Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170515_210641 (resized).jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

Having the same issue. Found one of the two screws that hold the ramp hinge to the bottom of the play field fell out and the other was loose. I noticed the one screw had a washer between the plastic hinge and the play field where it mounts. Replaced the other screw with a washer tucked between the play field and the plastic hinge.

The washers there make the flap hinge lower, and therefore the ramp angle is steeper when being pushed up. Now I can hit the ball in to the bleacher occasionally.

1 year later
#17 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I wonder if I could fill the hole(s) in the rotating part with something just enough that the opto's will allow it to rotate just a little more?

No, it rotates 360 degrees, and should be stopping on the peak of the cam, to hold the ramp up.

More likely your bat needs a rebuild. It should hit the ball hard enough, so that it often makes a bang when it hits the back wall if the pitch and bat are working.

9 months later
#26 6 years ago
Quoted from bumgahdna:

I had this problem. I simply turned the motor underneath by hand a tad and it seemed to do the trick!

Each time the motor turns to raise and lower the ramp, it will return to where the opto is located, so that is not a fix, unless your motor is disconnected.

Putting washers between ramp hinge and underside of the playfield works well to make the ramp a little steeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-ramp-does-not-go-high-enough-to-make-home-runs?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.