798E11EC-241D-4BC7-8013-F64C3A28736D (resized).jpeg
20230904_102325 (resized).jpg
20230904_102317 (resized).jpg
20230904_104024 (resized).jpg
340094960_150912154309221_1307969109799909374_n (resized).jpg
00015 (resized).jpg
20230219_144799 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230219_215550293 (resized).jpg

There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 5 years ago

Wow...151 posts!

Robert

#152 5 years ago

I took the stadium lights off today, they are just too bright for me.

I put a coat of white on them and will try later to see if that dimmed them enough to be acceptable.

Robert

IMG_20180701_103404 (resized).jpgIMG_20180701_103404 (resized).jpg

#153 5 years ago

I got a paint match today for the cabinet, in gloss, semi-gloss and flat. They're not perfect, but they are really close.

Robert

Paint (resized).jpgPaint (resized).jpg

#154 5 years ago

Thats great Robert...what are you going to paint? In my ideal world I'd paint the inside walls on my cabinet, and then touch of a few other places. I wonder what would look best on the inside (gloss, semi gloss, or flat)?

I replaced my RED T molding over the weekend, and it looks great

#155 5 years ago

I made a better 4" to 5" speaker adapter today for the RHS BB speaker.

I don't want to cut a larger hole in the speaker panel so I made this one with T-nuts. If someone wants me to, I'll post my sketch.

Robert

RHS Backbox Speaker Adapter Attached 2 (resized).jpgRHS Backbox Speaker Adapter Attached 2 (resized).jpg

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Thats great Robert...what are you going to paint?

Not going to paint anything right now. I wanted to get a few types to see how close I could get and see how they look.

In the areas on the outside I'd probably paint with gloss and on the inside I'd probably paint with semi-gloss.

Robert

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I took the stadium lights off today, they are just too bright for me.

I believe they have a app to set the brightness and color. They were too bright at low setting?? Check in the pin stadium tread for help.

If necessary, I would cover some of the strip with some tape to cut the brightness, which could be removed if I moved them to another game later.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Check in the pin stadium tread

I made mine myself, out of parts bought on Amazon and Home Depot...not a "PinStadium" product.

Robert

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I made mine myself, out of parts bought on Amazon and Home Depot...not a "PinStadium" product.
Robert

Yeah I go for the warm white LEDs, but one set I bought was SUPER bright sunshine. If you buy a set with a remote then you can control the brightness and color - even though I stick with white, sometimes a game does need a brightness control.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I made a better 4" to 5" speaker adapter today for the RHS BB speaker.
I don't want to cut a larger hole in the speaker panel so I made this one with T-nuts. If someone wants me to, I'll post my sketch.
Robert

This looks very clean....great work Bob...I'm going to order your suggested setup today....

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This looks very clean....great work Bob...I'm going to order your suggested setup today....

Pat,

I'll make you a couple adapters, bring over one of your 5" speakers, so I can do the final drilling using it as a template.

You can pick the adapters up when you come to get the CP overlay and manual, if you still want them.

Justin emailed me last night that he finally got his CP overlay I sent him. He said "The overlay is amazing, better then expected". I also sent him some preliminary installation instructions. Hopefully he will get back to us as to how he did his installation and how it went.

Robert

#162 5 years ago

sounds great Bob....I'm heading out of town tomorrow for 8 days fishing in Alaska. I'll touch base when I return

#163 5 years ago

Kind of a random question, but is it ok to leave pins power switch on the "on" position and then turn on machines by flipping the power switch of a power strip? So you can power all machines on at once. Is this considered ok? My gut tells me no, but ive seen and heard of people doing this.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

is it ok to leave pins power switch on the "on" position and then turn on machines by flipping the power switch of a power strip? So you can power all machines on at once.

Justin,

Yes, you can do this.

The only issue is that if you have a lot of games/stuff on the same circuit, the inrush current of having all of them power up simultaneously may trip the power strip circuit breaker or home circuit breaker.

A pinball game draws probably 1 amp while sitting there and 2 or so when playing, so a 20 amp breaker (16 amp continuous) could possibly hold 6 or 7 games.

Inrush would be probably 4 amps for a short period, so 5 games for a 20 amp breaker.

Those numbers above are estimates with nothing else on the circuit.

The only way to know, is to try it.

Robert

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Justin,
Yes, you can do this.
The only issue is that if you have a lot of games/stuff on the same circuit, the inrush current of having all of them power up simultaneously may trip the power strip circuit breaker or home circuit breaker.
A pinball game draws probably 1 amp while sitting there and 2 or so when playing, so a 20 amp breaker (16 amp continuous) could possibly hold 6 or 7 games.
Inrush would be probably 4 amps for a short period, so 5 games for a 20 amp breaker.
Those numbers above are estimates with nothing else on the circuit.
The only way to know, is to try it.
Robert

Thanks

#166 5 years ago

My second proto topper decal.

Robert

IMG_20180709_142549 (resized).jpgIMG_20180709_142549 (resized).jpg

#167 5 years ago

Key Chain...

Key Fob Rev (resized).jpgKey Fob Rev (resized).jpg

#168 5 years ago

When I got my machine, I tried to adjust the playfield slope to 7 degrees (per the manual) and couldn't get 6.

So I bought 2, 31-inch legs from pinball life and put them on the back.

Now I'm set at 7 degrees.

Robert

#169 5 years ago

I want to upgrade my lights to led. Does anyone have a list of all the bulbs? Color, size, buld type and location would be great.

#170 5 years ago

I want to upgrade my lights to led. Does anyone have a list of all the bulbs? Color, size, buld type and location would be great.

I don't have a list, but here is what is in the manual:

Williams_1991_SlugFest_First_Model_Operations_Manual OCR 97 (resized).jpgWilliams_1991_SlugFest_First_Model_Operations_Manual OCR 97 (resized).jpg

They are type 555 on the playfield and the front of the playfield and mostly in the back box, but there are also a few type 47 in the BB

I put the same color LED in each insert as the insert color.

Robert

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I don't have a list, but here is what is in the manual:

They are type 555 on the playfield and the front of the playfield and mostly in the back box, but there are also a few type 47 in the BB
I put the same color LED in each insert as the insert color.
Robert

thats perfect bob!!! thank you. I was thinking about putting a color changing bulb in for the HOME RUN insert since its white. also was considering using color leds on the base paths, have it be gradient so its goes from light to dark. I'm not sure if that's what I want, what do you guys think?

#172 5 years ago

I have LEDs in many pins, but I left mostly incandescent in Slugfest, except I put 4 blue LED for the 4 "double" inserts because those were too dark, and the LEDs were needed there.

I also put some cool white LED in the apron area above the bat, so it was bright enough to see the pitch coming.

It's personal preference. If I remove or don't use some, I label and put them in the LED drawer, and they will be used in the next pin.

#173 5 years ago

I was thinking about putting a color changing bulb in for the HOME RUN insert since its white.

I put a white LED at the home run insert. It's OK, but since the insert is clear you can see the LED outline when it's off and see the LED when it's on. This will probably be an issue with any LED color.

I have been thinking of changing the home run insert color to "orange" and putting an orange LED there.

I have the first version, which Slugfest version do you have? The easy way to tell is in the second version, the upper playfield “Double” inserts are orange, not blue.

Robert

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I put a white LED at the home run insert. It's OK, but since the insert is clear you can see the LED outline when it's off and see the LED when it's on. This will probably be an issue with any LED color.
I have been thinking of changing the home run insert color to "orange" and putting an orange LED there.
I have the first version, which Slugfest version do you have? The easy way to tell is in the second version, the upper playfield “Double” inserts are orange, not blue.
Robert

Mine are blue so I guess mine is a first edition...good to know...new speakers land here on Friday. For some reason it took them 3 days to ship?

#175 5 years ago

Don't bother putting LEDs in that area behind home plate - behind that white plastic under the control panel. LEDs there will reflect BADLY off the DMD and you'll need to crouch lower to be able to see the DMD clearly. Unless you're short, then you'll probably ok. But even if so, you'll see those LEDs reflect off the DMD from anywhere in the room.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

behind that white plastic under the control panel

I added 4 cool white frosted LEDs in the center there, which aided in seeing the pitch and never noticed reflections on the DMD. (and I am not that short!) Maybe being frosted helped diffuse it.

#177 5 years ago

We have all LEDs in our SF and I see no glare but the PF is lit beautifully.

#178 5 years ago

for anyone wanting to add some light under the playfield plastics or anywhere for that matter, I have found that comet pinball has a perfect solution. The Matrix system is not only affordable but also extremely easy to install and use. It basically gives you total freedom when adding Light to your pin. they even sell a brightness adjuster. check em out here

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

I have the 1st edition

#180 5 years ago

for anyone wanting to add some light under the playfield plastics or anywhere for that matter, I have found that comet pinball has a perfect solution. The Matrix system is not only affordable but also extremely easy to install and use. It basically gives you total freedom when adding Light to your pin. they even sell a brightness adjuster. check em out here
http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

very slick....got my new SlugFest speakers today. That combined with Bob's help I'll get them installed this weekend

#181 5 years ago

I have the 1st edition

Did you put your new decals on yet?

Robert

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

very slick....got my new SlugFest speakers today. That combined with Bob's help I'll get them installed this weekend

What setup did you end up going with?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Did you put your new decals on yet?
Robert

Not yet, probably wont happen for a while. That project got pushed way back with the move. Also im picking up a Gottlieb Dragon this tuseday as well. So ill be busy for awhile

#184 5 years ago

Picked up a decent Slugfest this week. Needs a bit of work but solid machine. Does anyone know when any of the suppliers will be running the control panel overlay??

IMG_20180722_123044 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123044 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123054 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123054 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123312 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_123312 (resized).jpg
#185 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Picked up a decent Slugfest this week. Needs a bit of work but solid machine. Does anyone know when any of the suppliers will be running the control panel overlay??

PPS told me that no one was remaking them that they knew of, which is why I made a few.

Robert

#186 5 years ago

I gave PTownPin the paint I had mixed...waiting to hear how they match/work out.

If they are good, I can post the codes.

Robert

#187 5 years ago

Wow they just came out with a color DMD for SlugFest....yes pricey relative to what the game is worth, but u can always remove and use on another game...ordered mine today

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow they just came out with a color DMD for SlugFest....yes pricey relative to what the game is worth, but u can always remove and use on another game...ordered mine today

I may have to wait and see a video of this one.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I sent them a bunch oh emails bugging them to make slugfest!!!! I even enlisted a few other people for my cause! Looks like it worked!!!! oh happy day! make sure you post videos!!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

did you go with LCD or LED?

#191 5 years ago

did you go with LCD or LED?

I went with the LED https://www.colordmd.com/led.html ...my other games have the LCD, but with Slugfest this one made more sense. I also changed out the speakers per Bob's recommendation and what a difference....next task is to tackle the control panel overlay...looks like a pain in the rear

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I went with the LED https://www.colordmd.com/led.html ...my other games have the LCD, but with Slugfest this one made more sense. I also changed out the speakers per Bob's recommendation and what a difference....next task is to tackle the control panel overlay...looks like a pain in the rear

Do you have a link to those speakers?

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Check out post #135 of this thread...I ordered mine from Newark...it was like $50 for the three speakers. I looked into pinball pro, but spending $150 seemed like overkill for Slugfest.

#194 5 years ago

Hopefully everyone will enjoy seeing their orange ghost-runners turn into real runners.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.33.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.33.17 PM (resized).png
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Posts 138 & 144 have the P/N if you want to get them at Newark.

Robert

#196 5 years ago

I am curious about owning Slugfest and am wondering does it hold up in a small collection or is it more of a novelty?

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I am curious about owning Slugfest and am wondering does it hold up in a small collection or is it more of a novelty?

its a great drinking with the buddies game. its only 2 players and a full nine innings, sometimes can end up being a long game. But as far as pitch and bats go, this one is hands down the best. its not very fun to play by yourself, but I have a blast quick pitching my drunk buddies! and the boo button never gets old lol. I'm not a kid but I still squeal with joy everytime I get a baseball card. This is the pin that all the non-pinball people that come over want to play.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Hopefully everyone will enjoy seeing their orange ghost-runners turn into real runners.
[quoted image]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

#199 5 years ago

its a great drinking with the buddies game. its only 2 players and a full nine innings, sometimes can end up being a long game. But as far as pitch and bats go, this one is hands down the best. its not very fun to play by yourself, but I have a blast quick pitching my drunk buddies! and the boo button never gets old lol. I'm not a kid but I still squeal with joy everytime I get a baseball card. This is the pin that all the non-pinball
people that come over want to play.

I set mine to 5 innings

#200 5 years ago

Post 200!!!!!! In only 75 days!!! This thread is a total slugfest!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,539 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-club-back-back-back-back%E2%80%A6-gone/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.