New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 87582)

Slugfest worth $1500?

By jrivelli

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Blitzburgh99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, a guy has a slugfest locally for $1500. Looks to be in good shape. He claims it has the topper and cards.

I have been trying to find one, and missed out on many non-local to me for sub 1k in decent condition. Is this game really commanding $1,500 these days? I called the guy and of course he gave me the whole story about how much all DMD games are worth blah blah and pointed me towards ebay list prices, of course.

Anyways, thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Nope....

If it is truly mint and you REALLY want a Slugfest, sure. Still mostly a sub 1k game for a decent one.

#3 6 years ago

Agree with Ralph. I don't think it is worth it. It would have to be 100% perfect restore and I would have to REALLY be desperate to find a Slugfest... and even then I'm not sure I could pay that much for one. I doubt he will sell it for anything close to that.

#4 6 years ago

No 800-1200 unless its PERFECT and you have to have one.

#5 6 years ago

Great game. Our family really enjoys it. Probably the best baseball game, playing wise, out there.

It really is a two player game for the most part. Single player is not much fun.

If the card dispenser works, you will be the biggest hit ever with neighborhood kids.

$1500 is a real stretch, but time is money.

#6 6 years ago

in the northeast they sell from 600-800 - fun fun game - just not a good seller - thanks ed

#7 6 years ago

One didn't sell at MGC for 800

#8 6 years ago

Mine had a rough cab but great everything else -- sold for $775 minus the topper just a couple months ago

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

One didn't sell at MGC for 800

That one was on consignment, as I offered $700 for it, and he said he needed to get $800 (although it had an OBO on there, so not sure what the OBO meant if he wasn't going lower than his advertised price).

#10 6 years ago

In short, no.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Mine had a rough cab but great everything else -- sold for $775 minus the topper just a couple months ago

I would have liked to have grabbed that one Director but didn't have the scratch....may be looking for one at Allentown

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That one was on consignment, as I offered $700 for it, and he said he needed to get $800 (although it had an OBO on there, so not sure what the OBO meant if he wasn't going lower than his advertised price).

Or Buy Other...LOL.

I'm surprised when people do this. If you want $800, put $800 FIRM, on it. Otherwise, you're just tease...

#13 6 years ago

No but if you want it buy it

#14 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys! I was always thinking $700-1200 ish game, just depending. Im cool with buying and selling for same price or losing a hundred etc, but not $500

#15 6 years ago

wait him out it's not gonna sell at that price so just keep giving him your price eventually he will have to come around or he will lower it to within reason.if these are not easy to come by close I still say if you want it go over and wave some cash around.good luck !!!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

wait him out it's not gonna sell at that price so just keep giving him your price eventually he will have to come around or he will lower it to within reason.if these are not easy to come by close I still say if you want it go over and wave some cash around.good luck !!!

Ha, yeah I don't think he is a cash waving guy. He seemed upset I told him I'd give a standing offer of $1000 and no rush. It has been on CL for 10 days and I said i'd keep the standing offer, but no pressure to sell today. He seemed to get upset and blow me off, oh well!

#17 6 years ago

I saw one at a show this weekend priced at 2500. I was laughing my ass off.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Ha, yeah I don't think he is a cash waving guy. He seemed upset I told him I'd give a standing offer of $100 and no rush. It has been on CL for 10 days and I said i'd keep the standing offer, but no pressure to sell today. He seemed to get upset and blow me off, oh well!

IDE be pissed to if you offered me 100 bucks lol you must break him.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

IDE be pissed to if you offered me 100 bucks lol you must break him.

Meant 1000, lol oops!

1 month later
#20 6 years ago

Any updates on this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Alameda, CA
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flint, MI
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
1,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan Township, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.50
$ 17.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,200.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside