798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.
#801 4 years ago
0BD05768-A6EA-413D-9B8B-9583D791A4D8 (resized).jpeg0BD05768-A6EA-413D-9B8B-9583D791A4D8 (resized).jpeg3A267EB8-F641-4D3B-ABE3-488178FCA962 (resized).jpeg3A267EB8-F641-4D3B-ABE3-488178FCA962 (resized).jpeg
#802 4 years ago

Keep these in my Slugfest folder, so here is another look:

slugfest connector2 (resized).jpgslugfest connector2 (resized).jpg
slugfest connector1 (resized).jpgslugfest connector1 (resized).jpg

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Really appreciate the pics from both of you guys. Just went and redid the wires going into the connector and BOOM...we have control panel lights! Thanks for helping me out!

#804 4 years ago

Now for a new question. What does your bat mech look like...specifically the plate on the right pictured below. I would assume that mine is pretty worn but the bat seems to work properly. Would replacing this piece help contribute to a stronger swing?

I ask as I'm trying to solve the problem of the balls not making it up to the upper decks. Been working on the ramp to rig it to rise higher but also want to ensure my bat mech is strong.

Thanks!

IMG_20200102_170050 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_170050 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_170052 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_170052 (resized).jpg
#805 4 years ago

hi group picked up a Slugfest and in the process of restoring. I’m in need of the green playfield flap use for the ball pitch. Anyone have a spare and know where I might find one....

Don

F2522D33-E1AB-46A9-A36E-DC4FC80CB583 (resized).jpegF2522D33-E1AB-46A9-A36E-DC4FC80CB583 (resized).jpeg
#806 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find the black frame that goes around the card dispenser on the front of the cabinet? I bought my slug fest which didn’t have a dispenser and had a plain black cover over the entire opening of the dispenser location. When I got a dispenser it didn’t come with that frame. I think it is part number 01-10076 as part of the assembly part number A-14560...but not sure.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Anyone know where I can find the black frame that goes around the card dispenser on the front of the cabinet? I bought my slug fest which didn’t have a dispenser and had a plain black cover over the entire opening of the dispenser location. When I got a dispenser it didn’t come with that frame. I think it is part number 01-10076 as part of the assembly part number A-14560...but not sure.

Are you talking about just the black metal plate? That surrounds the card dispenser?

#808 4 years ago

^^^^^^ He won’t sell you anything, don’t waste your time^^^^^^^^

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Are you talking about just the black metal plate? That surrounds the card dispenser?

Yes

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I’m in need of the green playfield flap

It was posted here about a year ago that marco stocks flaps for other pitch and bat games that will fit Slugfest.

#811 4 years ago

Is this the one?

E6A8852E-D5F5-450A-9720-25415CDB44CF (resized).jpegE6A8852E-D5F5-450A-9720-25415CDB44CF (resized).jpeg
#812 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My issue is that I need to see what the original connector should look like (i.e. which wires go where) so that I can undo what I've done incorrectly and do it correctly.

The wires should match up with the mating connector.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I ask as I'm trying to solve the problem of the balls not making it up to the upper decks.

I have a youtube video on by trials and tribulations fixing my slug fest ramp. In the end I found that the lift cam wears down ever so slightly. Replacing the cam eventually raised the ramp higher just enough to score home runs unless butter fingered fans fail to catch them and they bounce back.

As for the bat. I tried new parts from Marco but the replacement was not machined correctly. A new spring and roller washer are the best updates.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Is this the one?[quoted image]

Yes, that’s the one. Where did you find it and how much?

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

I have a youtube video on by trials and tribulations fixing my slug fest ramp. In the end I found that the lift cam wears down ever so slightly. Replacing the cam eventually raised the ramp higher just enough to score home runs unless butter fingered fans fail to catch them and they bounce back.
As for the bat. I tried new parts from Marco but the replacement was not machined correctly. A new spring and roller washer are the best updates.

Can u post a link to the video.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Would also like to see that vid. I just replaced the cam and had to reapply the electrical tape mod. This really didn't make a difference. I don't really know what else to do as it's so close but just not high enough. On a fastball and a solid strike from the bat you can get a home run every once and a while but that's it.

I also replaced the bat spring which didn't make a difference.

#817 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of cards mostly baseball along with football , some Hockey and basketball. Tops and other brands. 200 or so , did not count them. $15.00 shipped in the lower 48. These will fit your card dispenser.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I've posted it a couple times but here it is again....

Eventually the new cam fixed the ramp rise issue, and the opto problems were battery acid damage to the connectors. The video runs through my efforts and how I diagnosed the problems.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

hi group picked up a Slugfest and in the process of restoring. I’m in need of the green playfield flap use for the ball pitch. Anyone have a spare and know where I might find one....
Don[quoted image]

See post 481.

Robert

#820 4 years ago

Silly question but I don't want to break the part, how do you remove the lamp indicator assembly that lights up on the card dispenser from the dispenser? Mine doesn't light up and it looks like it's not as simple as replacing a bulb. Looks like the whole part needs to be replaced possibly. Thanks in advance.

Part below.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9679

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

Silly question but I don't want to break the part, how do you remove the lamp indicator assembly that lights up on the card dispenser from the dispenser? /blockquote>

You need to unscrew the cover with a hollow torx screwdriver.

#822 4 years ago

I too am having Homerun woes, or lack thereof. Ramp height is fine. Bat strength looks to be fine. I was going to change the pitch angle of my machine...either raising the front end or dropping the back legs height down. Trying to dial in a sweet spot where Homeruns are achieved and also eliminate how balls are not reloading all the time without lifting up the cabinet.

That being said, if someone here has a great working machine and would be willing to share the angle at which their machine is set to...that would be a great starting point for me.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

I too am having Homerun woes, or lack thereof. Ramp height is fine. Bat strength looks to be fine. I was going to change the pitch angle of my machine...either raising the front end or dropping the back legs height down. Trying to dial in a sweet spot where Homeruns are achieved and also eliminate how balls are not reloading all the time without lifting up the cabinet.
That being said, if someone here has a great working machine and would be willing to share the angle at which their machine is set to...that would be a great starting point for me.

I need a digital level or maybe a protractor i have will work. Either way hopefully maybe today or tomorrow i can give you the info of what mine is set at i dont have any problems hitting it out the park.

1 week later
#824 4 years ago

Besides the issue with the ball not clearing the fence, I think I only have one issue outstanding; I can't get the lights in the backbox to come on, both the ones behind the translight and the couple hanging down to light the cards on each side of the dmd. The wires are wht/org & org. The connector is J120, which I've redone and the other lights, the homerun ones, on the same connector, work fine. Manual shows pin 8, which tracks to Q10, a triac, BT138e. I've checked continuity, no problems. Do you think it's this triac or am I missing something? If it is the triac, any idea where to find one or a few or what a substitute is, as I can't find the original?

#825 4 years ago

What size balls and how many does Slugfest use? Also, is the playfield glass standard size?

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What size balls and how many does Slugfest use? Also, is the playfield glass standard size?

Glass is not standard. 23x 35-1/4x 3/16". Balls are 3/4"dia and i Believe it works with 4 but requires 6

#827 4 years ago

Is there a setting to make it harder to steal a base? It's pretty darn hard to throw out a runner.

#828 4 years ago

Game settings A2-7 control stealing. Setting 6 controls easy-hard. If it's set for 0 it starts out hard otherwise you can set how many easy steels you get before they get hard.

1 week later
#829 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I used these:
amazon.com link »
With these:
amazon.com link »
The LED tape doesn't come with connectors, so you need to buy some.
You just cut the tape to whatever length you need. There is a sissor mark at the middle of the copper contact pads. The tape has an adhesive backing, peal it off and stick the LED tape down.
The only hard part is having to trim the urethane led covering off the cut end to attach the connector. Be sure to match up the polarity of the tape, if you wire it backwards it won't light up.
The LEDs are 12vdc, so I attached them to a board in the front left of the cabinet. I put about 3 feet or so of wire between the LEDs and the connector so I can lift the playfield.
Robert

I'm trying to do what you did here and add the LED strips. Where exactly did you plug the connector into? Do you have a picture by chance? Thx!

#830 4 years ago

Does anyone here have a picture of how they got 12v power from the coin door board for LED light strips? I see 12v power on J4 and J5 but dont know if it matters which to use. Also not sure of the best way to make the physical connection. Can I just push the wires down into the existing empty connector on J5? Thanks!

20200209_125146 (resized).jpg20200209_125146 (resized).jpg
#831 4 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Can I just push the wires down into the existing empty connector on J5? Thanks![quoted image]

Yes.

Robert

#832 4 years ago

Thank you! I will do that. For today I went ahead used an old 12v power plug I had and plugged it into the aux outlet. Works fine but stays on even when machine is turned off.

#833 4 years ago

Would still love to see art or mirror blades ?

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Does anyone here have a picture of how they got 12v power from the coin door board for LED light strips?

This link might help. https://pinballbulbs.com/installs/wpc-front-light-strip-installation

#835 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Joined the club and the game arrived with this long, green ground wire on the left-side of the head disconnected as shown--could somebody please post a pic of where this terminal screws into please?

Many thanks.

20200210_164758 (resized).jpg20200210_164758 (resized).jpg
#836 4 years ago

Thanks...I've seen that method but was trying to confirm I can tap into 12v at the J5 on the coin board. Which it seems I can safely aa that is what MrSanRamon I initially did on his. Will try it out soon unless I'm lazy and just keep the AC plugged into the aux outlet and call it a day. In that case I'll just use an outlet strip to power game off/on so those lights go out.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Joined the club and the game arrived with this long, green ground wire on the left-side of the head disconnected as shown--could somebody please post a pic of where this terminal screws into please?

It goes up into the head where there should be a post an a wingnut to hold it. It joins the cabinet ground to the backbox head ground.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I've seen that method but was trying to confirm I can tap into 12v at the J5 on the coin board

Were talking about LED light strips for the characters on the playfield right? If that's the case you may want to raise and service the playfield. While you can drop the wires straight down to the panel you would need to leave a lot of slack. To do it right the wire needs to follow the general cable harness down through the playfield to the backbox. At that point you might as well plug into the driver board. Why run it back through the cabinet to the front panels?

#839 4 years ago

Some nos parts I have found and are for sale .

Bat Driver arm $25.00
Bat Unit frame $90.00
Plunger link Assembly $25.00
Pitch Drive arm $25.00
Black plastic bat $10.00

#840 4 years ago

I recently NVRAM'd my game and am trying to go through settings and set it up how I want.

I have it set to four innings, but at the end of each inning, it says game over and I have to hit the two-player button to continue. What setting turns that off?

Is there a way to make stealing harder? I see a setting for liberal steals, but I'm not sure what that means for gameplay.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have it set to four innings, but at the end of each inning, it says game over and I have to hit the two-player button to continue. What setting turns that off?

Do you have the manual? There are a lot of settings that control innings including max innings and price per inning. Sounds like you have the pricing set to 1 inning. There are also settings for stealing listed in a previous post.

#842 4 years ago

I don't make anything from ColorDMD sales, but since there's been some activity on here lately...
Don't forget to check it out

https://mailchi.mp/eaf65a568096/colordmd-game-79-is-slugfest?e=5577ac3ffb
SlugFest_MLBTeams (resized).pngSlugFest_MLBTeams (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 4.48.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-19 at 4.48.45 PM (resized).png
#843 4 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Were talking about LED light strips for the characters on the playfield right? If that's the case you may want to raise and service the playfield. While you can drop the wires straight down to the panel you would need to leave a lot of slack. To do it right the wire needs to follow the general cable harness down through the playfield to the backbox. At that point you might as well plug into the driver board. Why run it back through the cabinet to the front panels?

Yep I was talking about LED strips for underneath the plastics on the playfield with the characters. You make a good point about needing slack to lift/service playfield so might as well tap in at the power board. I still have it plugged into the aux AC plug. But when I redo it I'll probably do what you are suggesting. Thx.

#844 4 years ago

Alright I need some help. My bat and steal button just quit working again. These two buttons have been working off and on now for the past couple years. Tried to figure it out but no luck yet. So far I’ve check continuity and all wires text good to the mini board it’s plugged into in the cabinet. Where should I be looking at on the MPU board in the back? Connector number? Thanks in advance..

Added over 4 years ago:

Replaced connector and problem is fixed!

#845 4 years ago

This board looks pretty corroded. Anyone know where I can find a new one?

82C12914-4E2E-4C1E-9CF4-678DCAC1C7CD (resized).jpeg82C12914-4E2E-4C1E-9CF4-678DCAC1C7CD (resized).jpeg
Added over 4 years ago:

Problem fixed!!

#846 4 years ago

I put a strip of LEDs under the glass channel at the back of the machine. I powered them with a wall wart from a router into the service plug. I installed a bill acceptor and this game is going out in public this week. Before and after:

2020-02-23 20.31.47 (resized).jpg2020-02-23 20.31.47 (resized).jpg2020-02-23 20.31.21 (resized).jpg2020-02-23 20.31.21 (resized).jpg
#847 4 years ago

Fixed my problem. This connector is junk!!!

84C31616-21F2-48CE-96FB-C865CA050699 (resized).jpeg84C31616-21F2-48CE-96FB-C865CA050699 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#848 4 years ago

When the machine does a self-test, it comes back with a Fast Ball Pitch error where it lists the switch as closed when the button is not depressed. When the Fast Ball button is pressed, it does properly throw the ball...

My attempts to fix the issue:
- Replaced the IDC connectors with Molex connectors on the CPU but it did not resolve the issue.
- Replaced the Fast Ball Button, still no luck.

Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Fast Pitch Error (resized).jpgFast Pitch Error (resized).jpgNew Molex Connectors (resized).jpgNew Molex Connectors (resized).jpg
#849 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Fixed my problem. This connector is junk!!![quoted image]

where do you buy those connectors?

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

where do you buy those connectors?

There’s an electrical store in town by me where I picked them up at.. Sorry probably not very helpful. I am sure you can find them online.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/17?hl=pinhigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.