1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 756 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 175 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190921_154205851 (resized).jpg
IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
CF63EC90-A930-4F1D-88B0-2BE2DD5A7EA6 (resized).jpeg
56F86916-74BE-4FA1-BDFD-E5BE709380DA (resized).jpeg
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG
DSCF0666 (resized).JPG
DSCF0661 (resized).JPG
20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
20181019_130809 (resized).jpg
20190727_081637 (resized).jpg
20190720_172139 (resized).jpg
buttons (resized).JPG
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0660 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

I recently picked one up at the allentown show and have it at my buddy's place until I get some more room...couldn't resist snagging one at a great price so now I'm in the club. I'm waiting for the control panel overlay decal to come back in stock at either Marco or Planetary.

If anyone has replaced their control panel overlay, I'd love to know the process you used to remove the old one and install the new. I don't have experience doing decal work so I'd love some advice.

2 weeks later
#25 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The P/N of the 10 buttons on the control panel are as follows:

A: 20-9663-A-6
B: 20-9663-A-5
C: 20-9663-A-4
D: 20-9663-A-3
E: 2O-9663-C-3
F: 20-9663-A-1
G: 2O-9663-A-2
H: 2O-9663-C-1
J: 20-9663-9-1
K: 2O-9663-C-2

Now I need to unpack the replacement buttons I bought and see if I got hosed as well

1 year later
#692 86 days ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Could someone PM the dimensions the art blades would need to be? I’m going to start working on a set.

I'd definitely be interested in a set if you end up making em

#693 86 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

LED’s in. Nice drastic change[quoted image][quoted image]

What type of bulbs are they (44 or 555)? What led type did you use? My slugfest is being stored at my buddy's place otherwise I'd just look for myself. I want to order LEDs and bring them to his place the next time I head over there (he's a few hours away from me).

If anyone mapped out the bulbs to know how many and which type that info would be greatly appreciated

#696 85 days ago

Did anyone map out the bulbs and could share? My machine is a few hours away and I'd like to buy the LEDs I need and then head over and install them. Really appreciate the info

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#713 61 days ago

Any updates on the sideblades? My machines could certainly use them

1 month later
#742 9 days ago

Need some help working through three different issues on my slugfest

1) One of my target assemblies either needs to be replaced or removed and fixed. When the ball hits it solidly, the target gets stuck and doesn't spring back into place. I have to take the glass off and manually pull the target back into the normal standing position. How do you remove one of these target assemblies and any advice as to how to fix it? I'm not even sure how to get access to that area to remove it

2) I just installed LEDs in all of the control panel buttons as well as replaced on of the buttons. Now, they all light except for the 4 pitch buttons. I visually checked for a disconnected or broken wire and also reseated the two main connectors. Any additional thoughts on what could be wrong or what to look for to diagnose?

3) Even with a really solid hit straight up the middle with the ramp up, the ball will clip/hit the blue plastic and doesn't make it high enough to make it into the stands for the home run. I lowered the playfield angle to 6.5. The bat mech seems to have plenty of power otherwise. Perhaps the ramp isn't raising high enough?

Sorry for the lengthy post but would certainly appreciate recommendations/advice.

Thanks!

#744 8 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Take off the glass and the entire bank of switches slides forward like a drawer for repair or removal. I recall it is just held by some screws on each end.

You can tell the bat is working well if you hit a ball solidly, and it often makes a "wack" noise when hitting/missing the targets. Assuming the bat is fine, the front of the ramp flap attaches under the playfield. I installed a 1mm or 0.5mm washer there between the underside of the playfield and the part of the flap that attaches. That makes the angle of the ramp steeper when up, and able to get homers.

Really appreciate the advice on both fronts!

#746 4 days ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Remove the 2 metal clips on the sides of the bleachers. Then you can pull out the bleacher assembly which will give you access to the target switches and lights.

The pitch buttons are all daisy chained GI. If one wire breaks loose on the chain or connector they will all go out. Carefully trace the wires and look for a break in the chain.

This was my problem too. The cam that lifts the ramp wears down ever so slightly over time. Marco has replacement cams. I rebuilt my ramp with a new cam and that fixed the problem. See my ramp fix video above. Now my problem is the fans in the stands keep throwing the ball back!

Really appreciate the insights!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 21.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside