IMG_8232 (resized).jpeg
798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Thank you for the video. You already started drinking this morning?

Yikes..251 posts!

1 hand holding cell phone and other hand pushing both pitch & bat buttons...a pretty good job if I say so myself, which I just did.

#252 5 years ago

Had some spare time this weekend to make an animated gif example of before / after ColorDMD of Slugfest. Shows the display fading from orange ghostrunners to real runners
When I attached it - PinSide converted to a png. Is there a way to post a gif?

SF_Slide_movie (resized).pngSF_Slide_movie (resized).pngSlideColor - Copy (resized).JPGSlideColor - Copy (resized).JPG

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

When I attached it - PinSide converted to a png. Is there a way to post a gif?

Try "Original size no scaling"

Robert

#254 5 years ago

Additional Video...

Robert

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Additional Video...
Robert

Your video is not available.

#256 5 years ago

Your video is not available.

Try now...

#257 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing. The video looks really good and sharp this time.

#258 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing. The video looks really good and sharp this time.

I'll have another short video in about an hour.

Robert

#259 5 years ago

In the mean time, I'm likely to fresh my screen 50 times.

#260 5 years ago

I changed the baseball cards to Oakland A's and SF Giants Graphics...pic is a bit grainy but viewable.

Robert

Snapshot 1 (8-6-2018 8-56 AM) (resized).pngSnapshot 1 (8-6-2018 8-56 AM) (resized).png

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I changed the baseball cards to Oakland A's and SF Giants Graphics...pic is a bit grainy but viewable.
Robert
[quoted image]

Bob - Did you add the lights behind the netting? I don't have those and its a great idea to add

#262 5 years ago

Short clip...

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Bob - Did you add the lights behind the netting? I don't have those and its a great idea to add

They are standard...you have them on your game, but perhaps burned out or a wire broken.

You can access them by opening the back of the machine and they are on the back board right there, 3 or 4 sockets and lamps.

Robert

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

They are standard...you have them on your game, but perhaps burned out or a wire broken.
You can access them by opening the back of the machine and they are on the back board right there, 3 or 4 sockets and lamps.
Robert

Yep...spot on...all three of mine were out....surprised I missed those...all fixed now

thanks

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yep...spot on...all three of mine were out....surprised I missed those...all fixed now thanks

"Good Job Bob!"

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Had some spare time this weekend to make an animated gif example of before / after ColorDMD of Slugfest. Shows the display fading from orange ghostrunners to real runners
[quoted image][quoted image]

2nd try

SF_Slide_movie.gifSF_Slide_movie.gif
#267 5 years ago

Yes, quite a difference in how the players look in color!

Robert

#268 5 years ago

SlugFest Easter Egg of sorts.
Team names are colored in white - for the most part...
Not sure if anybody noticed in MrSanRamon's video, the GIANTS team name is colored orange*.
The MLB team names will dynamically change colors to match the team (I need to verify that).
I think it's the first ColorDMD title to change the colors on-the-fly.
Here's a what they look like.

*on MrSanRamon machine, A'S is white because there are spaces in front of the name to center it. Take the spaces out and see if that fixes it.

Giants_v_As.JPGGiants_v_As.JPGSF_MLB_optimizedMovie.gifSF_MLB_optimizedMovie.gif
#269 5 years ago

That's cool.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

*on MrSanRamon machine, A'S is white because there are spaces in front of the name to center it. Take the spaces out and see if that fixes it.

Interesting...

Robert

IMG_20180807_080638 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_080638 (resized).jpg

#271 5 years ago

very cool !

#272 5 years ago

I've been thinking/working on doing a possible re-theme too Slugfest cabinet art...I started with the Oakland A's.

Here is a bit of background and lettering. Still working to design an entire side. Nice comments welcome!

Robert

As proto (resized).jpgAs proto (resized).jpg

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've been thinking/working on doing a possible re-theme too Slugfest cabinet art...I started with the Oakland A's.
Here is a bit of background and lettering. Still working to design an entire side. Nice comments welcome!
Robert
[quoted image]

A's on one side and the Giants on the other Adding some the great players to the art work would be cool along with the world series wins for both teams

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Here is a bit of background and lettering. [quoted image]

Great idea - I'd probably make it more generic in case I ever sell mine - but it's a good idea to dress up a SlugFest that way !

#275 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to slow the fastball down? My friends and I used to have epic battles (close to 100 runs for the winner). After cleaning the machine, we struggle to score 50.

The big culprit seems to be an extremely fast fastball. I don’t know if my playfield is too slick or something went wrong while ai was messing around with the playfield. Does anyone have any suggestions? We had a lot more fun when more runs were scored. Thank you

#276 5 years ago

If this guy was watching the Slugfest thread - he'd say "Play Better!"
It might not be a pitching problem. Have you checked the batting mech - you may have worn it out with that many runs per game!

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.55.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.55.26 PM (resized).png
#277 5 years ago

I’m pretty sure it’s a pitching issue! The fastball is ridiculously fast after I cleaned off the playfield. Seriously, you almost need to swing right when the pitch comes out! I don’t believe the angle was changed at all.

1 other question.... how often can you guys throw out a stealing base runner? I’m about 2 for 50. None of my friends has ever been successful when playing each other. It almost seems unfair. Is this “to be expected”, “a setting that can be changed” or “possible issue with the throw out runner button”. I’m the only one that has ever thrown a runner out. I have amazing reflexes. Comes from working with special education students for 15 years!

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I’m pretty sure it’s a pitching issue! The fastball is ridiculously fast after I cleaned off the playfield. Seriously, you almost need to swing right when the pitch comes out! I don’t believe the angle was changed at all.
1 other question.... how often can you guys throw out a stealing base runner? I’m about 2 for 50. None of my friends has ever been successful when playing each other. It almost seems unfair. Is this “to be expected”, “a setting that can be changed” or “possible issue with the throw out runner button”. I’m the only one that has ever thrown a runner out. I have amazing reflexes. Comes from working with special education students for 15 years!

You might have to adjust the ball flap on the play field? Try bending it down a little which should slow down the ball.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert
[quoted image]

you could rename the game to Ricky Henderson StealFest, at Ricky Henderson Field. I thought about doing the same thing to mine but Detroit tigers. Keep us posted!

#280 5 years ago

Some pics of my Slugfest work in progress - all new LED's, new trim and added new legs painted to match the trim A few more things to do but getting better every week

IMG_20180807_170453 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170453 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170509 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170509 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170523 (resized).jpgIMG_20180807_170523 (resized).jpg
#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

how often can you guys throw out a stealing base runner? I’m about 2 for 50.

There is a setting for stealing in the menu...I haven't adjusted it myself but it is called "Liberal Steals" and there is a number to adjust.

From manual: A.2 06 Liberal Steals

The operator chooses how easy "Steal Bases" occur until this feature will be made "hard".

The choices are:
0 = (conservative) Start hard.
1-50 = Wait 1-50 (liberal) steals until being hard.

My game is set at 3, I think.

Robert

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

The big culprit seems to be an extremely fast fastball. I don’t know if my playfield is too slick or something went wrong while ai was messing around with the playfield.

After cleaning everything, mine is very fast too. I guess that's way it's call a "fast ball".

It's a motor with gears and an arm, there is no way to adjust easily.

I suppose that you could put a resistor in series with the motor...but that would affect all of the pitches.

Robert

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Some pics of my Slugfest work in progress

The front of your game is like mine, no graphics. Some games have graphics on the front, not sure if it was an add on or a change during manufacturing.

Robert

Pic of a game I got off the internet with front graphics:

slugfest09 (resized).jpgslugfest09 (resized).jpg

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Some pics of my Slugfest work in progress - all new LED's, new trim and added new legs painted to match the trim A few more things to do but getting better every week
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your side art looks really nice (almost no fade)....if u install a new CPO it would look great. Those CPO's all fail at the exact same location (right at the bullnose). When you remove the decal you'll see why

#285 5 years ago

Bob -

Not sure if your interested, but I did save the backing (has all the holes) of my NOS control panel overlay. I figured we might need it to mark the new holes in the ones you made? I understand you can just install and then cut the holes later, but I think having the holes precut really helps with perfect alignment.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your side art looks really nice (almost no fade)....if u install a new CPO it would look great. Those CPO's all fail at the exact same location (right at the bullnose). When you remove the decal you'll see why

The side art being in such good shape is what sold me on this machine. I have to say I am having as much fun, maybe more, fixing it all up than playing it. It really is best with two people and so far a good game with a group of people over.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

The side art being in such good shape is what sold me on this machine. I have to say I am having as much fun, maybe more, fixing it all up than playing it. It really is best with two people and so far a good game with a group of people over.

I couldn't agree more...its a really fun 2 player game. My kids love that aspect of the game. You should really consider replacing the CPO decal. It would match up perfectly with your side art....my game has the front decal, which I think adds to the look of the game. That being said after I changed the CPO decal the front art looks really faded...Im wondering if early run machines didn't have the decal or possibly they were later runs that didnt have the decal for some reason?

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The front of your game is like mine, no graphics. Some games have graphics on the front, not sure if it was an add on or a change during manufacturing.
Robert
Pic of a game I got off the internet with front graphics:
[quoted image]

Mine also came without Front graphics. looks like it was just painted.

#289 5 years ago

For all who are interested. I spoke to Planetary today, and they told me new SlugFest decals are on order, and should be available for purchase soon.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

For all who are interested. I spoke to Planetary today, and they told me new SlugFest decals are on order, and should be available for purchase soon.

as in the Full cabinet decals?

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

as in the Full cabinet decals?

Yep...backbox-2 , side decals -2, front decal - 1

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I spoke to Planetary today, and they told me new SlugFest decals are on order, and should be available for purchase soon.

They told me that too, over 2 months ago...

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

There is a setting for stealing in the menu...I haven't adjusted it myself but it is called "Liberal Steals" and there is a number to adjust.
From manual: A.2 06 Liberal Steals
The operator chooses how easy "Steal Bases" occur until this feature will be made "hard".
The choices are:
0 = (conservative) Start hard.
1-50 = Wait 1-50 (liberal) steals until being hard.
My game is set at 3, I think.
Robert

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
-Jerry

#294 5 years ago

Getting ready to install my CP overlay...hopefully later this week.

Robert

IMG_20180812_091134 (resized).jpgIMG_20180812_091134 (resized).jpg

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Getting ready to install my CP overlay...hopefully later this week.
Robert
[quoted image]

Good luck....I would highly suggest using your NOS decal to mark and align the holes during install....

#296 5 years ago

Has anyone recreated the button inserts?

#297 5 years ago

Has anyone replaced their cabinet decals yet?

If so, can you give us a tutorial on how you did it?

Thanks

Robert

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Has anyone recreated the button inserts?

I just bought new buttons instead of trying to replace the inserts.

Like I said in post #63, if you buy new buttons you get all new parts. I broke a lot of my button assemblies, trying to get them apart.

Again, I suggest you get them here: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=110

Robert

#299 5 years ago

I read somewhere that you can install new decals over old ones.

You use bondo to fill in any imperfections then sand smooth, essentially like you would do if you removed the existing artwork.

Then paint the repaired, smooth surface with a couple coats of gloss black (maybe blue on Slugfest?). This will give a smooth surface for the decal to stick to and hide any of the old artwork.

Install the new decal.

I haven't put any decals over old, but I did put decals over painted wood on a retheme I'm doing. I used the wet method and had someone help me. The first side we did vertical (cabinet sitting on saw horses) and that was a mistake. The second side we did with the game on its side, that went much better. (pic here of a finished side: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-night-rider-ss-re-theme/page/2#post-4537275)

When I redo the cabinet decals on my Slugfest, I think I'll give the "new-over-old" technique a try. At least, I can see if it looks feasible after some sanding on one side. If it doesn't look like this will work, I can just remove them like most people do.

Any thoughts on this?

Robert

#300 5 years ago

Hi All You Slugfester's,
I finally received some new Topps Baseball Cards from 1990 and loaded up the hopper. This thing works great spits them out just like it is supposed to. I thought I had a line on the buttons however looks like MAD Amusements won't ship to Canada and Marco has no stock. Does anyone know an alternate supplier??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%E2%80%A6-gone/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.