IMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

I bought replacement buttons from Marco on a Slugfest I did some work on recently and they all fit fine and worked/looked great. Looked the same that was in there? The only one I didn' tlike was the player two button, the little men were not centred on the insert.

As far as the removal of the CPO, like dirtbag66 said, quite a pain but with GooGone I got it cleaned up pretty well, actually used a metal paint scrapper along with googone.

#32 5 years ago

Mad-Amusements doesn't have a very good name around these parts, they wouldn't take any form of payment from me that protected me as the buyer and after reading everything I did on them I decided to pass on the better deal and buy from a more reputable source.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The only issue I had was that some of the switches had the housing key 180 degrees off, so I had to disassemble the switch and rotate the insert so it read correctly.
Robert

That's right, I forgot I had to do that too!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I was thinking about painting the legs white and adding baseball stiching to them. Anyone els have any mod ideas???? I pick my slugfest up on monday!! Cant wait to post pics for u guys.

Someone swapped their bat button with what I believe was a milled piece of wood to look like a bat... I've also seen one with custom side art of the cubs that had the baseball and red stitching look you are talking about. Other mods I've seen are lighting under the two large plastics at the front and I think I saw someone do stadium lighting. Prior to selling mine I was considering doing some pinblades for it to fill out the crowd. I thought it would have looked pretty neat having the sides look like a continuation of the stands. Other than that I think the ultimate thing to do would be ColourDMD... oh... I also swapped out the cards next to the DMD with local players.

Edit: I was wrong about the side art, it is just the blue and white pinstripes of the Cubs home uniform... check this thread for the bat mod https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-mod

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Slugfest is just good fun.
Sometimes my pitches all have curve to them. Not always, but sometimes even throwing a change up will act like a curve. What would cause that to happen randomly?

Are you talking single player? If you are playing single player all pitches are random regardless of the button you push.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've been thinking of adding inside art to my Slugfest, so I made a paper prototype today.
It does add a little something to the game, those are large empty open side panels on Slugfest.
Not sure if I'll print it out yet. Any comments?
Robert

When I owned one I had the same thoughts... though I was looking into hiring an artist to draw in more fans with the same style as those found in the bleacher plastics. I find the difference in styles between what you've mocked up and the artwork on the game to be too different to be honest. I'm on side with the thought though entirely.

I also considered trying to track down the artist for the game to see if he/she was up for drawing some more and then crowd sourcing the project but I ended up moving the game along before taking it too far. This is a game that can only demand so much money and it would have taken an investment I would never have gotten back out of it if I took it any further.

#91 5 years ago

Same thing was done here in this thread... ‭

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-restoration#post-3295178

Best looking Slugfest I’ve seen here... love the clearcoated sideart!

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks Bob....I was mainly thinking about repainting the inside side walls of the cabinet...theres a few minor scratches, but not too bad

I took the top panel off mine to get colour matched, the colour on the bottom side should be protected from the elements and get your a "true" match. The paint store had a little difficulty getting the 3/4" ply to fit in their scanner but they figured something out.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Was working on my Slugfest card dispenser today...everything seems to operate properly. Was wondering if anyone has a source for baseball cards that work in the machine? Apparently they can't be glossy (per a youtube video)...also I'm missing the bottom chute was hoping someone out there knows where to locate one.

I’ve seen a set of cards show up on eBay from time to time did you check there? Never mind... I just did... ebay.com link: 0 If you’re local to me I’ve got a bunch of the right vintage you’re welcome to. Don’t see your local posted.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

how much T-molding is required for slugfest? would 20ft be enough?

I bought 25' and I had 5'+ left so I'd say you'd be good with 20'. Though I do think you should order a couple of extra feet, I didn't like how I cut a length running to the leg and was glad I had extra to redo it.

1 month later
#234 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just installed the colorDmd....it looks great...

Would love to see a video of it in a game if you have a chance. I didn't own a slugfest for long but would have liked to have played it with a ColorDMD in it. One game that has enough stop and go action that you can actually appreciate more of the animations on it.

#239 5 years ago

I was able to get all the residue of my old CP with goo gone and a metal Paint scrapper, they I think the sound of using a razor blade would be the way to go. I didn't use heat to remove and I installed it dry. The CP I bought from PPS fit perfectly and wrapped around both sides to hold staples. It looked amazing. I contemplated filling the gap, but ultimately left it alone.

1 week later
#304 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi All You Slugfester's,
I finally received some new Topps Baseball Cards from 1990 and loaded up the hopper. This thing works great spits them out just like it is supposed to. I thought I had a line on the buttons however looks like MAD Amusements won't ship to Canada and Marco has no stock. Does anyone know an alternate supplier??

I wouldn’t trust MAD even if they did ship to Canada after everything I’ve read about them... they offered to ship to me but only if I paid in a manor that offered me no protection against a seller known to rip people off. I think marco will get more inventory eventually so just keep an eye out, when I first got my SF they didn’t have all the buttons but within a couple of months they were all back in stock.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have bought several items from Mad Amusement over time and I have had zero issues with getting my stuff.
You get no ship notices or tracking numbers sent to your email, but stuff does show up in for me in about a week.
I know there is a long thread somewhere about issues to Europe, but I don't think many people in the lower 48 have had issues.
I recently sent a Slugfest CP overlay to Canada via Fedex. He even gave me a shipping account number so I didn't have to pay anything. But it still took nearly 1/2 hour at the Fedex counter to get all the paperwork filled out and the item shipped. I can see why Mad doesn't want to ship to Canada, too much time to ship, plus the shipping costs are pretty high.
Robert

Somewhere?

How about here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-mad-amusements

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-scam-or-not

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements

The effort to ship internationally clearly isn’t the issue here. You do seem to trivialize the carnage this seller has left in his wake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.