Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dejavu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just got a project Slugfest and can't find much info or a manual. The pitch almost every time veers to the right and is unhittable. There is a slight warp to the playfield, but it isn't too bad. If I just roll the ball manually it's pretty straight. I even tried compensating for it by putting it out of level, doesn't help. is there a way to center the pitch?

#2 9 years ago

bump

#3 9 years ago

No idea? I guess I gotta take this thing apart. I really wish there was a downloadable manual.

#4 9 years ago

I just picked up a slugfest myself, good price but it needs a little work (DMD not working). ill be fixing it up myself so it should be fun.

I read somewhere that is uses magnets to change the pitches btu I am honestly not sure, might want to start there.

#5 9 years ago

Shredso, if you are testing the pitch during a 1 player game...the machine will randomly choose the pitch to throw regardless which pitch button you select. That may be the reason you are witnessing such a random pitch...its part of the strategy of the game.

You could play a 2 player game, then each fastball should head straight across the plate.

When I picked up my Slugfest, the buttons were wired wrong causing curve balls instead of fast balls...I wouldn't rule out that possibility...or something similar.

Finally, you could always disconnect the magnet under the playfield and test the pitch, that would rule out everything except a playfield needing a level.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

Shredso, if you are testing the pitch during a 1 player game...the machine will randomly choose the pitch to throw regardless which pitch button you select. That may be the reason you are witnessing such a random pitch...its part of the strategy.

I've owned Slugfest for 3 years, and I didn't know this! Thanks!

#7 9 years ago

I tested in the test menu. 75% of the balls veer to the right no matter what the scenario. I will try disabling the magnet to rule it out but 'm pretty sure it's mechanical. There is a "V" shaped guide that looks like it's designed to hug the hole. I'm not sure if the next part should overlap, or underlap, this is where pictures or a manual would come in handy. The way it came when I got it, the swinging arm mech prevents the guide from hugging the edges. I'll add some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks.

#8 9 years ago

I took it apart and bent the "V" a little outward and also below the pitching mech. It was above it, I'm pretty sure that is why the pitches weren't going straight. It's working pretty good now, but a ball does occasionally get stuck mid pitch. If anyone could take a picture of the pitching mech from a couple angles that would be great.

5 years later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I took it apart and bent the "V" a little outward and also below the pitching mech. It was above it, I'm pretty sure that is why the pitches weren't going straight. It's working pretty good now, but a ball does occasionally get stuck mid pitch. If anyone could take a picture of the pitching mech from a couple angles that would be great.

Ok so I had a similar problem, as in a ball would be pitched and the next ball inline would get stuck, I installed the pitching damper flap assist from macro specialties and took care of the problem, I used two dampers. Also maybe you can help me out, how are the pitches supposed to look for each pitch? Under the test menu my magnet does have power but my pitches all go down the middle I’m not sure what it could be or how the magnet is supposed to react, oh wow just read this was 5 years ago whelp

9 months later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just got a project Slugfest and can't find much info or a manual. The pitch almost every time veers to the right and is unhittable. There is a slight warp to the playfield, but it isn't too bad. If I just roll the ball manually it's pretty straight. I even tried compensating for it by putting it out of level, doesn't help. is there a way to center the pitch?

FYI: I know this is an old thread but if one is looking for Slugfest Manual here it is on IPDB:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/3281/Williams_1991_SlugFest_First_Model_Operations_Manual_April_1991_with_paginated_schematics.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-how-to-adjust-angle-of-pitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.