Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

In need of help diagnosing an issue I’m having with my Slugfest.
The second I swing the bat regardless if it hits a target switch or not, it calls a strike. Likewise, if I don’t swing the bat it will call a ball
It happens with all four pitches, however much less frequently with changeup switch and screwball. And almost every time with fastball and curveball.
I have replaced the strike trough switch thinking that was it, no change. I tried swapping power driver board, also CPU board… with known good boards. No Change!
I looked over the wiring harness, and all looks good.
I also tested all the switches in test mode, and everything checks out A-Okay
Lastly, I looked through the 18 pages! Of Slugfest club posts and nothing matching my issue.
Very perplexed and could use some help!

#2 4 years ago

To keep eliminating things. I'd go into Tests - Switch Edge, and bang on cabinet and playfield. See if vibration sets of any switches it shouldn't.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Thanks LGT... Just tried it, no switches would trigger. I couldn't even get the slam-tilt switched to trigger. and I bounced the crap out of it!

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from WILLARD79:

Just tried it, no switches would trigger.

Maybe a matrix issue. If you take the glass off and try every switch by hand or with a ball, do they report correctly or report multiple switch hits or incorrect switch hits? All the panel buttons OK?

Remember there are optos for the 3 homerun switches in the grand stands. The drain switch also. The pitch mech also has optos, etc.

#5 4 years ago

Sounds like a problem with the opto in the trough behind the bat. Test using the test after switch edges because optos are normally closed. When you put the game in switch edges test you should see all the optos as closed, advance to the next test and see if the front trough switch is bouncing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.