IMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thinking of picking one up. I've heard transport is hard(er than a standard pin) because the head doesn't fold out. But I see many happily riding around in SUVs in this thread. So is the solution just to take the top cowl with the speakers off? Is this attached by bolts?
thanks.

Yes, two bolts, two cables to unplug, and it comes off.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Awesome. thanks!

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thinking of picking one up. I've heard transport is hard(er than a standard pin) because the head doesn't fold out. But I see many happily riding around in SUVs in this thread. So is the solution just to take the top cowl with the speakers off? Is this attached by bolts?
thanks.

Quoted from mdeslaur:

Very easy to get the top off and reattach. A few other things to consider as I just brought mine home a few weeks ago. This thing is HEAVY. I don't know how, but it's heavier than a regular WPC game, and mostly on the head side. Not sure how you plan to move it, but be ready. If there is a card catcher, you'll want to take that off too so it can sit flat on a dolly and in your car.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

thanks.

Yes, the top comes off quite easily.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Ground wires attached to a post with a wire nut.

Whole thing takes 3 minutes to pull. It is thiner than a pin with the head folded down.

#1006 3 years ago

Fixing my slugfest and everything seems to be working, but the magnet.

Magnet test, works fine.

Pitch test the ball tosses, magnet never activates. Is there a switch that is not being tripped to activate the magnet?

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from laxgoalie1288:

Hello again! I finally was able to get my hands on a dispenser but now I'm facing another issue, It won't plug into the machine! I opened up my cabinet and saw what I assumed to be the line plgu that was just sitting there not attached to anything near where the card dispenser would be. So when I bought the dispenser and saw that it's about 3 feet too short from getting to the motherboard. I was pretty discouraged. Can anyone help me in my construction or offer any tips about what I need to do or what I might be missing?
Thanks!

The line from my dispenser is about 27" long from the back of the dispenser and plugs into a harness with a connector inside the machine right by the dispener casing

IMG_20200915_175454 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175454 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175509 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175509 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175521 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175521 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175714 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175714 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175812 (resized).JPGIMG_20200915_175812 (resized).JPG
#1008 3 years ago

The card catcher is the problem transporting this one.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

The card catcher is the problem transporting this one.

Its easy to remove it. Just bring adjustable wrench

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Fixing my slugfest and everything seems to be working, but the magnet.
Magnet test, works fine.
Pitch test the ball tosses, magnet never activates. Is there a switch that is not being tripped to activate the magnet?

Putting this up in case anyone encounters it.

The issue was the disc that interrupts the opto for the pitching arm had been put on incorrectly. It can only fit on one of two ways. Taking it off and turning it 180 degrees solved the problem. Before the magnet was activating, but way too late for the magnet to affect the ball.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcollins1028:

Just got my game and joined the club. Was playing fine for the first few days, went to play a game today and it keeps throwing 2-3 balls every time a pitch is thrown. Has anyone experienced the pitching arm going around too many times? What is the fix?

See if the plexiglas playfield is warped by where the pitchers mound is. If it is bumped up the ball will not pitch right.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

The line from my dispenser is about 27" long from the back of the dispenser and plugs into a harness with a connector inside the machine right by the dispener casing[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you Felix! I was able to find a cable and attach it but guess what... another issue. Of course. The good news is that the motor runs in the card dispenser, However the rubber rings or gaskets crubled the moment it dispensed the first card. So now it won't dispense any cards. Would anyone know where I could find some rubber ring replacements?

Thanks again!

#1013 3 years ago

Thank you Felix! I was able to find a cable and attach it but guess what... another issue. Of course. The good news is that the motor runs in the card dispenser, However the rubber rings or gaskets crubled the moment it dispensed the first card. So now it won't dispense any cards. Would anyone know where I could find some rubber ring replacements?
Thanks again!

Go to auto parts store and purchase some rubber o rings. If you need help with a size I can I can post a photo of the correct size.

#1014 3 years ago

Thanks again!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/19#post-5782250

Just make sure you adjust the dispense motor assembly afterwards (3 screws on the left hand side)

#1015 3 years ago

Oh and also it looks like there were two different metal drums, one with grooves for orings at the ends in it and one that is completely flat (mine was flat). If you go a few posts before the link above you will see my post about how it looked before.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/19#post-5782250
Just make sure you adjust the dispense motor assembly afterwards (3 screws on the left hand side)

This is awesome! Would I need to go to like a pepboys or a home dept to find these rings? As for the drum, it looks like mine had 4 set grooves in the drum where the rings sit in place.

#1017 3 years ago

This is awesome! Would I need to go to like a pepboys or a home dept to find these rings? As for the drum, it looks like mine had 4 set grooves in the drum where the rings sit in place.

Peepboys could be another option...

#1018 3 years ago

If you have the grooves your o-ring size might be different but I just ordered this box o o-rings from amazon since I had no idea what size I needed and might need other o-rings in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRF9YYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00

#1019 3 years ago

This guy used pinball rubbers:

#1020 3 years ago

Thoughts on why only certain screens show missing or faded rows of dots on the dot matrix display? Otherwise other screens look fine?

#1021 3 years ago

I started this club about 2 years ago. My Slugfest is at my wife's daughters house and they want to trade it for my Flash Gordon.

So, when I get it back this weekend, I'm going to take a few pictures and list it for sale.

I have a couple overlays left, but most of the spare parts will go with the game.

I hate to sell it, especially with a color DMD, but I just don't have any space to keep it.

I may check the thread out occasionally, but someone should take over.

Good luck to everyone.

Robert

#1022 3 years ago

In michigan, looking for a project Slugfest for the winter!

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I started this club about 2 years ago. My Slugfest is at my wife's daughters house and they want to trade it for my Flash Gordon.
So, when I get it back this weekend, I'm going to take a few pictures and list it for sale.
I have a couple overlays left, but most of the spare parts will go with the game.
I hate to sell it, especially with a color DMD, but I just don't have any space to keep it.
I may check the thread out occasionally, but someone should take over.
Good luck to everyone.
Robert

Do you have the original DMD?

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

If you need a new display, have your thought about a ColorDMD ?
If you’re looking for an orange display, I have a pile of those.

69001AAB-0047-4267-9C8F-3E15E27E871D (resized).jpeg69001AAB-0047-4267-9C8F-3E15E27E871D (resized).jpeg
#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

No I don't.

Robert

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

If you need a new display, have your thought about a ColorDMD ?
If you’re looking for an orange display, I have a pile of those.[quoted image]

What does a orange display go for? It’s not my machine but I can let the owner know what they cost.

#1028 3 years ago

Awesome price for a Slugfest with a color DMD

#1029 3 years ago

Hey man, I know you’re not ducking out forever, but before your game sells, I want to say thank you for all the time, wisdom and experience (and I’m sure sometimes parts) that you’ve shared . You’ve been an asset to this club.

CB967AA8-7414-4AD9-8B2F-C129DE295B70 (resized).pngCB967AA8-7414-4AD9-8B2F-C129DE295B70 (resized).png
#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey man, I know you’re not ducking out forever, but before your game sells, I want to say thank you for all the time, wisdom and experience (and I’m sure sometimes parts) that you’ve shared . You’ve been an asset to this club.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#1031 3 years ago

However the rubber rings or gaskets crumbled the moment it dispensed the first card. So now it won't dispense any cards. Would anyone know where I could find some rubber ring replacements?

Any good hardware store should carry an assortment of rubber rings. Look in the plumbing section or where all the screw bins are.

#1032 3 years ago

With the legs off how tall are these with the top on vs off? Looking at getting one and have a Honda pilot. Thanks!

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

With the legs off how tall are these with the top on vs off? Looking at getting one and have a Honda pilot. Thanks!

58" long, 24" wide. 41" tall with the top , 31" tall w/o the top. These measurements do not include the card catcher or the plastic topper as they are both easy to take off.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

58" long, 24" wide. 41" tall with the top , 31" tall w/o the top. These measurements do not include the card catcher or the plastic topper as they are both easy to take off.

Thank you so much! Hoping to find one soon and join in the fun!

#1035 3 years ago

Bat started sticking after swing. So took apart to fix/replace. Mine looks like it has had hacks.

Does not have 02-2750 roller drive arm (part that is more like a spacer/shoulder).

So need this. But...

My A-6338 driven arm assembly (bat bolt assembly) has a washer and screw on the bottom. Is this hacked or they used to be like this?
Looks like it sticks up further than the new version. May have added to catching after swing.

Anyone know if this bat assembly is normal?

5FDD4934-BB15-44A0-9D73-2849989D223C (resized).jpeg5FDD4934-BB15-44A0-9D73-2849989D223C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1036 3 years ago

Should the balls be removed when transporting ? I didn't when I picked it up. Just curious what others have done?

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Should the balls be removed when transporting ? I didn't when I picked it up. Just curious what others have done?

I didn't but it's typically recommended for pins and I normally don't remove them from there either.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Depends on how far the game is transported...in any case I always take the balls out so any switches aren’t damaged.

Robert

#1039 3 years ago

Random rules question that I've been curious about - is there some criteria that raises the ramp during game play (aside from the pinch hit)? I've been trying to pay attention to what happens when the ramp raises for a shot at a home run but I'm not noticing any patterns. Is it just random?

#1040 3 years ago

10 slugfest toppers for sale on eBay. Says original nos...

ebay.com link: itm

#1041 3 years ago

Ended up transporting with balls in and head still attached. All good. But heavy!

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Ended up transporting with balls in and head still attached. All good. But heavy!

Welcome to the club. Same way I transported mine.

Enjoy

#1043 3 years ago

I just joined the Slugfest club this afternoon! Mine is a project though. It is missing the ramp. The game is kind of annoying with a missing ramp. Not as annoying as the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates, but still annoying. Outside of that, it seems to be working!

Anyway, I have a 3D printer ... I have been itching to make something useful and put it out there for others to use. I figure something like this is not exactly "simple" to make, but is a good project for someone like myself that is a beginner/intermediate with CAD tools that aren't PCB or integrated circuit related . I'm sure I could make something that 'works', but I'd like it to be as accurate as possible. I figure the replacement would be pretty reliable if it is printed with ABS or better + solid infill.

Could someone with a spare ramp out there possibly trace the top of it when it is sitting face down and measure the non-curved bottom and sides? I also need the midpoint of the bottom up to the peak of the curve. Oh, and the thickness of the top . If so, just post a pic of the trace with the measurements here if you don't mind, or PM me. If you want paid for your time, I'd be more than happy to pay .

I'd probably need a couple more measurements after that ... I figure I could merge this with the pivot part of the ramp that someone else made and put it out on Thingverse as a free-to-use pinball part you can print yourself . These ramps seem to be going for a lot of money these days when they show up.

If you have a broken one laying around, I'm interested . As long as I can get the critical measurements, I'm sure I can make something acceptable.

I'll beg and plead for a ramp decal scan later . I'd put a Pirates logo on the ramp, but then the machine would up and trade itself for three project Gottlieb Ravens + a project Pokerino once restored.

#1044 3 years ago

I know its a long shot but figured I would post anyway. I have the card dispenser but need the black housing that the dispenser mechanism slides into. Anybody know where I might find one?

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

I know its a long shot but figured I would post anyway. I have the card dispenser but need the black housing that the dispenser mechanism slides into. Anybody know where I might find one?

Reach out to TNT Amusements and see if they possibly have one.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

ebay.com link

Just got mine in today. The protective film on the face of the topper is still on in pics.

20201026_143442 (resized).jpg20201026_143442 (resized).jpg20201026_143637 (resized).jpg20201026_143637 (resized).jpg
#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

ebay.com link

$18 for shipping! Ouch!

#1048 3 years ago

I have a used one if anyone is interested.

#1049 3 years ago

Who has the outfield fence plastic for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 40.00
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/21?hl=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.