798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 5 years ago

Slugfest is just good fun.

Sometimes my pitches all have curve to them. Not always, but sometimes even throwing a change up will act like a curve. What would cause that to happen randomly?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Are you talking single player? If you are playing single player all pitches are random regardless of the button you push.

Happened during two player mode the other day.

1 week later
#99 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I no longer own a Slugfest, but here's a pic showing the stadium lighting I did on my recent Slugfest. Really makes the playfield pop, gives nice even lighting and goes with the baseball theme.

Details? Looks great.

1 month later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow they just came out with a color DMD for SlugFest....yes pricey relative to what the game is worth, but u can always remove and use on another game...ordered mine today

I may have to wait and see a video of this one.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

its a great drinking with the buddies game. its only 2 players and a full nine innings, sometimes can end up being a long game. But as far as pitch and bats go, this one is hands down the best. its not very fun to play by yourself, but I have a blast quick pitching my drunk buddies! and the boo button never gets old lol. I'm not a kid but I still squeal with joy everytime I get a baseball card. This is the pin that all the non-pinball
people that come over want to play.

I set mine to 5 innings

#220 5 years ago

Any video yet of the color dmd?

#269 5 years ago

That's cool.

2 months later
#394 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I just picked up my Slugfest on Friday. It has a few issues compared to my last one.
First, it sometimes will fire two balls, so either the pitching arm is going around more than one revolution, or two balls are making it into the launch lane at the same time. It doesn't look like it could be the later, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Second, the home run ramp launches the ball too low most of the time. My first game if you hit the ball on that ramp, it was going to fly into one of the bins. On this game, it hits the crowd plastic probably 75 percent of the time.
Any ideas of things to look for would be appreciated.

Mine would always hit the plastic just below the home run area. I blocked a little bit of the opto holes so the mech would rotate just a bit more, making the ramp stop in a slightly higher position.

1 month later
#459 5 years ago

I frequently have the magnate effecting all pitches. Tried new balls. Made sure it is on two player so I know what pitch it is.

1 year later
#827 4 years ago

Is there a setting to make it harder to steal a base? It's pretty darn hard to throw out a runner.

3 weeks later
#840 4 years ago

I recently NVRAM'd my game and am trying to go through settings and set it up how I want.

I have it set to four innings, but at the end of each inning, it says game over and I have to hit the two-player button to continue. What setting turns that off?

Is there a way to make stealing harder? I see a setting for liberal steals, but I'm not sure what that means for gameplay.

5 months later
#924 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Joined the club today! Play ball!!!
First thing I had to do was figure out the language settings. It was in French! This thing is fully working, no battery damage, I’m good to go! I need to see where level is on this thing, ball can’t get up the ramp and out of the park.
[quoted image]

Did I just find my doppleganger?
Excuse my sweaty head.

met (resized).jpgmet (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#947 3 years ago

What would cause the changeup pitch to act like a screwball? Doesn't always happen.

4 months later
#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

A few things:
1) If you've been trying to get the ball over the fence with no luck and haven't changed your bat linkage with the oblong slot, do it. I went through all the washer, tape on the spindle, jacking the back of the game up, with little success. Replaced the linkage, bang, she's out of here.
2) A few months ago I was looking for help on the last group of lights I just couldn't seem to get to come on, those behind the facade and the 2 shining down on the baseball cards. Did this that and the other thing everyone recommended on here & facebook, to no available. Finally came back yesterday for another go. Voltage to all sockets, so I decided to hook up a test socket. It lit with one side clipped to the incoming line and the other to the ground in the head. None of the 12 lit. Turns out everyone of those 12 need the sockets fiddled with, even though I'd put LEDs in months ago. Still have the jumper to the ground, otherwise they don't work, though they do seem to be functioning properly this way. Shutting off during the anthem and coming back after. Am I looking for a smoke show if I leave things this way?
3) How much T-Molding do I need to order to redo this machine?

Link to this oblong linkage part?

2 weeks later
#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone swapped out the batteries for the nvram? If so might you have a picture of where it goes?
Thanks!

My friend NVRAM'd my game recently. I'll see if I can get a pic.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

I have since learned the proper term is "bat drive arm assembly".
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-4690

Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.