• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150519_080757.jpg
image.jpg
$_58.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

I traded my Slugfest, but still have a few boxes of cards.

That blue package pictured above looks like the one I spent too much money to buy with the claim it was an original SF card refill set. I think I still have it and never used it if anyone's interested in buying.

I later discovered the term "vending cards" and found much cheaper boxes of compatible cards from the late 80s on eBay.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here's the cards. The Topps are too glossy and screw with the eye in the machine mistakenly sending a "stuck card" signal and ending the deal out cycle. Remember to always load them picture facing the back of the machine. Love my slugfest. I went to look at a car being sold by a body shop and somehow I buy a slugfest out of his office for $250

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I knew there was a reason the blue pack looked familiar.

I have both.

The Topps ones worked fine for me. They have a matte side that is supposed to face the roller. I don't know whether or not the original ones had a glossy side, but maybe they didn't. I think it's just an opto sensor that detects if a card has dropped. Can a glossy surface interfere with that?

20150519_080757.jpg20150519_080757.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-original-baseball-cards?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.