798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Pclusk:

When the machine does a self-test, it comes back with a Fast Ball Pitch error where it lists the switch as closed when the button is not depressed. When the Fast Ball button is pressed, it does properly throw the ball...

Maybe a matrix issue. If other switches were pressed at that time in the same row/column with a bad diode it would read as the incorrect switch.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

where do you buy those connectors?

Great Plains Electronics

#853 4 years ago

Idc punch down connectors aren't so great, while I don't believe you have to go nuts like some guys and replace them all, when you do need to, goto molex .156 with a crimper.
Tool is like $20 on Amazon, connectors and pins just a couple bucks.

#854 4 years ago

I can’t seem to get my Slugfest to stop at 9innings. My son and I played a game today and it just keeps going to the next inning.

#855 4 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Slugfest Archived
Used, fair condition - “Pitching Motor #14-7959 Motor works but shaft appears to be broken at the end. Please see pictures”
2020-04-28
Bethesda, MD
19 (OBO)
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 192 times

Posted a used pitching motor in Market

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Pclusk:

When the machine does a self-test, it comes back with a Fast Ball Pitch error where it lists the switch as closed when the button is not depressed. When the Fast Ball button is pressed, it does properly throw the ball...

Post a photo of the button wiring. Is it possible you reversed a wire with the lamp connections? I know because I've done it.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I can’t seem to get my Slugfest to stop at 9innings. My son and I played a game today and it just keeps going to the next inning.

Is the game tied? There is a setting to add another inning if the score is tied. There may also be a replay setting set to award an extra inning that you are tripping.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Is the game tied? There is a setting to add another inning if the score is tied. There may also be a replay setting set to award an extra inning that you are tripping.

No the game isn’t tied it just keeps going to the next inning. I think we got to the 12inning and we stopped playing..

#859 4 years ago

I'm looking to pick one of these up, but it's quite a drive and I need to know if it will fit in my Hyundai Tucson first.

What's the total height of the cabinet with the head removed?

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Great Plains Electronics

Thanks Bob

#861 4 years ago

My Bleacher plastic has several chunks out of it.

I found Phoenix Arcade sells a replacement $80 shipped. Anyone know of other sellers? (MAD has none in stock)

Also, any ideas how to protect this plastic from cracking/breaking from low home run balls? If I replace, I’d prefer to protect it somehow...looks prone to getting broken again.

#862 4 years ago

wondering if anyone has purchased new decals from Planetary and replaced on SlugFest....thinking about going through the process. I was hoping Mirco would make some RadCals , but that doesn't look like its gonna happen

1 month later
#863 3 years ago

This club still active ??

Looking for a topper. Either original or repro

Thanks !!

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from Deiterd2:

This club still active ??
Looking for a topper. Either original or repro
Thanks !!

Planetary Pinball sells them

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1630-60001

#865 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the weird looking bolt between the 2 bat driver arms is available? I had a look at marco and could only find the 2 bat driver arms and the roller bearing that rides on the bolt but not the bolt itself. Wondering if maybe it comes with one of the arms?? Seems mine has become loose over the years and finally decided to snap today.

1 week later
#866 3 years ago

Hi folks,

Brand new here but always been a BIG fan of the slugfest. I was fortunate enough to have purchased one this past weekend but it's missing its card dispenser. If anyone has a lead on one, I'd be very appreciative. Happy to ship or do local pick up if you're in the Chicago area.

Thanks for the help and happy to be here!

Cheers,

LG

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from laxgoalie1288:

Hi folks,
Brand new here but always been a BIG fan of the slugfest. I was fortunate enough to have purchased one this past weekend but it's missing its card dispenser. If anyone has a lead on one, I'd be very appreciative. Happy to ship or do local pick up if you're in the Chicago area.
Thanks for the help and happy to be here!
Cheers,
LG

I don't have a card dispenser but if you need the card catcher let me know. I have made a bunch for all of us Slugfest owners and have some stock

20181029_113023 (resized).jpg20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
#868 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I don't have a card dispenser but if you need the card catcher let me know. I have made a bunch for all of us Slugfest owners and have some stock[quoted image]

How much?

#869 3 years ago

Does anyone else have the problem with the pitches being too far outside to hit. I haven’t moved the machine, but, lately, the pitches have been way outside about every 3rd pitch. This seems to be especially prevalent with my fastball. It has led my friends to be less willing to play the game because offense has gone way down. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

#870 3 years ago

Just send him a PM....I have one and it works great. I looked for over a year and never found one so if you have the dispenser you need to get one of these....

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

Does anyone know if the weird looking bolt between the 2 bat driver arms is available? I had a look at marco and could only find the 2 bat driver arms and the roller bearing that rides on the bolt but not the bolt itself. Wondering if maybe it comes with one of the arms?? Seems mine has become loose over the years and finally decided to snap today.

I thought it was just that, a bolt. Didn't see anything special that you can't find a replacement for at the hardware store.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

I thought it was just that, a bolt. Didn't see anything special that you can't find a replacement for at the hardware store.

the one on my machine looked like a special bolt. eitherway i just reeplaced it with a 1" 5/16 bolt and it seems to work fine. probably stronger now too

2 weeks later
#873 3 years ago

Just joined the slugfest club and in the process on cleaning it up. I noticed that a few were having problems with pitches going off to the side and are unhittable. While I was starting to take things apart and test all the functions I saw that my playfield plexiglas was slightly lifted at the pitch flap. Once I pressed down on it the pitches stoped going off to the side and seemed to function properly. Once I take it all apart I'm going to see if I can flatten it out or secure it some how to the plywood. This was more or less a heads up post for someone looking to try and fix that problem. I'll post again once I finally fix it but it might be a while until I finish

1 week later
#874 3 years ago

looking for the card dispenser decal.....marco is out of stock

Thanks

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I don't have a card dispenser but if you need the card catcher let me know. I have made a bunch for all of us Slugfest owners and have some stock[quoted image]

I bought one of these in blue and it was great. Perfect fit and great quality.

#876 3 years ago

Just installed NVRAM on my pin and noticed the ROM chip says "REV LA1".

I see L1 is the current version. Anyone know the difference or if they are the same?

#877 3 years ago

I see a CP overlay on ebay. Can anyone comment about this one? I can't find any for sale on the net.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I see a CP overlay on ebay. Can anyone comment about this one? I can't find any for sale on the net.

I bought one. I did a poor job installing, but that wasn't the overlay's fault. (should have primed the cp first). I will prolly by another and redo it right this time, but the overly itself seems good. Size is right, colors are good to my eyes.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I bought one. I did a poor job installing, but that wasn't the overlay's fault. (should have primed the cp first). I will prolly by another and redo it right this time, but the overly itself seems good. Size is right, colors are good to my eyes.

Thank you for responding. I will purchase one soon.

#880 3 years ago

I have an extra overlay that I found when I was cleaning up some stuff.

Contact me if you are interested.

Robert

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have an extra overlay that I found when I was cleaning up some stuff.
Robert

sent you a pm. Thanks

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from Arud85:

Just joined the slugfest club and in the process on cleaning it up. I noticed that a few were having problems with pitches going off to the side and are unhittable. While I was starting to take things apart and test all the functions I saw that my playfield plexiglas was slightly lifted at the pitch flap. Once I pressed down on it the pitches stoped going off to the side and seemed to function properly. Once I take it all apart I'm going to see if I can flatten it out or secure it some how to the plywood. This was more or less a heads up post for someone looking to try and fix that problem. I'll post again once I finally fix it but it might be a while until I finish

Thank you for the reply. I’ll check it out.

#883 3 years ago

I have an extra topper sticker that I found when I was cleaning up some stuff. I made them to make a topper for my Slugfest.

Robert

Topper Sticker: 24 x 8 Topper (resized).jpg24 x 8 Topper (resized).jpg

My topper with sticker on a plastic support: Topper Pic 1 (resized).jpgTopper Pic 1 (resized).jpg

#884 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have the plastic playfield? I have a complete game however a locked on magnet destroyed the plastic.

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Anyone happen to have the plastic playfield? I have a complete game however a locked on magnet destroyed the plastic.

Confused on what plastic you are asking about

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Confused on what plastic you are asking about

Playfield sized cover.

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Playfield sized cover.

So your saying the playfield is damaged?

#888 3 years ago

Sounds like his melted due to a locked on coil

#889 3 years ago

Finally gonna get my Slugfest next week. They are incredibly rare over here in Europe, probably only a handful ever made it over. Super excited!

My question is: do any baseball cards fit next to the DMD? I wanna get a Roy Halladay one, but need to know if it's easy to swap and if any brand will fit. Thanks guys.

#890 3 years ago

The plastic part of the playfield is what I need or I would take a whole pf as well.

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Finally gonna get my Slugfest next week. They are incredibly rare over here in Europe, probably only a handful ever made it over. Super excited!
My question is: do any baseball cards fit next to the DMD? I wanna get a Roy Halladay one, but need to know if it's easy to swap and if any brand will fit. Thanks guys.

Mine are glued on so once you take the glass off to access then you can put anything you want there. If you wanted to preserve the card you would just have to mount a holder of some sort to the plastic trim panel.

#892 3 years ago

Anyone have a decal for front control panel?

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

My question is: do any baseball cards fit next to the DMD? I wanna get a Roy Halladay one, but need to know if it's easy to swap and if any brand will fit.

They are standard sized cards but it is a bit of a pain to get at them. You need a hollow torx to remove the top trim on the backbox.

#894 3 years ago

Just bought new bleacher plastic. Any tips to keep it from breaking as bad as original? Any sort of protectors available?

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

Just bought new bleacher plastic. Any tips to keep it from breaking as bad as original? Any sort of protectors available?

There is no protector that I know of, but unless you play about 50,000 games, it's probably gong to be OK.

Robert

#896 3 years ago

hey guys, long time no see. I come with some great news. I finally found a Fix for the broken ramp problem. Someone created a part with a 3d printer that fixes your broken ramp. Below is a link that you can acsses the files needed to print your own. if you don't have a way to print i might be able to help, just PM me. Please share this with people that might need it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4491298

#897 3 years ago

Just picked up a Slugfest and we are having fun with it!

I’ve got a question, hopefully with an easy answer:

I’ve got it on free play. We hit the two player button and play a complete inning and the game ends. I’m seeing comments where people are playing nine inning games. What do I need to adjust to have it play a 3 or a 6 or a 9 inning game? I looked through the manual and the game menu, but nothing is jumping out at me. Any ideas? Thank you!!

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Just picked up a Slugfest and we are having fun with it!
I’ve got a question, hopefully with an easy answer:
I’ve got it on free play. We hit the two player button and play a complete inning and the game ends. I’m seeing comments where people are playing nine inning games. What do I need to adjust to have it play a 3 or a 6 or a 9 inning game? I looked through the manual and the game menu, but nothing is jumping out at me. Any ideas? Thank you!!

each press of the 2 player button is an inning. press it nine times for nine innings

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

each press of the 2 player button is an inning. press it nine times for nine innings

I figured that’s all there was to it. However, mine doesn’t give any extra innings. Press two players once and the game starts up with one inning. I can press two player again, all day long, and it just gives me the one inning to play with two players. I wasn’t sure if there was something to enable in the software that I’m missing? I have it set for “innings maximum” at 9. Frustrating.

#900 3 years ago

Hey! I figured it out! Strangely, it was in the pricing menu: “credits to buy in” was set at zero, changed it to 1 and all is now good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.