798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider projektpat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1410 1 year ago

Joining this club this weekend. Picking up Saturday. Just wondering, is there a trusted source for replacement cabinet art? This one is very faded. I found one place that sells them but they're pretty expensive and I can't find anything about their quality.

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Welcome! Slugfest is a must-have if looking for variety. I have pinball, arcade, foosball, and a slot machine as well. Slugfest and foosball are currently my kids favorites.
[quoted image]

Nice! I have a Monopoly, a starship troopers, a neo Geo cab and soon to be slugfest!

#1416 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get a replacement netting of maybe a way to smooth it out? Mine is warped as hell

#1420 1 year ago

I've read that putting it in boiling water can reinvigorate old brittle plastics?

#1421 1 year ago

This thing is a bitch to work on

4 weeks later
#1423 1 year ago

How do I pull the playfield up on this thing? It won't budge!

I've got an issue where sometimes after playing a few innings strikes will stop registering and there will be a long delay and it just counts everything as a foul. My machine is giving me a switch #52 error. It seems to work just fine though, maybe it's sticking? Is this a thing that happens? Maybe some wd40?

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

there's a couple of latches under the playfield that hold it to the sides of the cabinet. kind of like a modern stern. There's one set for the control panel, and another for the playfield.

Ah ok, beautiful. Any insight on the switch in question?

2 months later
#1445 1 year ago

This is maddening. I've spent hours looking. Is there a place where you can get control panel button switches without the buttons themselves? Just the switch?

#1447 1 year ago

can't seem to find one with the lightbulb attachment like this uses

#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

Just joined the club. Are toppers available anywhere? Vendors seem to be out of stock. I would be interested in a used, NOS or reproduction. Also might be looking for a baseball card dispenser and tray. Thanks
[quoted image]

From what I've seen the card dispenser and tray you're only going to get used once in a blue moon and it's going to cost you 500-1000 dollars

#1458 1 year ago

I'm at a loss here. My game has not been registering strikes, just balls and takes 10 seconds, common issue when strike trough is no good. Game is telling me to check the switch for the strike trough. I replaced the switch. Everything works fine in the switch test, it registers the new switch every time I push it but the game itself still isn't registering the strikes. The game is unplayable like this. Any ideas?

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

So it appears I dodged a bullet in regards to the card dispenser. I had asked the seller if the game still had it and he said no it’s not in the game anymore and there was a plate blocking it off. Just unloaded it into the garage and opened it up. Low and behold it looks like it’s all there hopefully!!
Just needs the baseball card chute and a new decal for the dispenser face plate plus the topper!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Just wow. This post encouraged me to do the same thing and

PXL_20230215_125524659 (resized).jpgPXL_20230215_125524659 (resized).jpg
#1460 1 year ago

The dispenser works I just need to take everything apart and clean it and grease it. The wire pulley thing that keeps the cards tight in there got undone when I was screwing around with it and now is tangled so that's going to be fun but other than that it seems to work fine, I've dispensed a few cards manually with the switch. My wife says the guy who sold it to me gave me the chute in case I ever found the dispenser so I need to find that and I just basically found $500+ sitting in the cabinet.

#1461 1 year ago

So basically everything is in working order I just need to figure out how to tighten this metal string now because it got loosened.

PXL_20230215_131711072 (resized).jpgPXL_20230215_131711072 (resized).jpg
#1462 1 year ago

all is fully functional now. Just need a hopper for the cards and some new o rings for the motor but it works if I push on the cards real hard. I guess this is a psa for anyone with a slugfest to crack it open and make sure there's no dispenser in there. Mine was just covered up by a black plate.

#1465 1 year ago

If anyone is familiar with the dispenser some help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got everything on mine working and it dispenses cards fine. The issue is it dispenses like 1-2 cards and then gives an error that there's only 2 cards left regardless of how many are in there. Any ideas?

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

check the menu setting for “cards until empty”

Says 80. Idk what the setting does though

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Gives the operator a heads up that the game needs a card refill.

Yeah I realize that lol but there's a lot more than 2 cards in there.

#1471 1 year ago

This is the error I'm getting every time it dispenses a card.

PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpgPXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg
#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from BR80:

Check the switch under the carriage, it triggers the low indicator light on the front if you have one.
Also, try cleaning the optos with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs (these are for stuck cards).
[quoted image]
Here is the size for the O-Rings:
[quoted image]
And be sure to load the cards facing backwards.
The O-rings won't grab the wax covered front correctly (it's buried in the manual somewhere).

Yeah I replaced the o rings it dispenses cards fine. The switch works fine, I've tested it in the menu. That being said it I've tested it both with a lot of cards so the switch isn't triggered and with only a few cards so the switch is triggered and it's the same result each time. As far as the optos go they might be dead. I'm not getting any kind of reading from them at all in the switch test menu but I don't think thats the issue because the cards aren't getting stuck.

#1474 1 year ago

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may very well be the optos because it dispenses that one card and then says dispenser error. I think I was looking into that "cards left: 1" too much. I think maybe it thinks the cards are stuck.

#1476 1 year ago

It was the opto switch. It seems like they aren't lined up or something when they are fully tightened. Strangely enough loosening the screws a bit for each side of the opto made it work fine. The dispenser now works perfectly. My wife and I got some blank playing cards and we're going to make some interesting games out of this.

2 months later
#1489 10 months ago

How the hell do you install bulbs in the buttons on this game? I just spent an hour screwing around with my player 2 button. Modern comet LEDs are too big to snap the button in all the way. The leds I have with no bulb on them seem to be too small and loose and just fall out. WTF how is this so complicated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider projektpat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=projektpat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.