IMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 weeks later
#1127 2 years ago

Working on a project Slugfest. The green/red wire that daisy chains off the door switch is loose. Does this plug into the interconnect board? The white/red wire above it goes to the door switch (need to solder back on).

Also, none of the three switches on my card dispenser work in switch test. The red LED on the card dispenser board is lit.

6A71E6B9-6474-460F-A237-5408A1EA78BD (resized).jpeg6A71E6B9-6474-460F-A237-5408A1EA78BD (resized).jpeg

#1133 2 years ago

There it is! J6 on the interconnect board is where the green/red wire goes. Awesome. Thank you so much!

1 week later
#1135 2 years ago

Anyone adjust the height of the home run ramp? I played 9 innings last night with a friend and not one ball made it into the bleachers. All fly balls either hit the plastic with the people sticker (too low) OR hit the glass. Is there a trick to dialing in this ramp?

3 weeks later
#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Never actually seen one in person until I was loading this one. Heavier and bigger then I would have thought....pretty nice snag for 1400 Cdn.....about a grand US.
[quoted image]

Nice! I haven't seen one that cheap here in the states any condition for 2+ years (I realize you are in Canada). Nice score!

2 months later
#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Common problem. Assuming the assembly hasn't worked loose and everything is tightened up I found that the cam wears down over time enough to prevent the ball from obtaining the correct launch angle. It's hard to visually detect. I went ahead and replaced the cam with a new one from Marco and restored the long ball to my game. Now the problem is fans keep throwing home run balls back!

Is this the "cam" you are referring to?

cam (resized).PNGcam (resized).PNG
#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I went ahead and ordered a new cam for the home run ramp. The one on it looks fine but I think the holes must just be misaligned because I spent so much time trying to line it up. I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue with a poor quality repro cam? It looked like it was brand new.

Good question. Where did you order your cam? I just ordered the one pictured in my post above from Marco to hopefully to fix what some say is a ramp angle issue caused by a worn cam (my home runs either hit the bleachers or the glass 9/10 times and rarely go into the bleachers which makes gameplay reallllly lame.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ok so I fixed this. The opto receiver was bad and I think my replacement.was faulty because replacing it worked. To fix the heigh I just used some gorilla tape and closed the long hole a bit in each side. The hole is just cut crappy so you can't get full height.

Where did you buy your cam? Do you think it’s a fault of the repro part?

#1190 2 years ago

My card dispenser is really hard to slide out. Looking at the bottom, there is a black plate/lip catching on the 4 gold colored screws on the dispenser. Should this black metal tab/lip be flat? The screws catch on it so I have to lift up the card dispenser as much as I can when sliding it out.

DCCB3EBE-EA83-46C2-8281-FCCF97311711 (resized).jpegDCCB3EBE-EA83-46C2-8281-FCCF97311711 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

My card dispenser is really hard to slide out. Looking at the bottom, there is a black plate/lip catching on the 4 gold colored screws on the dispenser. Should this black metal tab/lip be flat? The screws catch on it so I have to lift up the card dispenser as much as I can when sliding it out.
[quoted image]

Bump - anyone able to see what their card dispenser latch area looks like underneath?

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Here is the photo. It's just a metal plate with a 90 degree bend in it. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! And the screws on the bottom of your card dispenser don’t catch on it? I wonder if mine has the wrong screws?

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I think screws should not be in that location. Mine does not. That card dispenser can not slide over those screws

hmm, you don’t have those brass looking screws I show in post #1190?

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Can you take another photo ? Your photo is upside down and it's difficult to determine why those screws are there.

Let me know if this is a better angle. There are 4 of these hex screws - 2 on each side of the card dispenser hole (where card falls through). These catch on that black metal flap when sliding dispenser in and out.

IMG_0236 (resized).jpgIMG_0236 (resized).jpg
#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Now I understand what's going on. I just lift up on the dispenser so the screws do not hit that steel flap. Mine has those screws.

Gotcha - I may try hitting that plate the screws go into with a hammer a bit to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help!

3 weeks later
#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Joined the club today. Got in cheap but it needs a lot of work. Will need new mpu. Optional mods shortly will be new decals, new t mounding and and led lights.
[quoted image]

Mine also needed a new MPU. I went with the new one from Weebly for $150 shipped. T-molding I found at my local MicroCenter for $10 for 25 feet. Good luck!

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from ritch12345:

Does anyone else think that 7 degrees is too steep for Slugfest? To make the playfield 7 degrees the back legs are extended fully. Seems like that can't be right. If all four are set the same the game still plays it just takes a little longer for the ball to drain. It is not a pinball machine so I just don't get the theory. The ramp angle and bat is what will determine if the ball will make it into the bleachers or not. Not the angle of the entire machine. Thoughts?

Are you using 2" or 3" leg levelers? Also curious about optimal angle.

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from ritch12345:

All 4 legs have 3" feet.
It is silly keep that steep angle unless someone can tell me why.

Page 16 of the manual states "approximately 7 degrees".

incline (resized).PNGincline (resized).PNG
1 month later
#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Yeah, once you have a group of people over, that’s when the game really gets some action

Exactly. I like Golden Tee solo, but way better with friends, just like foosball.

3 months later
#1312 2 years ago

You also have the topper for it! Is this an LED strip?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So found in the history of this thread another pinsider with the same problem. He adjusted the cam and all good. I flipped the cam 180 degrees and now getting curve action. .

Flipped the cam over, or spun it 180 degrees? (cutout would now be opposite side from the opto in your picture)

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I looked at Marco. No luck now. Can you post a pick of yours? I was thinking, I may need to build one.

Look at post #407 and following posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/9

1 month later
#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from Jcpdriver:

I am a newbie at this and looking for advice. I picked up my first machine (Slugfest) about 6 months ago and have had a blast playing it with no issues. I knew being an older machine I would sooner or later probably have some learning to do so here we go.
Issue is that the player one button lights up but does not do anything when pushed. Also Willie Bonilla (far right player when playing) will not register when hit. Game just says “foul ball.” All other players work fine. It looks like from the switch matrix that both hose are on the same row (7;orange-violet) but not sure where to go from there or if I’m starting down the wrong path.
Appreciate anyones feedback and experience. Thank you!

Welcome! Go into switch test mode via coin door buttons and try pushing on each button, one at a time. Do you see a switch closure when you press player 1 button? How about when you push in Willie Bonilla? If the answer is no, check for broken/disconnected wires. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

The switches you have out are in both the cabinet and on the playfield. If they are all out it's probably a board issue. Maybe post a picture of the bottom of the MPU board and the battery area.

OR possible it's a broken wire if a whole row or column of switches is not working as they typically daisy chain together.

#1350 1 year ago

Also, re-seat this ribbon cable connector at J211...

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.21.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.21.58 AM (resized).png
4 weeks later
#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

PinGraffix is having a Memorial Day Sale this weekend - 20% off.
I have these - they look great.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/slug-fest-williams[quoted image]

Ordered - thanks for the code!

#1361 1 year ago

For those who have the Color DMD for their Slugfest, do you feel it was worth it? I've always questioned whether there are enough animations to make it worth the upgrade to color. Curious to hear thoughts - if you have it, would you upgrade to color DMD if you did it over again?

#1366 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I’m very biased since I did the coloring for the title! The original Slugfest DMD had almost no detail - the runners were just solid orange.
It was fun to color and challenging to figure out how to color the scoreboard since it shows up in so many variations. I think the ColorDMD adds a lot to the machine and really makes it look more modern. But again, I’m biased. Go back to post #1089 for a link to ColorDMD Trailer on YouTube [quoted image][quoted image]

I love your work and it was nothing against the quality of the dots - only the quantity of animations in the game. I'll re-visit the trailer. Thanks!

#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just joined the club and I have a pesky string of GI that won’t light.
It’s the lower row of the infield GI toward the front of the game.
Interestingly enough the upper row works fine, and if I reverse the orientation of the plug the lower does too, meaning it’s not the bulbs.
I checked the GI connections in the backbox and they seem fine. Any ideas?

Have you checked continuity in the wiring? Sounds like half your plug isn't getting power, but you can confirm with a DMM. I'd then check power at the pins on the board the feeds that plug power to isolate if it's a wiring or board issue.

3 weeks later
#1374 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Well, I should have gone taller rather than wider with the trial figure. It does look like I could put it right on top of the home run a bit in front of the edge of the DMD sign and put a taller figure in the back. But I will have to try a tall figure next.
The batting figures mid swing and the pitching figures I’m wondering if they will be too wide too, but I’ll keep trying.
[quoted image]
Update: I take it back, this could work well by just putting it at an angle. I’ll play with it, I need some kind of a platform as that ledge angles downward.

Add a bunch of white LED's in a line from the pitcher to the catcher and have it run in a sequence pattern during attract mode like those old school neon signs

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from Rnett3737:

I just picked up a #SlugFest and had a few questions. How do you customize the team names? Are there other customization options? One animation sequence on my dmd is scrambled. I can’t tell what it is supposed to say. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

Download the operations manual for free here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3281

Page 52 (in the Utilities Menu)

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.15.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.15.21 PM (resized).png
2 months later
#1391 1 year ago

Is there a way to diffuse these lights and stop the reflection on the DMD? These are the bulbs behind home plate.

D8EC7F60-10FD-4059-A422-F51E038A97F3 (resized).jpegD8EC7F60-10FD-4059-A422-F51E038A97F3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1393 1 year ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

You could try something like this but it's a pain getting to the display on slugfest
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0115-00

Hmm...I have a bent plastic guard, so there is no DMD reflection onto the playfield glass. It's the playfield lights shining directly at the DMD display that's the issue. Maybe this would diffuse those lights...not sure

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

What about, has anyone done something to diffuse the lights that are supposed to highlight the player targets? I feel like they glare onto the playfield too much!

Sounds like someone needs to create and sell a total anti-glare kit for Slugfest . It has lights shining differently (areas/angles) than pinball machines.

1 week later
#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

In my case I found the ramp cam had worn down over the years and the ramp was not being pushed up all the way. Purchased a new ramp cam from Marco and that solved the problem of the ball not reaching the bleachers. Never found a fix for the ball bouncing off the bleacher mesh and back. I figure they are Wrigley Field bleacher fans throwing home run balls back.

I need to film a game to see where all the bounce backs are coming from. I think it's the mesh net or possibly the wrong playfield pitch. I only get homeruns about 1 or 2 out of 10. Pretty sure they are well over the bleacher plastic.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Joining this club this weekend. Picking up Saturday. Just wondering, is there a trusted source for replacement cabinet art? This one is very faded. I found one place that sells them but they're pretty expensive and I can't find anything about their quality.

Welcome! Slugfest is a must-have if looking for variety. I have pinball, arcade, foosball, and a slot machine as well. Slugfest and foosball are currently my kids favorites.

game room (resized).jpeggame room (resized).jpeg
#1412 1 year ago

Anyone know how to get the "new posts" section to be a link like other threads? When there are new posts, there is no link/text next to the "+" sign, like there is on other favorited threads I follow.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.53.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.53.38 AM (resized).png
#1414 1 year ago

Just noticed my game is missing the side brackets that hold the bleachers/players from sliding forward. Anyone know what this part is called?

50E94B6B-FC96-4B34-8196-A30010579A35 (resized).jpeg50E94B6B-FC96-4B34-8196-A30010579A35 (resized).jpeg
#1415 1 year ago

How do y’all get your netting so straight?

7CD3EC14-0431-46D9-9906-46BB44307048 (resized).jpeg7CD3EC14-0431-46D9-9906-46BB44307048 (resized).jpeg
#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Anyone know where to get a replacement netting of maybe a way to smooth it out? Mine is warped as hell

I thought you were referring to my net in the post above yours

4 weeks later
#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

How do I pull the playfield up on this thing? It won't budge!
I've got an issue where sometimes after playing a few innings strikes will stop registering and there will be a long delay and it just counts everything as a foul. My machine is giving me a switch #52 error. It seems to work just fine though, maybe it's sticking? Is this a thing that happens? Maybe some wd40?

NO WD-40 on anything. It will just gum up over time. If the switch is going bad, better to replace with a new one.

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Can anyone point me to how to rebuild the batting system? I feel like the whole thing is just gummed up and not moving freely.... Any advice on how to "restore" the bat to work properly would be greatly appreciated! If you happen to be in the Saint Louis area, I am open to paying someone to visit to do this, and a few really minor repairs on some pins. Thanks!!!

Where's Vid? This repair guide should be a sticky post in this thread - as I'm sure most of use have scanned through 29 pages trying to piece this together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=midcoastsurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.