798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg
There are 1,540 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Finally got around to making a clear card catcher for my slugfest and hotshots. Also added a yellow sticker to the card dispenser [quoted image]

Great idea, looks like a solid catcher.

#1152 2 years ago

I’m looking for a slugfest in the mid Atlantic area. Anyone have one for sale?

#1153 2 years ago

I bought and received my “stadium “ spot lights from comet pinball to light my playfield . Is there a preferred or god place to get power for them? I don’t want to fry anything. Thanks

#1154 2 years ago

Never actually seen one in person until I was loading this one. Heavier and bigger then I would have thought....pretty nice snag for 1400 Cdn.....about a grand US.

20210603_161815 (resized).jpg20210603_161815 (resized).jpg
#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Never actually seen one in person until I was loading this one. Heavier and bigger then I would have thought....pretty nice snag for 1400 Cdn.....about a grand US.
[quoted image]

Super fun game and getting harder to find under 2K these days. They are shockingly heavy ha!

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.......is it in good condition?

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Welcome to the club.......is it in good condition?

Appears to be....very dirty for sure and I'm working 12 hour days all weekend so all I could do was dump it in the mancave until Monday. Its a "worked when we put it in storage" guess....

#1158 2 years ago

Ok.....

Finally found a nice Slugfest. I’ve read through this entire thread top to bottom and have found some great information. The following are still on my want list:

1)Mirror blades or graphics matching inside side art blades

2)A custom bat option.

3)Some card dispenser help. Motor works fine but the cable / spring / wheel isn’t working. My cable has slack in it

4)Need a source for Non-Glare (PDI) Glass sized to fit a Slugfest

C02E2057-D862-4FB5-B425-F7893A4CAD31 (resized).jpegC02E2057-D862-4FB5-B425-F7893A4CAD31 (resized).jpeg
#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Ok.....
Finally found a nice Slugfest. I’ve read through this entire thread top to bottom and have found some great information. The following are still on my want list:
2)A custom bat option.
3)Some card dispenser help. Motor works fine but the cable / spring / wheel isn’t working. My cable has slack in it
4)Need a source for Non-Glare (PDI) Glass sized to fit a Slugfest [quoted image]

There’s a custom bat option? I gotta find that!

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Ok.....
2)A custom bat option.
4)Need a source for Non-Glare (PDI) Glass sized to fit a Slugfest [quoted image]

I will take some pictures of my dispenser. Is your cable broken?

#1161 2 years ago

Here is the location of the cable and I pointed to where it attaches.

20210612_075049 (resized).jpg20210612_075049 (resized).jpg20210612_075054 (resized).jpg20210612_075054 (resized).jpg20210612_075056 (resized).jpg20210612_075056 (resized).jpg
#1162 2 years ago
20210612_075242 (resized).jpg20210612_075242 (resized).jpg
#1163 2 years ago

For those of you that have card dispensers, where are you buying unwaxed cards?

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Flea markets are a pretty good source of fun cards, lots of bulk sports cards but alot of the fun movie/music/TV cards that they were printing in the 90s. Since you're an Ohio guy, Jamie's or Rogers are both great spots.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

If you want to keep with the year of the machine. 1991 is the worst year in the history of sports cards. Total over saturation of the market. Any hobby shop should have boxes of 1991 baseball cards they would gladly rid themselves of.

#1166 2 years ago

I have found great deals on ebay there are tons of cards for sale. I have put newer cards in mine and the dispenser works great. I put new o-rings on the dispenser roller and adjusted it to the new cards. If you need help with o-ring size and how to adjust send me a PM or I can post in here.

#1167 2 years ago

Big question - what is everyone’s 2 cards they display by the dmd?

Kirby Puckett x2 was my choice.

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I've picked some cheap commons from a local shop before, but they're a random mix of years and manufacturers.
The replacement cards an operator would get back in the day were "1991 Topps Vending Cards". Check eBay, plenty still available...even 24 box cases.

Quoted from Apollon:

2)A custom bat option.
[quoted image]

Found these mini bats that seem to fit well, but I can't figure out a way to secure it on top firmly.
I don't think just epoxy would hold up to the hammering the bat takes.
Thought about cutting in half and trying thin screws from the bottom, but that could look butchered if not done right.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQYW3GL

Slugfest-Bat (resized).jpgSlugfest-Bat (resized).jpg

Quoted from Stebel:

Big question - what is everyone’s 2 cards they display by the dmd?

Dodgers vs Yankees

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

[quoted image]

Nice! I haven't seen one that cheap here in the states any condition for 2+ years (I realize you are in Canada). Nice score!

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Nice! I haven't seen one that cheap here in the states any condition for 2+ years (I realize you are in Canada). Nice score!

And other then some heavy duty cleaning, unsticking a couple 'pitch' buttons, and replacing the battery pack.....worked like a charm. *horseshoe falls out of ass*

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Portyman:

I bought and received my “stadium “ spot lights from comet pinball to light my playfield . Is there a preferred or god place to get power for them? I don’t want to fry anything. Thanks

I want to add spotlights to my Slugfest also. Did you watch this video from Comet about installing the spotlights:

#1172 2 years ago

How do you get to the dmd to put the two cards in?

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

How do you get to the dmd to put the two cards in?

Slide out the glass and under the glass thats protecting tge DMD you will see brackets holding the metal track for that glass. Undo the nuts and push the small bolts outwards.

#1174 2 years ago

Question about the speakers. I have 2 different size speakers the right side speaker is smaller and is black. Is that normal or should they both be the same. Thanks

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from Portyman:

Question about the speakers. I have 2 different size speakers the right side speaker is smaller and is black. Is that normal or should they both be the same. Thanks

See post #135 above.

Robert

1 month later
#1176 2 years ago

been a while since I had to move mine but I have to move it to a new location this weekend. I cannot remember if I have to remove the balls first or if they will stay in place during the break down and move?

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

been a while since I had to move mine but I have to move it to a new location this weekend. I cannot remember if I have to remove the balls first or if they will stay in place during the break down and move?

They will stay put...at least they did when I moved mine...

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

They will stay put...at least they did when I moved mine...

Thanks!

1 week later
#1179 2 years ago

Looking for some help here because I'm stumped.

I just picked up a slug fest and am just struggling with getting the ramp to work correctly.

I just keep getting a ramp error.

I've replaced both the Opto transmitter and receiver. I even moved the transmitter diode closer to the cam to try and get a stronger signal since it seems like it's kinda far away.

I replaced the LM339 on the Opto board and resoldered the connections and buzzed it out to make sure everything is good there.

So this is the odd thing - the optos work fine until you install the lift cam. I lined the cam up so the opto signals seem to be working fine when I operate it with my fingers but when I put it in test is just keeps having an error.

I can't test it in gameplay because my ramp is missing the lifter piece and it is coming in the mail.

Any help would be appreciated.

#1180 2 years ago

Anyone need the baseball card dispenser metal card holder that mounts under the cabinet bottom? $35 shipped.

Added over 3 years ago:

Sold

#1181 2 years ago

So I went ahead and ordered a new cam for the home run ramp. The one on it looks fine but I think the holes must just be misaligned because I spent so much time trying to line it up. I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue with a poor quality repro cam? It looked like it was brand new.

1 week later
#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Common problem. Assuming the assembly hasn't worked loose and everything is tightened up I found that the cam wears down over time enough to prevent the ball from obtaining the correct launch angle. It's hard to visually detect. I went ahead and replaced the cam with a new one from Marco and restored the long ball to my game. Now the problem is fans keep throwing home run balls back!

Is this the "cam" you are referring to?

cam (resized).PNGcam (resized).PNG
#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I went ahead and ordered a new cam for the home run ramp. The one on it looks fine but I think the holes must just be misaligned because I spent so much time trying to line it up. I'm curious if anyone else has had an issue with a poor quality repro cam? It looked like it was brand new.

Good question. Where did you order your cam? I just ordered the one pictured in my post above from Marco to hopefully to fix what some say is a ramp angle issue caused by a worn cam (my home runs either hit the bleachers or the glass 9/10 times and rarely go into the bleachers which makes gameplay reallllly lame.

#1184 2 years ago

Ok so I fixed this. The opto receiver was bad and I think my replacement.was faulty because replacing it worked. To fix the heigh I just used some gorilla tape and closed the long hole a bit in each side. The hole is just cut crappy so you can't get full height.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ok so I fixed this. The opto receiver was bad and I think my replacement.was faulty because replacing it worked. To fix the heigh I just used some gorilla tape and closed the long hole a bit in each side. The hole is just cut crappy so you can't get full height.

Where did you buy your cam? Do you think it’s a fault of the repro part?

#1186 2 years ago

Working on a slugfest and the fast ball is coming down like a curve or screwball. The magnet is really affecting it. Any idea how to adjust it or fix the problem?

Thanks

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Working on a slugfest and the fast ball is coming down like a curve or screwball. The magnet is really affecting it. Any idea how to adjust it or fix the problem?
Thanks

Are you playing on 1 or 2 player?

To my knowledge...

1 player is novelty where the ball will be affected by the magnet on almost every pitch,

2 player mode the pitches will be correct according to the pitch button that is pressed

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

To my knowledge...
1 player is novelty where the ball will be affected by the magnet on almost every pitch,
2 player mode the pitches will be correct according to the pitch button that is pressed

Correct, on 1 player no matter what button you press you get a random pitch. I believe there may be a way to change that in the settings but would need to pull the manual.

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

To my knowledge...

Thanks for the info, I was trying it on 1 player. Will try on 2 player and see if it has the same affect.

#1190 2 years ago

My card dispenser is really hard to slide out. Looking at the bottom, there is a black plate/lip catching on the 4 gold colored screws on the dispenser. Should this black metal tab/lip be flat? The screws catch on it so I have to lift up the card dispenser as much as I can when sliding it out.

DCCB3EBE-EA83-46C2-8281-FCCF97311711 (resized).jpegDCCB3EBE-EA83-46C2-8281-FCCF97311711 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1191 2 years ago

My bat stopped working

Fuses all good

75v at tp6

Knocker works

Bat button works

Any other help?

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My bat stopped working
Fuses all good
75v at tp6
Knocker works
Bat button works
Any other help?

Took this to a tech post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-bat-stopped-working-#post-6466742

#1193 2 years ago

My card dispenser is really hard to slide out. Looking at the bottom, there is a black plate/lip catching on the 4 gold colored screws on the dispenser. Should this black metal tab/lip be flat? The screws catch on it so I have to lift up the card dispenser as much as I can when sliding it out.
[quoted image]

Bump - anyone able to see what their card dispenser latch area looks like underneath?

#1194 2 years ago

Bump - anyone able to see what their card dispenser latch area looks like underneath?

I will post some photos tonight when I get home from work. That will 29.99 per photo

#1195 2 years ago

Here is the photo. It's just a metal plate with a 90 degree bend in it.

20210902_175545 (resized).jpg20210902_175545 (resized).jpg20210902_175552 (resized).jpg20210902_175552 (resized).jpg
#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Here is the photo. It's just a metal plate with a 90 degree bend in it. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! And the screws on the bottom of your card dispenser don’t catch on it? I wonder if mine has the wrong screws?

#1197 2 years ago

Thanks! And the screws on the bottom of your card dispenser don’t catch on it? I wonder if mine has the wrong screws?

I think screws should not be in that location. Mine does not. That card dispenser can not slide over those screws

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I think screws should not be in that location. Mine does not. That card dispenser can not slide over those screws

hmm, you don’t have those brass looking screws I show in post #1190?

#1199 2 years ago

hmm, you don’t have those brass looking screws I show in post #1190?

Can you take another photo ? Your photo is upside down and it's difficult to determine why those screws are there.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Can you take another photo ? Your photo is upside down and it's difficult to determine why those screws are there.

Let me know if this is a better angle. There are 4 of these hex screws - 2 on each side of the card dispenser hole (where card falls through). These catch on that black metal flap when sliding dispenser in and out.

IMG_0236 (resized).jpgIMG_0236 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,540 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.