IMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

I have to call Marco as the "Bat" button had no text on it at all ...and I'll ask if they can match the pitch button font size/type from more they have in stock.

I got a Bat button from Marco a few years ago that had the correct text. Let them know about the fonts too.

#652 4 years ago

About the PPS control panel overlays...
I installed one on my Slugfest 2 years ago and it is already cracked and split all along the front, just like the original one was. Anyone else that got an official repro from them have a similar situation?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

About the PPS control panel overlays...
I installed one on my Slugfest 2 years ago and it is already cracked and split all along the front, just like the original one was. Anyone else that got an official repro from them have a similar situation?

Yep....the problem is where the sheetmetal transitions onto the wood bullnose....mine is having the exact same problem (cracking right on top on the bullnose)..its the main reason most in the wild are completely jacked up....its a poor design....

#654 4 years ago

Did you guys use wood filler or bondo on the wood/metal joint and sand it down? I believe that is necessary to prevent it from happening again.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Did you guys use wood filler or bondo on the wood/metal joint and sand it down? I believe that is necessary to prevent it from happening again.

I used wood filler, and it didn't work very well....I have no experience with bondo, but I bet it would work better?

#656 4 years ago

Yeah, I did mine in bondo, seemed pretty solid to me.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

its such a poor design.....so no cracking?

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

All metal would be best sands like bondo but harder has metal in it can find at auto paint supply store.

#659 4 years ago

Thanks for the info, guys! I’ll have to modify the joint then, if I get another cp overlay.

#660 4 years ago

The game instructions vinyl overlay on Slugfest. These don't appear to being reproduced. Would there be any interest in them? I'm going to make one for my Slugfest and could make more if anyone is interested? Let me know.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

The game instructions vinyl overlay on Slugfest. These don't appear to being reproduced. Would there be any interest in them? I'm going to make one for my Slugfest and could make more if anyone is interested? Let me know.

Talk to the OP since he already made a batch and might have some advice. I got one of his and was happy with the results.

#662 4 years ago

I’d b interested to have extras of all of thenoverlays etc.

#663 4 years ago

I need one too. Broke my white plex and would like to remake one with a new overlay.

#664 4 years ago

I'll post a picture when it's finished. I'm not going to put the Williams name on it to avoid legal trouble. May do more spectators like box seats behind the plate. Probably $20.00 + shipping.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

I'll post a picture when it's finished. I'm not going to put the Williams name on it to avoid legal trouble. May do more spectators like box seats behind the plate. Probably $20.00 + shipping.

Mine is not broken but if you make it look sweet with fans in the crowd I might want one

#666 4 years ago

My baseball card replacements to theme up with my love of Deadpool and the Cubs lol.

A193B68B-91FF-4EE3-9396-B5C4AE9A885F (resized).jpegA193B68B-91FF-4EE3-9396-B5C4AE9A885F (resized).jpeg
#667 4 years ago

I have an overlay left if anyone needs one.

I have given my Slugfest to my wife’s granddaughter, so I don’t come to this thread much.

Robert

EB5A6BC0-A313-4CEE-87C8-A64C2B5CFA52 (resized).jpegEB5A6BC0-A313-4CEE-87C8-A64C2B5CFA52 (resized).jpeg

#668 4 years ago

"I have an overlay left if anyone needs one".

Robert

PM sent

#669 4 years ago

Is there an art-blade options for this title? So much open space for bleachers and fans on an art blades.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Is there an art-blade options for this title? So much open space for bleachers and fans on an art blades.

The OP was working on some. I don't know if he finished it. The trouble would be matching up the art styles. Since the art style used is so iconic.

#671 4 years ago

LED’s in. Nice drastic change

B4680DFF-F485-416C-9F36-2AE89B295170 (resized).jpegB4680DFF-F485-416C-9F36-2AE89B295170 (resized).jpegD2916EE2-638F-4374-B9C1-8FBD3C59B4FB (resized).jpegD2916EE2-638F-4374-B9C1-8FBD3C59B4FB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#672 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

Ok I got one back and installed it on my Slugfest. They aren't original looking but look good. These aren't made anywhere that I can see so if yours is beat up, missing it's a good replacement. The vinyl is micro punched so no bubbles when installing.

DSCF0658 (resized).JPGDSCF0658 (resized).JPGDSCF0659 (resized).JPGDSCF0659 (resized).JPGDSCF0660 (resized).JPGDSCF0660 (resized).JPG
#673 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

Ok I got one back and installed it on my Slugfest. They aren't original looking but look good. These aren't made anywhere that I can see so if yours is beat up, missing it's a good replacement. The vinyl is micro punched so no bubbles when installing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Fantastic!! - did you get the plexi replaced as well? Mine has a big crack so in need of a new one. If you decide to offer up the stickers let me know.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Looks Fantastic!! - did you get the plexi replaced as well? Mine has a big crack so in need of a new one. If you decide to offer up the stickers let me know.

Ok who all wants one??? I'll give it a week and get them made up. If you can find a piece of white plxi you can make one in your oven. You just need sdomething that it can bend over as it heats up and softens

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

Ok who all wants one??? I'll give it a week and get them made up. If you can find a piece of white plxi you can make one in your oven. You just need sdomething that it can bend over as it heats up and softens

I’ll take one please.

#676 4 years ago

i will take 2 - just in case - you know - I F it up putting it on lol do you have a cost on them?

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

i will take 2 - just in case - you know - I F it up putting it on lol do you have a cost on them?

I think around $20.00 + shipping. What I did was peeled back and folded the rear edge of the decal the entire length about an inch and slowly lined it up with the edge. Then I pushed down on the vinyl from end to end slowly until I got to the front edge. The paper will pull away as you do this. I carefully pressed that edge down from end to end until it all laid down and the backing fell off.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

I think around $20.00 + shipping. What I did was peeled back and folded the rear edge of the decal the entire length about an inch and slowly lined it up with the edge. Then I pushed down on the vinyl from end to end slowly until I got to the front edge. The paper will pull away as you do this. I carefully pressed that edge down from end to end until it all laid down and the backing fell off.

How did you deal with the bull nose area? what are the dimensions of the CPO? I've seen some wrap around under the bull nose and others not. Many have reported cracking in this area due to the poor design.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How did you deal with the bull nose area? what are the dimensions of the CPO? I've seen some wrap around under the bull nose and others not. Many have reported cracking in this area due to the poor design.

read my previous post about installation. Same size as original.

#680 4 years ago

Please add me to your list mate. Nice job by the way.

#681 4 years ago

Ok I'm going to make up 12 of them to start. Those of you that want them PM me with your requests, quantity's and Paypal information. I will send you a Paypal money request when they are ready to go. Thanks!

1 week later
#682 4 years ago

For anyone that has purchased new push buttons, do the Fonts match?
I bought all 10 buttons new from Marco, but the 4 pitch buttons have 3 different font/sizes ... looks bad IMHO.
Is this as good as it gets for repo push buttons...? Has anyone else procured ones that look like the original font (or at least match between pitch buttons)?
I have to call Marco as the "Bat" button had no text on it at all ...and I'll ask if they can match the pitch button font size/type from more they have in stock. Just curious if this is what everyone else is seeing when buying reproduction buttons.

Just to update anyone who may be looking to order replacement buttons. As mentioned above, the font from Marco was off. They were committed to fix it, but their graphic designer was off work for an unknown time (first just a week then two or more weeks). I opted to return the buttons (they gave me a full refund no problem) and purchased the pitch buttons from MAD via eBay. MAD's button font appear far closer to the original and are all very similar in font size/type.

MAD on left, Marco on right.

buttons (resized).JPGbuttons (resized).JPG
#683 4 years ago

I opted to return the buttons (they gave me a full refund no problem) and purchased the pitch buttons from MAD via eBay. MAD's button font appear far closer to the original and are all very similar in font size/type.

Be careful! Mad is known for routinely ripping off foreign customers and never sending parts or refunds.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you

#685 4 years ago

Just added a slugfest in the line

20190720_172139 (resized).jpg20190720_172139 (resized).jpg
#686 4 years ago

Wish they made mirror blades for this or an art blade that matches the way the characters are. Maybe a dugout

#687 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to get an overlay from? Everywhere seems to be out of stock.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Does anyone know where to get an overlay from? Everywhere seems to be out of stock.

for the front by the buttons? if so contact the creator of this thread and see if he has any left over.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Wish they made mirror blades for this or an art blade that matches the way the characters are. Maybe a dugout

Could someone PM the dimensions the art blades would need to be? I’m going to start working on a set.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Could someone PM the dimensions the art blades would need to be? I’m going to start working on a set.

This is what i came up with should be pretty solid

20190727_081637 (resized).jpg20190727_081637 (resized).jpg
#691 4 years ago

Great seller, I'm local to him and got games and parts from him before. I was tempted to save this one but the cabinet was long gone.

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I'd definitely be interested in a set if you end up making em

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

LED’s in. Nice drastic change[quoted image][quoted image]

What type of bulbs are they (44 or 555)? What led type did you use? My slugfest is being stored at my buddy's place otherwise I'd just look for myself. I want to order LEDs and bring them to his place the next time I head over there (he's a few hours away from me).

If anyone mapped out the bulbs to know how many and which type that info would be greatly appreciated

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'd definitely be interested in a set if you end up making em

count me in for a set as well please!!

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What type of bulbs are they (44 or 555)? What led type did you use? My slugfest is being stored at my buddy's place otherwise I'd just look for myself. I want to order LEDs and bring them to his place the next time I head over there (he's a few hours away from me).
If anyone mapped out the bulbs to know how many and which type that info would be greatly appreciated

I cheated. I used the kit from pinballbulbs.com for mine. The guys there are awesome, and I prefer the guesswork already being done.

#696 4 years ago

Did anyone map out the bulbs and could share? My machine is a few hours away and I'd like to buy the LEDs I need and then head over and install them. Really appreciate the info

Thanks!

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Looking forward to seeing what u come up with

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did anyone map out the bulbs and could share? My machine is a few hours away and I'd like to buy the LEDs I need and then head over and install them. Really appreciate the info
Thanks!

Look at post #170.

#699 4 years ago

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific item or topic, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).

Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.

In the box: "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter what you are interested in...and hit enter.

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

1 week later
#700 4 years ago

Card Catchers - Hey guys i have ran another batch of card catchers. You can see the original on the right and the new one being fabbed on the left. If anyone still needs one let me know.

20181019_130809 (resized).jpg20181019_130809 (resized).jpg20181029_113023 (resized).jpg20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%e2%80%a6-gone/page/14?hl=jans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.