798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.
#1251 2 years ago

edit i found a few jacked up wires on switch plug on cpu will re pin tonight and see if thats it

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

edit i found a few jacked up wires on switch plug on cpu will re pin tonight and see if thats it

Hope it fixes the issue....

#1253 2 years ago

Re pinned all the cpu connectors and now pitch and other optos all working. I’m still getting fast, medium, slow pitch errors. Sometimes ball pitches fine, sometimes looked like arm is stuck and flap part way up, sometime kicks 2 balls. I don’t know what I’m looking for to fix this

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I picked up a decent condition Slugfest this past week and even though it was listed as "everything working", I quickly found that wasn't exactly the case. The center ramp wasn't going up and found the broken chunk at the bottom of the cabinet. I assume this is a common failure?
[quoted image]
I looked for a replacement, but it seems they are no longer available. I found the repair part on thingiverse for printing, but I wanted to try to 3d model the whole part. After 20 or so iterations, I have a finished part. I still have yet to test fit it, but my calipers say it will do the job. JB weld repaired original on the left, newly printed on the right. Next up is attempting to print the flap itself and then testing in the game.
[quoted image]

All you need to do is print the broken post part not the whole ramp. If you go back i have posted the part you need.

1 week later
#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

All you need to do is print the broken post part not the whole ramp. If you go back i have posted the part you need.

Sure. Like I mentioned, I did find the repair piece available to download. I wanted to make a replacement and am happy to report that it works great.

#1257 2 years ago

Going to be joining the club real soon. Finishing touches on a shopped Slugfest are being done and will be delivered to me soon. Mine will have some blade art, which looks really nice. From what I was told, this was from Williams. Apparently they made limited quantities.

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit: Blades not from Williams.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Going to be joining the club real soon. Finishing touches on a shopped Slugfest are being done and will be delivered to me soon. Mine will have some blade art, which looks really nice. From what I was told, this was from Williams. Apparently they made limited quantities.
[quoted image]

Never seen those blades before. Look really good.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

[quoted image]

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/slug-fest-williams

#1261 2 years ago

The blades look great. That's a buy for me at some point. Thanks!

#1262 2 years ago

Just joined the club

5BA32504-64BF-4F91-8311-70D641FEFA9F (resized).jpeg5BA32504-64BF-4F91-8311-70D641FEFA9F (resized).jpeg
#1263 2 years ago

Aren’t these holes for a baseball card holder?

Or is there meant to be nothing here?

79ED2F2B-2CF6-4A36-8D9E-1E427DF7BA84 (resized).jpeg79ED2F2B-2CF6-4A36-8D9E-1E427DF7BA84 (resized).jpeg
#1264 2 years ago

I’m missing a large wedge in the bleachers assembly. I have a large wedge in a spare parts box, but it’s too small.

Is the correct part 24-8803?

Thank you

7C33C605-E058-4B91-A00A-05668A1CDA6E (resized).jpeg7C33C605-E058-4B91-A00A-05668A1CDA6E (resized).jpeg

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Or is there meant to be nothing here?[quoted image]

Yes those were used to rivet a plate to hold card. Mine has one.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Or is there meant to be nothing here?[quoted image]

Holder for pricing card. Here’s what it looks like. Speaking of which, does anyone do custom cards for Slugfest?

E7613CAC-73FF-4D97-81F4-C209103EAAAF (resized).jpegE7613CAC-73FF-4D97-81F4-C209103EAAAF (resized).jpeg
#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Holder for pricing card. Here’s what it looks like. Speaking of which, does anyone do custom cards for Slugfest?[quoted image]

Instead of pricing, maybe put what the awards are for hitting the heckler.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Instead of pricing, maybe put what the awards are for hitting the heckler.

It's a possibility, but that can vary on the game settings and whether the card dispenser is set to shoot out cards. Might just do a Slugfest logo since instructions are on the red strip and game credits are behind the backstop fence. It's smaller than an apron card, so you can't have a lot of information there.

#1269 2 years ago

I didn’t see it in the manual.

Is there a way to turn off the knocker when the cards are dispensed?

#1270 2 years ago

This a custom design I did for mine.

20211231_081341 (resized).jpg20211231_081341 (resized).jpg
#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

It's a possibility, but that can vary on the game settings and whether the card dispenser is set to shoot out cards. Might just do a Slugfest logo since instructions are on the red strip and game credits are behind the backstop fence. It's smaller than an apron card, so you can't have a lot of information there.

What about doing what’s on the topper? Or something around hitting home runs for baseball cards.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

This a custom design I did for mine.[quoted image]

That actually looks pretty nice. Do you have any extras I can buy from you?

#1273 2 years ago

Anyone know how to remove this piece to install new rubber O-rings?

661AFBBF-2A08-484C-A29D-B28A9BD8DCB4 (resized).jpeg661AFBBF-2A08-484C-A29D-B28A9BD8DCB4 (resized).jpeg

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

Anyone know how to remove this piece to install new rubber O-rings?
[quoted image]

Look in the manual and loosen the adjustment screw for that wheel and you should be able to put on new o-rings on the wheel.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

That actually looks pretty nice. Do you have any extras I can buy from you?

Send me a PM and I mail you a couple. My wife made them.

Thanks

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Look in the manual and loosen the adjustment screw for that wheel and you should be able to put on new o-rings on the wheel.

I removed the screw on the wheel, but it wouldn’t budge. I just removed the screws on the metal plate attached to it and was able to access it.

#1277 2 years ago

Two questions:
1. Installed new rubber rings. Cards don’t always dispense just spins and doesn’t grab card. I have the paper (dull) side of cards against rollers. I tried to tighten the tension on spring and it seemed to work for a few times but then just spins. Anyone have an adjustment or trick to have the rollers better grab the cards?
2. Is there an adjustment for the fastball? Mine rockets out and way to the right, un hitable every time. Machine is level.

Thanks don’t know much about this machine yet.

#1278 2 years ago

Here is mine I had bought last year. I ended up stripping everything off, prepping the cabinet, repainted with color matched automotive paint, new side art decals and put it all back together.

It was my first time doing this and learned a lot of do's and don't for sure.

Slugfest #1 (resized).jpgSlugfest #1 (resized).jpgSlugfest#2 (resized).jpgSlugfest#2 (resized).jpgSlugfest#3 (resized).jpgSlugfest#3 (resized).jpgSlugfest#4 (resized).jpgSlugfest#4 (resized).jpgSlugfest#5 (resized).jpgSlugfest#5 (resized).jpg
#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Here is mine I had bought last year. I ended up stripping everything off, prepping the cabinet, repainted with color matched automotive paint, new side art decals and put it all back together.
It was my first time doing this and learned a lot of do's and don't for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

She's a BEAUT, Clark!

#1280 2 years ago

I just listed a working card dispenser and a complete set of new cabinet decals in Marketplace

#1281 2 years ago

anyone within 3-4 hours of Nashville looking to sell please let me know

#1282 2 years ago

Anyone know the best way to adjust the dispenser card roller?

Right now it usually dispenses 1, but sometimes 2 and often some get stuck

F0B0331E-3D47-423C-AA9D-6D1BA4CAF23C (resized).jpegF0B0331E-3D47-423C-AA9D-6D1BA4CAF23C (resized).jpeg
#1283 2 years ago

If you have a manual there are instructions on adjusting it. If not I will post it from my maual.....

#1284 2 years ago

I just had NVRAM and reset the machine to factory defaults.

I set the innings

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

If you have a manual there are instructions on adjusting it. If not I will post it from my maual.....

I know there are 4 screws to loosen and move the roller, but I’m wondering how much gap should there be?

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I just had NVRAM and reset the machine to factory defaults.
I set the innings

I know there are 4 screws to loosen and move the roller, but I’m wondering how much gap should there be?

Make sure you have new O rings on roller. Have one card ready in the dispenser and set the roller snug the card.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Make sure you have new O rings on roller. Have one card ready in the dispenser and set the roller snug the card.

As you can see 2 of the 4 are missing and the 2 are original. 1 broke off yesterday as it was very brittle.

I’ve bought replacements and will install them later today and report back.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

As you can see 2 of the 4 are missing and the 2 are original. 1 broke off yesterday as it was very brittle.
I’ve bought replacements and will install them later today and report back.

I put the new rings on. I’m noticing that sometimes only 1 card will come out even though the game says 2 won.

Not a big deal since this is for home use

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I put the new rings on. I’m noticing that sometimes only 1 card will come out even though the game says 2 won.
Not a big deal since this is for home use

Maybe loosen the pressure on the wheel to card? You can dispense a card by hitting the white button and watch it.

#1289 2 years ago

Just confirming ball size is 3/4" correct. Ive seen listing for 5/8 as why I am confused.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Just confirming ball size is 3/4" correct. Ive seen listing for 5/8 as why I am confused.

They are 5/8 I believe. Its somewhere in the manual.

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

They are 5/8 I believe. Its somewhere in the manual.

I thought they were too but the parts list shows 3/4". Marco sells both sizes and Planetary shipped me one 3/4 with last order. I'm ordering my Ninja balls today and was going to add this on if I can figure this out.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I thought they were too but the parts list shows 3/4". Marco sells both sizes and Planetary shipped me one 3/4 with last order. I'm ordering my Ninja balls today and was going to add this on if I can figure this out.

Sorry, 3/4. Page 2-42 in the manual has this info. I must of been day dreaming.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Sorry, 3/4. Page 2-42 in the manual has this info. I must of been day dreaming.

I wished you could buy them in white...

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I wished you could buy them in white...

That would be cool.

#1295 2 years ago

May be joining the club. Does anyone sell or make the card dispenser holder?

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

May be joining the club. Does anyone sell or make the card dispenser holder?

They are for sale on Marco specialties. I made one using some plexiglass and two part epoxy.

1 week later
#1297 2 years ago

I have a slugfest that the DMD is no longer working
I checked the fuses and the F602 fuse was blown, I replaced it and it blew again once the machine was powered up
Ive reseated all cables and checked for other blown fuses
I checked all connections and everything looks to be in order.
The Game does boot up and plays with no issues

Curious as to where I should look next to solve the problem

Thanks In advance

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I checked the fuses and the F602 fuse was blown, I replaced it and it blew again once the machine was powered up
Thanks In advance

Have you followed this yet? https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Display_problems

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Thanks In advance

Several options:
1 High voltage section on the DMD controller board needs to be rebuilt by yourself or a friend (someone who can solder).
2 Can send it out to ChrisHibler to get repaired.
3 Or the more costly, install a new DMD controller board. I would only suggest a Xpin if you go the new board route. https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-wpcdmd-ctrl-controller-board/
4 Or install this daughterboard, which bypasses the damaged parts.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-dmd-high-power-replacement-board.html

5 Or not worry about any of the above and install a ColorDMD, which does not use the high voltages. https://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-slugfest-machine/

1 week later
#1300 2 years ago

have a couple things I don’t need.
I bought the front decal for my first SF, but since then found a nice one that doesn’t need decals.
Also, bought a set of cab art for a friend and then he sold his.
Here’s a link to the side art https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/slug-fest-williams
Front only cab decal $85 shipped to lower 48
Inside cab art $80 shipped shipped to lower 48

6E1311C6-9635-45D4-8AE2-AEC910C7D4D6 (resized).jpeg6E1311C6-9635-45D4-8AE2-AEC910C7D4D6 (resized).jpegE3A4CE3C-FAF5-4D37-BA37-298A48D86E36 (resized).jpegE3A4CE3C-FAF5-4D37-BA37-298A48D86E36 (resized).jpeg Added 22 months ago:

A friend in town picked these up. So they’re gone !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.