798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#691 4 years ago

Great seller, I'm local to him and got games and parts from him before. I was tempted to save this one but the cabinet was long gone.

1 year later
#962 3 years ago

VERY excited to be joining the club tonight (assuming all looks good)! Is there anything I should know about moving one of these? Anything to remove besides the cards from the dispenser (or do you need to?) and the balls (how do you actually get the balls out of this thing)? Can't wait to get this game home and set-up.

3 weeks later
#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thinking of picking one up. I've heard transport is hard(er than a standard pin) because the head doesn't fold out. But I see many happily riding around in SUVs in this thread. So is the solution just to take the top cowl with the speakers off? Is this attached by bolts?
thanks.

Quoted from mdeslaur:

Yes, two bolts, two cables to unplug, and it comes off.

Very easy to get the top off and reattach. A few other things to consider as I just brought mine home a few weeks ago. This thing is HEAVY. I don't know how, but it's heavier than a regular WPC game, and mostly on the head side. Not sure how you plan to move it, but be ready. If there is a card catcher, you'll want to take that off too so it can sit flat on a dolly and in your car.

1 month later
#1039 3 years ago

Random rules question that I've been curious about - is there some criteria that raises the ramp during game play (aside from the pinch hit)? I've been trying to pay attention to what happens when the ramp raises for a shot at a home run but I'm not noticing any patterns. Is it just random?

1 week later
#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Look in the manual. There are settings for when and how often the ramp rises. I know it comes up when the heckler is teasing you and a possible grand slam is at stake.

Can you point me to where you are looking? I know the ramp comes up for the grand slam. It seems to raise at other times during the game but I don't know what is triggering it. Nothing is jumping out at me in the manual...

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Pretty sure default is to lift when the bases are loaded. I never steal unless I can't fill the bases.

It raises for the grand slam opportunity for sure. The ramp is raising at other times during the game as well and those are the times I'm trying to follow what triggers it or if it is truly random. Not a huge deal but I've been very curious about this ha.

2 months later
#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So long time lurker, first time question. Started have an intermittent issue. At times after a bit it will record and out it it will just give a single to the batter out of nowhere. I looked inside to check connectors and found this wire loose, think it may have been spliced to the red wires but not sure. Any help would appreciated.
[quoted image]

Does it actually pitch the ball? I forget what it gives you exactly (ball, out, etc), but if you let the game sit long enough during a game eventually it will start pitching periodically to progress the game to the end. That may be a setting too...not sure if this is what you are describing...

3 months later
#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Does anyone know what size the lock is on the Slugfest Card Dispenser? Also, any ideas where to get the bent latch piece?[quoted image]

Are you missing the lock entirely or just changing it out? If you're just changing it, just reuse the latch piece.

1 week later
#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Never actually seen one in person until I was loading this one. Heavier and bigger then I would have thought....pretty nice snag for 1400 Cdn.....about a grand US.
[quoted image]

Super fun game and getting harder to find under 2K these days. They are shockingly heavy ha!

1 week later
#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

For those of you that have card dispensers, where are you buying unwaxed cards?

Flea markets are a pretty good source of fun cards, lots of bulk sports cards but alot of the fun movie/music/TV cards that they were printing in the 90s. Since you're an Ohio guy, Jamie's or Rogers are both great spots.

1 month later
#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

been a while since I had to move mine but I have to move it to a new location this weekend. I cannot remember if I have to remove the balls first or if they will stay in place during the break down and move?

They will stay put...at least they did when I moved mine...

3 weeks later
#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are you playing on 1 or 2 player?
To my knowledge...
1 player is novelty where the ball will be affected by the magnet on almost every pitch,
2 player mode the pitches will be correct according to the pitch button that is pressed

Correct, on 1 player no matter what button you press you get a random pitch. I believe there may be a way to change that in the settings but would need to pull the manual.

2 months later
#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

I'm having trouble with the switch matrix and any response would be helpful. I'm down to this being my last issue in getting the game fully operational. Onto the issue. The issue stems with the 3rd row of the switch matrix. First, when I got the machine, the card dispenser machine was not hooked up. I since the hooked it up and my changeup pitch button had died. Subsequently all switches on that row went out. Dispense Prize, Target Panel 3L and the Right Bleacher Opto.
I started testing continuity between a few points on the white - orange wire with no luck. Most recently, I detached the card dispenser and the 3rd row of the switch matrix became operational with the exception of the dispense prize switch.
Could I be looking at a faulty card dispenser board (A-14633)? Or just continue testing continuity of the wires to that point?
A bit more advanced, but learned a lot with this game so far!

There is a bundle of wires behind the dispenser and it is real easy to get them caught or pinched when opening and closing that drawer. Any chance you just caught a wire and its shorting out to the dispenser?

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Strong chance. The wires are exposed where it slides back and forth. It's on my list to check for continuity after work.

I'd start there for sure if there is exposed wire, odds are good its shorting to the card dispenser itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.