• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by toolbox195
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello,
I've been restoring a Data East Star Wars machine (my first) and rebuilt the right flipper using a flipper assembly kit. When I first start the machine, the right flipper is not as responsive as it should be. I hit the flipper button and it takes a second before it flips or I press the flipper button and it flips twice very quickly. But, after a couple games, it warms up and behaves normally.

I've put new fuses and transistors in the flipper board, added a new coil for that flipper, added a new flipper button switch, and added an illuminated flipper button.

Any ideas? Feel free to point me to older threads. I did look, but didn't see anything directly related.

#2 1 year ago

I'd swap left and right flipper button leaf blade switches. See if problem moves. I suspect the right one where the contacts are, aren't making good contact with the blade. And a few presses of the flipper button fixes it.

If so, peen it on better or solder the contact to the blade.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I'll give that a try. I've thought about just replacing the right leaf blade switch. The contacts on it were really close together when I got it and the layers of it were loose. The biggest blade even moved during play...which seemed like it shouldn't happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside