798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg
There are 1,540 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

Just joined the club. Are toppers available anywhere? Vendors seem to be out of stock. I would be interested in a used, NOS or reproduction. Also might be looking for a baseball card dispenser and tray. Thanks
[quoted image]

From what I've seen the card dispenser and tray you're only going to get used once in a blue moon and it's going to cost you 500-1000 dollars

#1452 1 year ago

There was a new topper available from someone but I can't find who that was. I have a used one but it's broken and I don't remember what the condition it was in. There was someone selling a extra card dispenser recently with the game here on pinside.

Welcome to the club......fun game.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

There was a new topper available from someone but I can't find who that was. I have a used one but it's broken and I don't remember what the condition it was in. There was someone selling a extra card dispenser recently with the game here on pinside.
Welcome to the club......fun game.

I believe it was Classic Arcades. He has a website and sells on Ebay. May want to reach out to him ProjextPat

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I believe it was Classic Arcades. He has a website and sells on Ebay. May want to reach out to him ProjextPat

Someone was asking in this thread.....

#1455 1 year ago

So it appears I dodged a bullet in regards to the card dispenser. I had asked the seller if the game still had it and he said no it’s not in the game anymore and there was a plate blocking it off. Just unloaded it into the garage and opened it up. Low and behold it looks like it’s all there hopefully!!
Just needs the baseball card chute and a new decal for the dispenser face plate plus the topper!!!

263A868A-C0C3-49EE-83C9-4A2219B7159D (resized).jpeg263A868A-C0C3-49EE-83C9-4A2219B7159D (resized).jpeg3F5A4490-D3E4-40D8-B589-6858093CBE78 (resized).jpeg3F5A4490-D3E4-40D8-B589-6858093CBE78 (resized).jpeg4B3DBAB2-582D-4016-B829-D7B7359EAD9B (resized).jpeg4B3DBAB2-582D-4016-B829-D7B7359EAD9B (resized).jpeg55F88ADB-BF66-4922-9E1F-08C822E83A91 (resized).jpeg55F88ADB-BF66-4922-9E1F-08C822E83A91 (resized).jpeg
#1456 1 year ago

Marco has the card catcher. You can see someone posted about the Topper.

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Marco has the card catcher. You can see someone posted about the Topper.

Thanks, good Marco has the card catcher. I reached out to Jeff at Classic arcades, Rick at Planetary, and Ministry of pinball.

So far Ministry has replied and said the toppers will be available in a couple of weeks. I would buy a used one if it’s in nice shape.

#1458 1 year ago

I'm at a loss here. My game has not been registering strikes, just balls and takes 10 seconds, common issue when strike trough is no good. Game is telling me to check the switch for the strike trough. I replaced the switch. Everything works fine in the switch test, it registers the new switch every time I push it but the game itself still isn't registering the strikes. The game is unplayable like this. Any ideas?

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

So it appears I dodged a bullet in regards to the card dispenser. I had asked the seller if the game still had it and he said no it’s not in the game anymore and there was a plate blocking it off. Just unloaded it into the garage and opened it up. Low and behold it looks like it’s all there hopefully!!
Just needs the baseball card chute and a new decal for the dispenser face plate plus the topper!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Just wow. This post encouraged me to do the same thing and

PXL_20230215_125524659 (resized).jpgPXL_20230215_125524659 (resized).jpg
#1460 1 year ago

The dispenser works I just need to take everything apart and clean it and grease it. The wire pulley thing that keeps the cards tight in there got undone when I was screwing around with it and now is tangled so that's going to be fun but other than that it seems to work fine, I've dispensed a few cards manually with the switch. My wife says the guy who sold it to me gave me the chute in case I ever found the dispenser so I need to find that and I just basically found $500+ sitting in the cabinet.

#1461 1 year ago

So basically everything is in working order I just need to figure out how to tighten this metal string now because it got loosened.

PXL_20230215_131711072 (resized).jpgPXL_20230215_131711072 (resized).jpg
#1462 1 year ago

all is fully functional now. Just need a hopper for the cards and some new o rings for the motor but it works if I push on the cards real hard. I guess this is a psa for anyone with a slugfest to crack it open and make sure there's no dispenser in there. Mine was just covered up by a black plate.

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

Just joined the club. Are toppers available anywhere? Vendors seem to be out of stock. I would be interested in a used, NOS or reproduction. Also might be looking for a baseball card dispenser and tray. Thanks
[quoted image]

Mayfair Amusement had the toppers in stock about a year ago. He has a lot of stuff that's not listed on his website. You might want to give him a call and see if he still has them.

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Any suggestions for a replacement rubber for my card dispenser drive roller? It doesn’t have the o ring grooves like some others I’ve seen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just replaced mine recently with a stack of spare playfield rubbers. Hav

Quoted from dung:

Putting this up in case anyone encounters it.
The issue was the disc that interrupts the opto for the pitching arm had been put on incorrectly. It can only fit on one of two ways. Taking it off and turning it 180 degrees solved the problem. Before the magnet was activating, but way too late for the magnet to affect the ball.

Quoted from dung:

The issue was the disc that interrupts the opto for the pitching arm had been put on incorrectly. It can only fit on one of two ways. Taking it off and turning it 180 degrees solved the problem. Before the magnet was activating, but way too late for the magnet to affect the ball.

Quoted from dung:

Same solution for me. THANK YOU!!!!! I had same “late activation” symptoms. I removed the disk, spun shaft 180* and installed disk. Works perfect now. Tons of curve in both directions. Game changer.

#1465 1 year ago

If anyone is familiar with the dispenser some help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got everything on mine working and it dispenses cards fine. The issue is it dispenses like 1-2 cards and then gives an error that there's only 2 cards left regardless of how many are in there. Any ideas?

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

If anyone is familiar with the dispenser some help would be greatly appreciated.
I've got everything on mine working and it dispenses cards fine. The issue is it dispenses like 1-2 cards and then gives an error that there's only 2 cards left regardless of how many are in there. Any ideas?

check the menu setting for “cards until empty”

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

check the menu setting for “cards until empty”

Says 80. Idk what the setting does though

#1468 1 year ago

Gives the operator a heads up that the game needs a card refill.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Gives the operator a heads up that the game needs a card refill.

Yeah I realize that lol but there's a lot more than 2 cards in there.

#1470 1 year ago

what is everyone doing for the green spring steel flap
mine is bent up

#1471 1 year ago

This is the error I'm getting every time it dispenses a card.

PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpgPXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg
#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

This is the error I'm getting every time it dispenses a card.
[quoted image]

Check the switch under the carriage, it triggers the low indicator light on the front if you have one.

Also, try cleaning the optos with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs (these are for stuck cards).

20230219_144799 (resized).jpg20230219_144799 (resized).jpg

Here is the size for the O-Rings:

00015 (resized).jpg00015 (resized).jpg

And be sure to load the cards facing backwards.
The O-rings won't grab the wax covered front correctly (it's buried in the manual somewhere).

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from BR80:

Check the switch under the carriage, it triggers the low indicator light on the front if you have one.
Also, try cleaning the optos with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs (these are for stuck cards).
[quoted image]
Here is the size for the O-Rings:
[quoted image]
And be sure to load the cards facing backwards.
The O-rings won't grab the wax covered front correctly (it's buried in the manual somewhere).

Yeah I replaced the o rings it dispenses cards fine. The switch works fine, I've tested it in the menu. That being said it I've tested it both with a lot of cards so the switch isn't triggered and with only a few cards so the switch is triggered and it's the same result each time. As far as the optos go they might be dead. I'm not getting any kind of reading from them at all in the switch test menu but I don't think thats the issue because the cards aren't getting stuck.

#1474 1 year ago

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may very well be the optos because it dispenses that one card and then says dispenser error. I think I was looking into that "cards left: 1" too much. I think maybe it thinks the cards are stuck.

#1475 1 year ago

Yes, I had the same opto issue. If there is an issue with the opto then it cannot tell the cards were dispensed and you get an error. In my case it was really a switch row issue and none of the other switches on the same row were working.

#1476 1 year ago

It was the opto switch. It seems like they aren't lined up or something when they are fully tightened. Strangely enough loosening the screws a bit for each side of the opto made it work fine. The dispenser now works perfectly. My wife and I got some blank playing cards and we're going to make some interesting games out of this.

3 weeks later
#1477 1 year ago

Did anyone have an issue with the plastic baseball cove kind of reflecting light and distorting the dmd? Is it possible to remove the plastic from the front of the DMD on the baseball card blue holder that surrounds the dmd?

#1478 1 year ago

Just got my Slugfest this past weekend. The kid and I are stoked! Anyone sell card dispensers? Mine is blocked with a black plate. Probably be fun for a hot minute!

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanpluta:

Just got my Slugfest this past weekend. The kid and I are stoked! Anyone sell card dispensers? Mine is blocked with a black plate. Probably be fun for a hot minute!

Double check that it's not really in there. Some people have posted about the dispenser being blocked off but still back behind the plate.

#1480 1 year ago

Hey guys - have a slugfest and my player two button no longer works. Checked the switch in the switch test and it is not engaging during the test. What would be the next steps? Appreciate the help!

Edit: got it fixed, it was a wire bent too aggressive on the connector for the button.

2 weeks later
#1481 1 year ago

Joined the club this weekend. Drove from Detroit to Chicago to pick up this gem. So far, I've done the following:
- Lots of cleaning
- Replaced old incandescent bulbs w/ Comet LEDs
- Replaced old t-molding with new red t-molding

Still to do:
- Replace buttons w/ new ones
- Track down a card dispenser
- Replace cracked CPO

ANYONE HAVE A LEAD ON A CARD DISPENSER?

340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from bmcclary:

Joined the club this weekend. Drove from Detroit to Chicago to pick up this gem. So far, I've done the following:
- Lots of cleaning
- Replaced old incandescent bulbs w/ Comet LEDs
- Replaced old t-molding with new red t-molding
Still to do:
- Replace buttons w/ new ones
- Track down a card dispenser
- Replace cracked CPO
ANYONE HAVE A LEAD ON A CARD DISPENSER?[quoted image]

I do have a card dispenser that I was planning on putting installing in my Slugfest machine, but the cabinet is missing the hardware to mount it. Kind of put it off to the side, but in reality, I'll probably never get around to installing it. I bought it from another Pinsider who shopped it out and sent it to me about a year ago, so it's practically turnkey. If you're still looking for one, let me know.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

I do have a card dispenser that I was planning on putting installing in my Slugfest machine, but the cabinet is missing the hardware to mount it. Kind of put it off to the side, but in reality, I'll probably never get around to installing it. I bought it from another Pinsider who shopped it out and sent it to me about a year ago, so it's practically turnkey. If you're still looking for one, let me know.

Im interested in your card dispenser.

Let me know

2 weeks later
#1484 11 months ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

The dispenser has been sold.

#1485 11 months ago

Quick Question: How are the card chutes attached? I found the manual that show carriage bolts and screws, but struggling with the screws portion. Any pics or recos on how to attach?

#1486 11 months ago
Quoted from bmcclary:

Quick Question: How are the card chutes attached? I found the manual that show carriage bolts and screws, but struggling with the screws portion. Any pics or recos on how to attach?

You really don't need screws to hold it up. The carriage bolts will work.

#1487 11 months ago

1 more. What kind of lock does the card holder take? The one I got didn't have the keys for the lock.

#1488 11 months ago
Quoted from bmcclary:1 more. What kind of lock does the card holder take? The one I got didn't have the keys for the lock.

You can use any standard 7/8” coin door lock

2 weeks later
#1489 11 months ago

How the hell do you install bulbs in the buttons on this game? I just spent an hour screwing around with my player 2 button. Modern comet LEDs are too big to snap the button in all the way. The leds I have with no bulb on them seem to be too small and loose and just fall out. WTF how is this so complicated.

#1490 11 months ago

I put the 12v slim ones from pinballlife in and they fit well. The regular bulbs are too fat. You can gently drill out the buttons for a bit more clearance as well.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_12V_slimLED_CW

#1491 10 months ago

Anyone have the long red Williams instructions decal or know where I can get one produced? I had to replace my cracked white backboard, and unfortunately even with the heat gun transfer the sticker ended up all stretched out. I've seen one on here without the Williams logo, but didn't hear back from the seller. Thanks in advance for any and all help: )

1 week later
#1492 10 months ago

Anyone looking to sell their's in the southeast?
Hit me up if you do! Cash in hand.
Jeff in SC

2 weeks later
#1493 10 months ago

Does Slugfest use a standard size pinball?

#1494 10 months ago

Definitely not.

2 weeks later
#1495 9 months ago

I have a pretty nice Slugfest and thought it was playing great. I happened to play another example and the fastball pitch speed was much faster. Is there an adjustment that affects this? Any help would be appreciated.

1 month later
#1496 7 months ago

Anyone have a spare bat shaft A-6338 I can buy. Mine is damaged and has been worn out.

#1497 7 months ago

IM A MEMBER NOW!!!! I have never played this game before or anything like it, but it is surprisingly super duper fun!!!! My baseball card dispenser has sadly been replaced by a ticket dispenser, going to try and figure out a way to go back to baseball cards, but in the meantime loving the game!!!!

#1498 7 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

IM A MEMBER NOW!!!! I have never played this game before or anything like it, but it is surprisingly super duper fun!!!! My baseball card dispenser has sadly been replaced by a ticket dispenser, going to try and figure out a way to go back to baseball cards, but in the meantime loving the game!!!!

Enjoy! I know some people rip the 1-player experience, but I still find it quite a bit of fun. I play it more than my regular pin in the house, Police Force.

#1499 7 months ago

Slugfest is a great casual player game. Had company over last night and enjoyed a game with a friend. Despite being casual, there’s strategy and I kicked my friends butt, lol.

#1500 7 months ago
Quoted from Drunkpunkjosh:

Anyone have a spare bat shaft A-6338 I can buy. Mine is damaged and has been worn out.

You can buy new ones from Pinball Resource

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 40.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,540 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.