798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi All You Slugfester's,
I finally received some new Topps Baseball Cards from 1990 and loaded up the hopper. This thing works great spits them out just like it is supposed to. I thought I had a line on the buttons however looks like MAD Amusements won't ship to Canada and Marco has no stock. Does anyone know an alternate supplier??

Can you buy off of eBay? Not sure if they ship to Canada or not, but its worth a try.

ebay.com link: Williams Slugfest Baseball Pinball Machine OEM Button Set Free Shipping New

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Can you buy off of eBay? Not sure if they ship to Canada or not, but its worth a try.
ebay.com link » Williams Slugfest Baseball Pinball Machine Oem Button Set Free Shipping New

thanks for the tip but alas they do not ship to Canada -ugh

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

thanks for the tip but alas they do not ship to Canada -ugh

That blows...maybe if u have a buddy in the states have them buy and ship it to you?

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi All You Slugfester's,
I finally received some new Topps Baseball Cards from 1990 and loaded up the hopper. This thing works great spits them out just like it is supposed to. I thought I had a line on the buttons however looks like MAD Amusements won't ship to Canada and Marco has no stock. Does anyone know an alternate supplier??

I wouldn’t trust MAD even if they did ship to Canada after everything I’ve read about them... they offered to ship to me but only if I paid in a manor that offered me no protection against a seller known to rip people off. I think marco will get more inventory eventually so just keep an eye out, when I first got my SF they didn’t have all the buttons but within a couple of months they were all back in stock.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

wouldn’t trust MAD even if they did ship to Canada after everything I’ve read about them

I have bought several items from Mad Amusement over time and I have had zero issues with getting my stuff.

You get no ship notices or tracking numbers sent to your email, but stuff does show up in for me in about a week.

I know there is a long thread somewhere about issues to Europe, but I don't think many people in the lower 48 have had issues.

I recently sent a Slugfest CP overlay to Canada via Fedex. He even gave me a shipping account number so I didn't have to pay anything. But it still took nearly 1/2 hour at the Fedex counter to get all the paperwork filled out and the item shipped. I can see why Mad doesn't want to ship to Canada, too much time to ship, plus the shipping costs are pretty high.

Robert

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

thanks for the tip but alas they do not ship to Canada

I'll get them and ship them to Canada for you if you want.

I would expect though that there will be probably $20 (us) minimum in total shipping costs.

Let me know.

Robert

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I can see why Mad doesn't want to ship to Canada, too much time to ship,

LOL, yea he NEVER ships internationally but will gladly accept all international orders and pocket the funds.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have bought several items from Mad Amusement over time and I have had zero issues with getting my stuff.
You get no ship notices or tracking numbers sent to your email, but stuff does show up in for me in about a week.
I know there is a long thread somewhere about issues to Europe, but I don't think many people in the lower 48 have had issues.
I recently sent a Slugfest CP overlay to Canada via Fedex. He even gave me a shipping account number so I didn't have to pay anything. But it still took nearly 1/2 hour at the Fedex counter to get all the paperwork filled out and the item shipped. I can see why Mad doesn't want to ship to Canada, too much time to ship, plus the shipping costs are pretty high.
Robert

Somewhere?

How about here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheated-by-mad-amusements-mad-amusements

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-mad-amusements

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-scam-or-not

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you

Or here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements

The effort to ship internationally clearly isn’t the issue here. You do seem to trivialize the carnage this seller has left in his wake.

#309 5 years ago

I've used mad a few times with no problems.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The effort to ship internationally clearly isn’t the issue here. You do seem to trivialize the carnage this seller has left in his wake.

What is your point, to undermine MAD amusement or to prove you can use google?

There are unhappy people with every company for some reason or the other.

I'm interested in why you are posting here, you have no background story , no general stories in your profile and no Slugfest pinball in your collection.

This is a thread about Slugfest Pinball.

Robert

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

thought I had a line on the buttons however looks like MAD Amusements won't ship

I've have spoken to Dave and I'm going to get the buttons from MAD and send them to him...there are no problems in the Slugfest Club, only solutions!

Robert

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've have spoken to Dave and I'm going to get the buttons from MAD and send them to him...there are no problems in the Slugfest Club, only solutions!
Robert

I like your though process - nothing negative only solutions and helping our fellow pinball enthusiasts!! Much Appreciated

#313 5 years ago

I ordered from Mad at least 12 times over the years and never had an issue, though I live in the US.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Good stuff here. A pinsider here to help.

#315 5 years ago

A sketch of where the keys should be on the control panel buttons.

Robert

Switch Key Locations (resized).jpgSwitch Key Locations (resized).jpg

#316 5 years ago

Finally got some money out of UPS ground for the damage to my game!

Robert

Check (resized).jpgCheck (resized).jpg

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Needs a bit of work but solid machine.

Did you ever get around to installing the CP overlay I sent you?

Robert

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Did you ever get around to installing the CP overlay I sent you?
Robert

Going to install all at once when I get the buttons - only want to rip the CP apart one time so I hopefully dont cross any wires lol

#319 5 years ago

I was contacted by Mad Amusements over the weekend about the issue of some control panel buttons having the keying set incorrectly.

I sent them the sketch I made and they emailed me today saying that they have gone into their stock and corrected what they have to match my sketch.

All should be good with the remaining CP buttons keying from Mad Amusements.

Robert

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've have spoken to Dave and I'm going to get the buttons from MAD and send them to him

New buttons are on the way to Dave via Fedex...

Robert

#321 5 years ago

I have a spare Control Panel Overlay; if anyone is interested PM me.

Robert

IMG_20180812_091134 (resized).jpgIMG_20180812_091134 (resized).jpg

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Good stuff here. A pinsider here to help.

I want to say a special thanks to Robert for helping me out with the parts I needed for my Slugfest - Just received my CP buttons - much appreciated

Thanks again Bob!!!

#323 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing more Slugfest games with a LED ColorDMD. Still trying to make time to get my project working, but it will have to wait until November as I am working on games for the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo in Oct.

#324 5 years ago

Where in the settings can you adjust the game to stop at 9 innings? My game just keeps going to 11,12,13,etc.. innings

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where in the settings can you adjust the game to stop at 9 innings? My game just keeps going to 11,12,13,etc.. innings

are they tied games?

#326 5 years ago

Hi all,

Pinball/game room newbie here. Wanting to possibly add this game and saw it local. Currently have skee ball, darts, super Chex pro, and dynamo air hockey. I do love the team/party games.

Thoughts on price? Doing some research here and elaewheee, this sounds a bit high. But, again, I’m a noob

He says “worth a lot more” but that sounds like BS because if so why wouldn’t he sell it for more?!?!

Anything else I should check out in person if I go further on this? Things you might’ve wish you knew before buying?

Thanks in advance!

4B79633A-65F8-4273-BCE5-F0DD08D401C3 (resized).png4B79633A-65F8-4273-BCE5-F0DD08D401C3 (resized).png50FF9DC2-C713-47BF-AE6A-570405487539 (resized).png50FF9DC2-C713-47BF-AE6A-570405487539 (resized).pngACDA24DA-61BF-48CF-9110-507267842721 (resized).pngACDA24DA-61BF-48CF-9110-507267842721 (resized).pngD079D122-8388-4A5A-ADEC-A1061D860D68 (resized).pngD079D122-8388-4A5A-ADEC-A1061D860D68 (resized).png
#327 5 years ago

$1500-$1700 I feel is on the high side at the current prices with faded cabinet decals. I could add NVRAM to the MPU board for you to get rid of batteries. Need to inspect that MPU to be sure there is no current battery damage to the board.

#328 5 years ago

Its a really simple game to inspect....to give u a data point (in California) I paid $1650 for my Slug Fest a few months ago. The game had all new LED's, new DMD, all the plastics were in great shape, and everything was working properly. That being said it needed a new control panel overlay (which I replaced), red trim was faded (I replaced), and the decals are pretty faded. It also needed to be shopped, which I did .....after fixing everything, I have about $2K into mine....great family game...

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

$1500-$1700 I feel is on the high side at the current prices with faded cabinet decals. I could add NVRAM to the MPU board for you to get rid of batteries. Need to inspect that MPU to be sure there is no current battery damage to the board.

Thanks for the price thoughts.

Can you explain in noob talk ”NVRAM to the MPU board for you to get rid of batteries. Need to inspect that MPU to be sure there is no current battery damage to the board?”

I have 0 knowledge/skills in this area.

Is this a common problem with three machines? Battery Damage? What do the batteries do for this machine?

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

Can you explain in noob talk ”NVRAM to the MPU board for you to get rid of batteries. Need to inspect that MPU to be sure there is no current battery damage to the board?”
I have 0 knowledge/skills in this area.
Is this a common problem with three machines? Battery Damage? What do the batteries do for this machine?

Depends on the alkaline batteries themselves, if they leak sooner or later. You could go with Lithium batteries. I choose not to continuously throw batteries away, so I go with NVRAM. On WPC games, such as Slugfest, it will require desolder of the old RAM and solder in an IC socket to get rid of batteries. https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

Yes, it is a common problem as most alkaline batteries will leak, sometimes even before their expiration date, especially if they are made in China. The batteries or NVRAM keep settings and high scores in the game.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

Can you explain in noob talk ”NVRAM to the MPU board for you to get rid of batteries. Need to inspect that MPU to be sure there is no current battery damage to the board?” Is this a common problem with three machines? Battery Damage? What do the batteries do for this machine?

NVRAM is non-volatile (NV) random access memory (RAM). That means the memory on the chip doesn't need battery power to maintain the settings in the game when you turn it off.

Take a look at the area below where the battery is on the board. The batteries can leak alkaline occasionally, if they are not changed regularly, and that substance drips/leaks onto the board causing damage to the traces. The damage usually can be repaired, but the leakage can cause the game to exhibit odd behavior during play, and if not corrected can cause the game to not work at all. This can be a problem on any game with batteries installed on the board.

You can remove the batteries from the board and install a remote battery holder (example:

). I believe installing NVRAM requires a board modification beyond your skill set (example:

).

I suggest a remote battery holder be installed, if you really are worried about it. Or you can change out the batteries on your machine every year, which just about guarantees that the batteries will never leak onto the board.

Robert

#333 5 years ago

I've worked on at least 4 boards where alkaline batteries leaked on the board before they expired. There have even been Pinside reports of alkaline batteries leaking in the packaging at stores. Too risky having alkaline batteries in any electronics these days, especially when a battery is not labeled where it is made. It is bad enough seeing them stamped 'made in China'.

#334 5 years ago

Thanks for such quick replies.

“Everything works well. Only needs a couple light bulbs in spots that I know of. I had it serviced in the past and have never had problems”

This is what the guy told me after asking about condition/service history he mentioned.

Are bulbs here “special” or easy to grab somewhere?

From what you say I can simply change these batteries, every year or sooner as a work around for leaking, at least for the time being?

Or can I find someone local (Madison, WI) that can do a battery change up as you mention that is that permanent style?

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

From what you say I can simply change these batteries, every year or sooner as a work around for leaking, at least for the time being?

I'm saying, don't even bother installing alkaline batteries. If you really want batteries, install lithium batteries (not the rechargeable ones either) as they can last up to 8 years and rarely would leak unless the game is in high heat areas for long period of time.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

Thanks for such quick replies.
“Everything works well. Only needs a couple light bulbs in spots that I know of. I had it serviced in the past and have never had problems”
This is what the guy told me after asking about condition/service history he mentioned.
Or can I find someone local (Madison, WI) that can do a battery change up as you mention that is that permanent style?

Nope most of the bulbs are 555's (I think Bob sent out detailed information on this topic) ....they may have a few 44's as well....just buy the external battery holder (its cheap)...I change my batteries twice a year...the game is pretty easy to work on, but some of the parts are not that easy to find.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nope most of the bulbs are 555's (I think Bob sent out detailed information on this topic) ....they may have a few 44's as well....just buy the external battery holder (its cheap)...I change my batteries twice a year...the game is pretty easy to work on, but some of the parts are not that easy to find. So when you checking out the game take a close look at the mechanism to make sure theres no excess wear. On my game the bat assembly was completely worn, and the bat coil was sticking....luckily marco had the new bat arm, and the coil is standard.

#338 5 years ago

Also see if the guy has the card chute? mine was missing, and its impossible to find. Without it the cards fall right to the ground

#339 5 years ago

You definitely want to see the MPU. Here is a picture of a WPC board with battery corrosion that I had worked on where the damage was even under the battery holder. And yes, the board was working at the time when I pulled this out of a T2 that I worked on for someone else. WPC MPU with corrosion (resized).jpgWPC MPU with corrosion (resized).jpg

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Also see if the guy has the card chute? mine was missing, and its impossible to find. Without it the cards fall right to the ground

I need a card chute too.
Somebody must have a card chute that we could use as a pattern to make one (basically a box, but it'd be nice to make it look like an original).
Anybody ....

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I need a card chute too.
Somebody must have a card chute that we could use as a pattern to make one (basically a box, but it'd be nice to make it look like an original).
Anybody ....

you could rig one up very easily with a thick card stock. it is a very simple design

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from UWbadgers:

There is a lot of info if you read through this Slugfest club...take a look at post #170.

Robert

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I need a card chute too.
Anybody ....

Hey Guys, How many of you need card chutes?? I have an original that I can copy and make up a few metal spares as the original. If we can get a rough count will whip some up in next week or two to satisfy demand.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys, How many of you need card chutes?? I have an original that I can copy and make up a few metal spares as the original. If we can get a rough count will whip some up in next week or two to satisfy demand.

I'm in for one....

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have an original that I can copy and make up a few metal spares as the original.

Dave,

That's great. I don't need one myself, but I think there are several people that do.

Robert

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

are they tied games?

No the game isn’t tied, and seems like the game never ends. My two kids were playing it and they were in the 17 inning.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

No the game isn’t tied, and seems like the game never ends. My two kids were playing it and they were in the 17 inning.

Go in into Feature settings (A2), go down to setting number 19 (max innings) and change that to 9. then while still in Feature settings go down to setting number 25 and make sure that is not set to "extra innings".

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Go in into Feature settings (A2), go down to setting number 19 (max innings) and change that to 9. then while still in Feature settings go down to setting number 25 and make sure that is not set to "extra innings".

Also go to Setting number 31 (in A2 still) and make sure it is set to NO

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

That's great news - sign me up for one also!

#350 5 years ago

I still have a spare Control Panel Overlay.

A couple of people have made inquiries, but no takers yet...if anyone is interested PM me.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/7?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.