(Topic ID: 100620)

Slugfest Pitching Error - Opto not working

By brg126

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brg126.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have fixed a bunch of issues on this machine and I have it almost 100% working save this one issue that has me stumped. I am fairly new to pinball repair in general, and have learned a lot on this game, just one final thing to fix that I am hoping to get some help with.

Fixed issues so far:
Replaced the DMD driver board and the DMD works
Found a wire pulled out in the back, fixed an issue with a column of switches being out.
Replaced the original opto board with a GLM board, solved ramp opto problem.

The ramp opto works just as it should now, and the LED's light up as they should on the opto board, and the ramp functions great in game.

The pitching opto is still not working though. I replaced the opto sensors, and confirmed light is coming out of the emitter (using an iPhone front camera). The opto board shows both LED's as on (as if the light is being sensed by the receiver) however it is like this when the receiver is not facing the emitter at all. Basically the board shows IR light is being sensed when no IR light should be getting sensed at all. Any thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brg126.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-pitching-error-opto-not-working?tu=brg126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.