798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AntennaMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#751 4 years ago

I'm in. 788 miles round trip and I have one. Batter up.

1 month later
#783 4 years ago

I've been having the ball not clearing the fence issue too. I just tried a few wraps of gorilla tape around the spindle on the underside of the ramp the cam pushes on. I figured is the cam had worn down a bit, a tape wrap would do the trick. The ramp now doesn't sit flush with the play field, but the ball still hits the wall.

1 week later
#788 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Curious if you found a solution?
For those that have applied the electrical tape fix to the cam, how much of each slot did you block with the tape? I'm having a bitch of a time trying to solve this damn ramp issue. I applied the washers fix to the ramp flap but it's not enough. I guess I'll keep tooling around with it but likely need to do the tape thing on the cam. I ordered a new cam but there isn't wear on the one that's in there

I have not. The Gorilla tape appears to have too much texture, so the cam catches. Having removed the tape, the cam doesn't stop at its high point. I'm now looking at the bat mech again. Never having seen a Slugfest until I got mine a few weeks ago, I'm not sure how much, if any, "slop" should be in the linkage. Should it be tight or sloppy? Anyone?

#791 4 years ago

Decided to take a break from futtsing with the ramp and put in LEDs. 2/3 of the lights were out to start, but now I'm down to 1/3. In the outfield, in each of the 3 light strips, the middle light on each strip is out. One the base paths to 1st, 2nd & 3rd, the middle light is out. All the lights between 3rd & Home are out. Lastly the 2 rows of lights behind the panel behind Homeplate, the top row is fine, but all of the bottom row is out. Haven't shuffled things around yet to get behind the machine to check fuses or anything yet. Anyone know if these are all connected and if so, where? Thanks.

1 month later
#824 4 years ago

Besides the issue with the ball not clearing the fence, I think I only have one issue outstanding; I can't get the lights in the backbox to come on, both the ones behind the translight and the couple hanging down to light the cards on each side of the dmd. The wires are wht/org & org. The connector is J120, which I've redone and the other lights, the homerun ones, on the same connector, work fine. Manual shows pin 8, which tracks to Q10, a triac, BT138e. I've checked continuity, no problems. Do you think it's this triac or am I missing something? If it is the triac, any idea where to find one or a few or what a substitute is, as I can't find the original?

9 months later
#1051 3 years ago

A few things:

1) If you've been trying to get the ball over the fence with no luck and haven't changed your bat linkage with the oblong slot, do it. I went through all the washer, tape on the spindle, jacking the back of the game up, with little success. Replaced the linkage, bang, she's out of here.

2) A few months ago I was looking for help on the last group of lights I just couldn't seem to get to come on, those behind the facade and the 2 shining down on the baseball cards. Did this that and the other thing everyone recommended on here & facebook, to no available. Finally came back yesterday for another go. Voltage to all sockets, so I decided to hook up a test socket. It lit with one side clipped to the incoming line and the other to the ground in the head. None of the 12 lit. Turns out everyone of those 12 need the sockets fiddled with, even though I'd put LEDs in months ago. Still have the jumper to the ground, otherwise they don't work, though they do seem to be functioning properly this way. Shutting off during the anthem and coming back after. Am I looking for a smoke show if I leave things this way?

3) How much T-Molding do I need to order to redo this machine?

1 month later
#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Link to this oblong linkage part?

I have since learned the proper term is "bat drive arm assembly".

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-4690

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AntennaMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone?tu=AntennaMan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.