1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 750 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 175 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190921_154205851 (resized).jpg
IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
CF63EC90-A930-4F1D-88B0-2BE2DD5A7EA6 (resized).jpeg
56F86916-74BE-4FA1-BDFD-E5BE709380DA (resized).jpeg
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG
DSCF0666 (resized).JPG
DSCF0661 (resized).JPG
20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
20181019_130809 (resized).jpg
20190727_081637 (resized).jpg
20190720_172139 (resized).jpg
buttons (resized).JPG
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0660 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twoheartedmale.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 1 year ago

Ive wanted this table for so long but its always been out of my price range. randomly the other day i checked ebay for pinball machines and i found one for a good price and jumped on it! I'm happy bob made this club! perfect timing it sounds like too! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can have a color option for the DMD? i think it would really pop.

#39 1 year ago

Anyone have ideas or suggestions for upgrading the speakers/sound system?

#41 1 year ago

I was thinking about painting the legs white and adding baseball stiching to them. Anyone els have any mod ideas???? I pick my slugfest up on monday!! Cant wait to post pics for u guys.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

WTB a Slugfest in europe

I wonder how many slugfests got shipped to europe, due to its lack of baseball interest. Or any pitch and bats for that matter?

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The control panel overlay on my game is pretty good, but not perfect...one corner is damaged.
I have one of the last overlays from PPS, which is damaged. I have scanned that overlay and fixed the damage; and am going to have a new overlay made. I'll replace the existing overlay when I fix the shipping damage on my machine.
Robert

will we be able to buy these online?

#51 1 year ago

can someone post a pic of the bottom part of the ramp? mine is missing the part that comes in contact with the oval part that pushes it up. if anyone has an extra ramp for sale or knows where i can fine one, let me know.

#62 1 year ago

would anyone be willing to take measurements of this post on the bottom of the ramp? It would really help me with making a replacement. thanks

fit it 2 (resized).jpg
#69 1 year ago

Anyone have any suggestions for what locks to use on the back door and head unit? I need to replace them.

#77 1 year ago

i just installed new buttons from mad, they look great and it was very easy to install. i don't think they have alot left.

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=110

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I put some LED strip lights under the 2 plastics at the front of the playfield. Really brightens up a relatively dark playfield.
Robert

how did you wire them? what LED strips did you use?

#87 1 year ago

how many balls do you guys have in your slug fest? i had four, but just added six more.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Same thing was done here in this thread... ‭
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-restoration#post-3295178
Best looking Slugfest I’ve seen here... love the clearcoated sideart!

me too, thats my dream!

1 week later
#118 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Was working on my Slugfest card dispenser today...everything seems to operate properly. Was wondering if anyone has a source for baseball cards that work in the machine? Apparently they can't be glossy (per a youtube video)...also I'm missing the bottom chute was hoping someone out there knows where to locate one.

Any sports card for before 1989 will work. You can find them on ebay for very cheap.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Any sports card from before 1989 will work. You can find them on ebay for very cheap.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Slugfest is just good fun.
Sometimes my pitches all have curve to them. Not always, but sometimes even throwing a change up will act like a curve. What would cause that to happen randomly?

I just read in the slugfest instruction book that there is a setting that makes every pitch a random pitch, even in 2 player mode. this setting can be found in the feature adjustments under auto pitch select. There is 3 settings, 1.Never, 2.Only 1-player, 3. Always.

I have a feeling that yours may be set on always.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Was working on my Slugfest card dispenser today...everything seems to operate properly. Was wondering if anyone has a source for baseball cards that work in the machine? Apparently they can't be glossy (per a youtube video)...also I'm missing the bottom chute was hoping someone out there knows where to locate one.

when loading cards make sure the picture side is facing the back of the hopper! that way the o rings can grab the ruff cardboard side of the card!

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

ebay.com link » Like

Anyone know what these cards have on them? is it even sports?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

thanks....u might be correct....let me check that out

The recommended setting would be the second one, 2.Only 1-player.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Model 60001 uses red T molding; model 60021 uses blue molding.
I got my red molding from here:
ebay.com link » 30 Ft 3 4 Inch Bright Red T Molding Arcades Mame Tables Cabinets Fast Ship
Robert

how much T-molding is required for slugfest? would 20ft be enough?

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone changed out the speakers on a Slugfest? Mine work, but their pretty bad....if so be great to know what you used

I haven't used them but they are one of the only options I have found. I may install them in the future so let me know if you get them and how they work.

http://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-back-box-speaker-kit-tr-11wh/

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I bought 25' and I had 5'+ left so I'd say you'd be good with 20'. Though I do think you should order a couple of extra feet, I didn't like how I cut a length running to the leg and was glad I had extra to redo it.

Thanks for the heads up

1 week later
#163 1 year ago

Kind of a random question, but is it ok to leave pins power switch on the "on" position and then turn on machines by flipping the power switch of a power strip? So you can power all machines on at once. Is this considered ok? My gut tells me no, but ive seen and heard of people doing this.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Justin,
Yes, you can do this.
The only issue is that if you have a lot of games/stuff on the same circuit, the inrush current of having all of them power up simultaneously may trip the power strip circuit breaker or home circuit breaker.
A pinball game draws probably 1 amp while sitting there and 2 or so when playing, so a 20 amp breaker (16 amp continuous) could possibly hold 6 or 7 games.
Inrush would be probably 4 amps for a short period, so 5 games for a 20 amp breaker.
Those numbers above are estimates with nothing else on the circuit.
The only way to know, is to try it.
Robert

Thanks

#169 1 year ago

I want to upgrade my lights to led. Does anyone have a list of all the bulbs? Color, size, buld type and location would be great.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I don't have a list, but here is what is in the manual:

They are type 555 on the playfield and the front of the playfield and mostly in the back box, but there are also a few type 47 in the BB
I put the same color LED in each insert as the insert color.
Robert

thats perfect bob!!! thank you. I was thinking about putting a color changing bulb in for the HOME RUN insert since its white. also was considering using color leds on the base paths, have it be gradient so its goes from light to dark. I'm not sure if that's what I want, what do you guys think?

1 week later
#178 1 year ago

for anyone wanting to add some light under the playfield plastics or anywhere for that matter, I have found that comet pinball has a perfect solution. The Matrix system is not only affordable but also extremely easy to install and use. It basically gives you total freedom when adding Light to your pin. they even sell a brightness adjuster. check em out here

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I put a white LED at the home run insert. It's OK, but since the insert is clear you can see the LED outline when it's off and see the LED when it's on. This will probably be an issue with any LED color.
I have been thinking of changing the home run insert color to "orange" and putting an orange LED there.
I have the first version, which Slugfest version do you have? The easy way to tell is in the second version, the upper playfield “Double” inserts are orange, not blue.
Robert

I have the 1st edition

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

very slick....got my new SlugFest speakers today. That combined with Bob's help I'll get them installed this weekend

What setup did you end up going with?

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Did you put your new decals on yet?
Robert

Not yet, probably wont happen for a while. That project got pushed way back with the move. Also im picking up a Gottlieb Dragon this tuseday as well. So ill be busy for awhile

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow they just came out with a color DMD for SlugFest....yes pricey relative to what the game is worth, but u can always remove and use on another game...ordered mine today

I sent them a bunch oh emails bugging them to make slugfest!!!! I even enlisted a few other people for my cause! Looks like it worked!!!! oh happy day! make sure you post videos!!

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow they just came out with a color DMD for SlugFest....yes pricey relative to what the game is worth, but u can always remove and use on another game...ordered mine today

did you go with LCD or LED?

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am curious about owning Slugfest and am wondering does it hold up in a small collection or is it more of a novelty?

its a great drinking with the buddies game. its only 2 players and a full nine innings, sometimes can end up being a long game. But as far as pitch and bats go, this one is hands down the best. its not very fun to play by yourself, but I have a blast quick pitching my drunk buddies! and the boo button never gets old lol. I'm not a kid but I still squeal with joy everytime I get a baseball card. This is the pin that all the non-pinball people that come over want to play.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Hopefully everyone will enjoy seeing their orange ghost-runners turn into real runners.
[quoted image]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

#200 1 year ago

Post 200!!!!!! In only 75 days!!! This thread is a total slugfest!!

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I set mine to 5 innings

I normally ring up 3 inning's and will add more if need be. If its close or if we are just having a blast, we will add a few more. Its not uncommon for us to end up playing a full 9. but I have found that 3 is a good place to start.

#205 1 year ago

I just put these bad boys on slugfest today. Pingulps from pinball life, and decals off etsy. Thinking about putting led strips in cup holders to make em pop.

20180729_200050 (resized).jpg20180729_200059 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#279 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've been thinking/working on doing a possible re-theme too Slugfest cabinet art...I started with the Oakland A's.
Here is a bit of background and lettering. Still working to design an entire side. Nice comments welcome!
Robert
[quoted image]

you could rename the game to Ricky Henderson StealFest, at Ricky Henderson Field. I thought about doing the same thing to mine but Detroit tigers. Keep us posted!

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The front of your game is like mine, no graphics. Some games have graphics on the front, not sure if it was an add on or a change during manufacturing.
Robert
Pic of a game I got off the internet with front graphics:
[quoted image]

Mine also came without Front graphics. looks like it was just painted.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

For all who are interested. I spoke to Planetary today, and they told me new SlugFest decals are on order, and should be available for purchase soon.

as in the Full cabinet decals?

1 week later
#309 1 year ago

I've used mad a few times with no problems.

1 week later
#325 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where in the settings can you adjust the game to stop at 9 innings? My game just keeps going to 11,12,13,etc.. innings

are they tied games?

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I need a card chute too.
Somebody must have a card chute that we could use as a pattern to make one (basically a box, but it'd be nice to make it look like an original).
Anybody ....

you could rig one up very easily with a thick card stock. it is a very simple design

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

No the game isn’t tied, and seems like the game never ends. My two kids were playing it and they were in the 17 inning.

Go in into Feature settings (A2), go down to setting number 19 (max innings) and change that to 9. then while still in Feature settings go down to setting number 25 and make sure that is not set to "extra innings".

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Go in into Feature settings (A2), go down to setting number 19 (max innings) and change that to 9. then while still in Feature settings go down to setting number 25 and make sure that is not set to "extra innings".

Also go to Setting number 31 (in A2 still) and make sure it is set to NO

1 month later
#392 1 year ago

ok fellas its time for World Series predictions. I think its gona come down to the Red Soxs Vs the brewers. Soxs winning the whole thing.

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys, How many of you need card chutes?? I have an original that I can copy and make up a few metal spares as the original. If we can get a rough count will whip some up in next week or two to satisfy demand.

4 weeks later
#439 11 months ago
Quoted from bigjdrum:

Happy (Almost) Friday!
I found this gem while going through boxes of baseball cards for our SlugFest. (Totally forgot we did this, but was able to find the original file to attach.)
For those looking for some over-21 fun, allow me to introduce our SlugFest DRINKING GAME.
We created and then printed out a few copies of the attached cards on decent card stock and then randomly mixed them in with the regular baseball cards for the game.
Whenever a batter would earn cards, the pitcher would have to drink whatever the card said. (We would generally play in teams to get more people involved.)
Just a heads up that you might want to remove these cards after you're done playing the drinking game because the image on the cards might not be suitable for everyone.
[quoted image]

dude that is so cool, i can't believe i didn't think of that! great idea, can't wait to put my spin on this one!

1 week later
#454 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

slugfest A-14287 is not readily available as far as I know, you'll probably need to make one
Pinball Resource sells 6” X 12” Tempered Blue Spring Steel Ramp Flap Material, .004” Thick...you could use for fabrication.
Robert

I belive this is the same flap used on other pitch and bats. I belive i saw them for sale on pinball resource.

2 weeks later
#500 10 months ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hoping someone out there is familiar with troubleshooting the card dispenser.
My card dispenser is installed and activated within the settings.
It ONLY dispenses cards (5) on the first hit home run......thats it. Nothing happens again until the game is reset. The light only comes on in the card dispenser after that first home run but does not come on when the game is first started.
The button within the card dispenser does nothing before or after that first home run is hit.
I don't see any adjustments or further tests within the software.
Any ideas on this? Any other ways to test it that are straightforward?
Thanks!

you can adjust that in the settings

5 months later
#629 5 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

Anyone know who sells the entire set of push buttons? I saw MAD has a listing...but is out of stock since I started looking over a month ago.
Any other companies/places sell the complete set?

Ebay has each button sold separately. Not a good deal, but probably your only chance.

4 weeks later
#638 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Time to change out balls...what size do I order?

Marco's sells them here. I put a few more then recommended in, to help ensure they don't become fully magnetized.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB34

1 week later
#661 4 months ago
Quoted from JanS:

The game instructions vinyl overlay on Slugfest. These don't appear to being reproduced. Would there be any interest in them? I'm going to make one for my Slugfest and could make more if anyone is interested? Let me know.

Talk to the OP since he already made a batch and might have some advice. I got one of his and was happy with the results.

#665 4 months ago
Quoted from JanS:

I'll post a picture when it's finished. I'm not going to put the Williams name on it to avoid legal trouble. May do more spectators like box seats behind the plate. Probably $20.00 + shipping.

Mine is not broken but if you make it look sweet with fans in the crowd I might want one

1 week later
#670 3 months ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Is there an art-blade options for this title? So much open space for bleachers and fans on an art blades.

The OP was working on some. I don't know if he finished it. The trouble would be matching up the art styles. Since the art style used is so iconic.

3 weeks later
#688 86 days ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Does anyone know where to get an overlay from? Everywhere seems to be out of stock.

for the front by the buttons? if so contact the creator of this thread and see if he has any left over.

2 weeks later
#703 71 days ago
Quoted from JanS:

Did a modification on my Slugfest. Made a control panel like the original pitch and bats had. No more worries with the crack of death on the rounded edge.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks soooooo good. How much time and effort did it take?

#705 70 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

You should sell these!

I'd buy one!

1 week later
#711 59 days ago

Does anyone know what the size is for the cam lock on the card dispenser. Asking for a friend
OR, if anyone has an extra lock that fits that I could buy off of them.

Most cam locks can be "fiddled with" in order to get them to fit. I will check later tonight and see that mine has in it.

#714 58 days ago

Thank you I have an extra one from an older coin door but I didn’t think it was possible to get it in there.

I took a quick look at mine last night. It looks like a pain to change, good luck.

1 week later
#716 49 days ago

I saw this thread about the optos for the ramp. Could be useful

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-finicky-ramp#post-5179830

1 week later
#723 42 days ago
Quoted from daveinkazoo:

What kind of O rings are used on the card dispenser pinch roller?

I'm not home otherwise I could look at what i got. There is a thread on pinside of a guy that does a full restore of a slugfest. He lists what he used on it. The problem is getting access to the mech, unless you plan on disassembling the whole mech, very time consuming, your gona be out of luck. I almost broke mine trying to work around it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 28.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twoheartedmale.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside