broken yet.

1 week later
#22 11 years ago

I got my Doc Ock back from Biglaw and was able to hook it up this morning. Thanks Biglaw. It looks great! The amount of light the LEDs produce is perfect and your attention to detail was that of an artist considering how small the tentacles are.

I connected mine to the Doc Ock spotlight. It comes on during attract mode, anytime you hit the Doc Ock optos or VUk, anytime a Doc Ock mode is initiated or active, and for short burst during special lighting effects such as extra ball call-outs (I think).

To connect to the spotlight, the best way is probably to locate the connector under the spotlight and skin the wire's covering off a little near the connector. Then solder the Dock Ock mod wires to the skinned areas and neatly wrap with electrical tape making sure not to have the two skinned wires contacting each other.

Thanks again Biglaw.

#23 11 years ago

I ended up hooking mine up to the Fusion Malfunction insert - I like how it stays lits after the mode is achieved and lights in attract mode. I am noticing a little bit of ghosting though...i do have the black wire shown as above, but do i want it to contact on both the left and right most areas or just on the right most diode? Currently, I think i just have the black wire making contact on the right most diode.

Thanks for the help!

#24 11 years ago

With the spotlight connection you do not have to worry about ghosting.

#25 11 years ago

fair point

#26 11 years ago

Thanks i never checked the voltage on the flasher. the resister in mod should handle up to 12 volts may burn up bulbs over that.seem to be doing ok for those who have hooked it up that way.just wanted to add i have received some that the rear insert threads in doc ock are out. it takes me 2 to 3 days to do mods.i try to keep 2 or 3 ready for swapout. if inserts are not in it i will do it and return that one. but it takes me a little longer to get it back to you. swapouts i try to put in mail as soon as i receive payment and figure.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Should we now come up with an LED pumpkin bomb mod for the Green Goblin?

Someone make it so!

#28 11 years ago

Alright, I made the plunge and hooked it up to the spotlight (couldn't take the ghosting)...WOW, that is definitely the best so far! Great suggestion DCFAN - thank you for the instructions as well, worked very well!

#29 11 years ago

DCFAN could you put a pic of spot light connection for others that may want to do it that way Thanks Allen

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

DCFAN could you put a pic of spot light connection for others that may want to do it that way Thanks Allen

Please do DC if possible as it would be a big help to us planning to do it soon.

#31 11 years ago

I can try to post some tomorrow as well if DC doesn't get a chance.

#32 11 years ago

I have to go out for a few days and will have to wait until Saturday to post any pictures. Jyeakley, if you could do it that would be great. I think Markmon may have also hooked it up to the spotlight.

I actually carefully put the wires into the connector and soldered into the connector, but it is difficult and may lead to a poor connection. It is probably better to just shave a little of the insulation off and solder directly wire to wire.

I played the game some tonight with the mod and it is really nice when connected with the spotlight. the LED brightness is just right and they do not ghost or strobe at all.

For the pumpkin bomb, my idea would be to find a green goblin toy that had pumpkin bombs and take one of bombs off that figure and put green or yellow LED's in it by drilling and then gluing the bomb to the right hand of the goblin. The tough part would be how to run the wires down the figure and taking into consideration that the figure rattles back and forth.

#33 11 years ago

I just got mine in tonight, I hooked it up to the spotlight and it looks great, I just pushed the wires into the connectors for now. I would like to order the connectors and make a splitter cable for it so you could remove it if you needed to. I also have a red LED in the spot so it gives a red glow look and feel to it.

Biglaw great job on the Mod it looks great in there.

#34 11 years ago

I would make a splitter also.
Looks great from the front. How noticable are the wires? Are the wires run thru the tentacles somehow or behind them?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Looks great from the front. How noticable are the wires? Are the wires run thru the tentacles somehow or behind them?

Biglaw is drilling through the tentacles. The wires are inside. It is a very professional looking mod.

#36 11 years ago

Thanks. I have been wanting this mod for a while but didn't like the thought of seeing the wires. I will send mine out in a few weeks after my next Pin Party.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Pictures are on bottom of page below:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-any-must-have-mods/page/2

#38 11 years ago

Thanks. Nice and clean. Are the tentacles hollow?

I just realized I need a Cliffy for Doc Oc now too.

1 week later
#39 11 years ago

i have 2 doc ocks ready. i can sell out right for 156.00 each paypal if someone wants them. that includes shipping

#40 11 years ago

after these just doing swapouts

#41 11 years ago

only have 1 left

1 week later
#42 11 years ago

Biglaw...do you still have a doc ock left?

#43 11 years ago

After jayhawk - if you have another

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-doc-ock-mod-wiring-biglaw-those-who-have-bought-please-read and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.