Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200522-181910 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200522-181916 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I have an issue with my slugfest where it doesn't throw curve or screw balls. When I throw either pitch, it just throws a slow pitch with no movement. The magnet works fine in test mode, but doesn't activate during the game. I attached some images of the circuit in question. Q80 is the transistor that controls the magnet. U5 is the chip that is connected to those transistors. I have tested the U5 chip and it seems to test fine, and do the associated transistors, resistors, and diodes in the circuit. Any ideas of where to look to fix this?

Screenshot_20200522-181910 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200522-181910 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200522-181916 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200522-181916 (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

So I checked this out, and the magnet does activate on these pitches, but it seems to activate too late. Any thoughts on what could cause this?

#3 3 years ago

Well, this is turning in to me chronicling how I fixed this problem. Attached to the arm that spins and kicks a ball is a black disk. That disc interrupts an opto switch briefly after a ball is pitched. In my case, it was activating the switch too late. I taped a piece of cardboard to the disk to make it interrupt the optos sooner to test what would happen if the opto switch were interrupted sooner, and it worked! Ball curves like a charm. Now I just need to figure out a permanent adjustment.

#4 3 years ago

Interesting, thanks for the update. I get curves about 50% of the time. Replaced damn near everything on the mech and board. Going to have to give this a try

#5 3 years ago

Thank you for documenting this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-curve-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.