1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 731 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 174 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
CF63EC90-A930-4F1D-88B0-2BE2DD5A7EA6 (resized).jpeg
56F86916-74BE-4FA1-BDFD-E5BE709380DA (resized).jpeg
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG
DSCF0666 (resized).JPG
DSCF0661 (resized).JPG
20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
20181019_130809 (resized).jpg
20190727_081637 (resized).jpg
20190720_172139 (resized).jpg
buttons (resized).JPG
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0660 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG
B4680DFF-F485-416C-9F36-2AE89B295170 (resized).jpeg

There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 37 days ago

Did a modification on my Slugfest. Made a control panel like the original pitch and bats had. No more worries with the crack of death on the rounded edge.

DSCF0661 (resized).JPGDSCF0666 (resized).JPG
#702 37 days ago
Quoted from JanS:

Did a modification on my Slugfest. Made a control panel like the original pitch and bats had. No more worries with the crack of death on the rounded edge.

That's brilliant! I wish I did that before putting on my new overlay. Nice job!

#703 37 days ago
Quoted from JanS:

Did a modification on my Slugfest. Made a control panel like the original pitch and bats had. No more worries with the crack of death on the rounded edge.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks soooooo good. How much time and effort did it take?

#704 37 days ago

You should sell these!

#705 37 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

You should sell these!

I'd buy one!

#706 36 days ago

I had some 1/2 inch cabinet grade plywood laying around so I used it and cut it to the correct width and shape. I used the original to line up the hole positions on the back side. Then I cut a channel for the T molding. Bought a piece of Lexan and used the new control panel as the guide to cut it using a laminate bit in the router. I cut the lexan about a 1/2 inch over sized on all sides before trimming it with the router. Then using a hole saw I drilled through the back side 1/2 way so that just the drill bit punched through the Lexan. Then on the topside I used that hole as the guide to drill out each hole completely. Then I applied the overlay, trimmed it to size and cut out the holes for the buttons. Then I put the Lexan on the control panel installed the buttons and T molding using 2 small nails at the ends of the corners.. Probably about 4 hours total.

#707 36 days ago

PS I'll be selling CPO's made of vinyl that lays down with no bubbles and has a protective clear mylar top. Since they are not polycarbonate they will not crack like the originals do. The picture above of the CPO is the first sample that they made for me. I will also have the vinyl pitch and bat instructions decals too. They aren't like the originals because of the Williams trademark. They are the same bubble free vinyl. Probably $20.00 for it and $50.00 for the CPU or $60.00 for both + shipping. Here's the sample P & B instructions on mine.
DSCF0658 (resized).JPGDSCF0659 (resized).JPG

#708 35 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

You should sell these

I would buy one as well!

#709 34 days ago

I sent you a PM to purchase a control panel. I wish I had the equipment to make one and find what you created perfect! Will you be making the wood control panels available for purchase?

1 week later
#710 25 days ago

Does anyone know what the size is for the cam lock on the card dispenser. Asking for a friend

OR, if anyone has an extra lock that fits that I could buy off of them.

#711 25 days ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Does anyone know what the size is for the cam lock on the card dispenser. Asking for a friend
OR, if anyone has an extra lock that fits that I could buy off of them.

Most cam locks can be "fiddled with" in order to get them to fit. I will check later tonight and see that mine has in it.

#712 24 days ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Most cam locks can be "fiddled with" in order to get them to fit. I will check later tonight and see that mine has in it.

Thank you I have an extra one from an older coin door but I didn’t think it was possible to get it in there.

#713 24 days ago

Any updates on the sideblades? My machines could certainly use them

#714 24 days ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Thank you I have an extra one from an older coin door but I didn’t think it was possible to get it in there.

I took a quick look at mine last night. It looks like a pain to change, good luck.

#715 21 days ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I took a quick look at mine last night. It looks like a pain to change, good luck.

I appreciate you checking Fortunately, I was able to donate one that fit from another one of my machines. And you are correct, an absolute pain to change! Thanks again!

#716 15 days ago

I saw this thread about the optos for the ramp. Could be useful

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-finicky-ramp#post-5179830

#717 14 days ago

Ok so Im still new to forums as a rarely post so hopefully I selected the correct sub-forum.
My issues with Slugfest are as followed
When pitching a"fastball" I notice 1 issue for sure and maybe a second. The first is after the pitch leaves the flap it seems another ball gets stuck and holds the flap up (see picture), it sort of happens with the other pitches but the second ball hits the flap and but goes back down with the other pitches, Im safely assuming if I fix the fastball issue the others will be fixed too. The second possible issue is I dont think the pitches are being pitched correctly. Fastball pitches wide outside, change up seems to pitch fine (slow and down the middle), curve doesnt have any movement, screwball goes pretty much down the middle (could have sworn it cuts outside then back in)
The other issue is the far left target doesnt register on soft hits but does on harder hits, while all the other targets register on all hits
Wanted to get the communities opinion on what may be wrong before I go buying a bunch of parts I dont need.
Im assuming a magnet issue, opto or pitch mechanism issue.
If possible can links be given to where i can purchase the parts that you all suggest.
Thanks so much in advanced

56F86916-74BE-4FA1-BDFD-E5BE709380DA (resized).jpeg
#718 13 days ago

Does anyone have the cabinet dimensions Handy (Sides, Front, and backbox)?....Mirco stated he might make up some rad cals, which I think would look great on this game (plus u can install over the existing faded artwork thus saving a bunch of time).....my game is at the other house otherwise I'd do this myself...thanks

#719 12 days ago

An update to my earlier post #717

So I figured out some things.
1) the pitching mechanism is missing a screw and became loose probably in transit, bought new screw tightened, pitch no longer veers to the right and becomes unhittable
2) the green flap, was assembled wrong and is missing pieces the green flap is supposed to go over the little strip of metal and is held in place by pins. **(where can I buy these pins?) Awaiting arrival on the assembly.
3) I don't think the magnet is fully functional does have some magnetic capacity but overall dead, awaiting arrival on new magnet.

Does anyone know where I can buy the piece circled in blue, also does anyone know what the piece circled in red is for? (Not my images)

CF63EC90-A930-4F1D-88B0-2BE2DD5A7EA6 (resized).jpeg
#720 11 days ago

I'm new to this forum... apologies for not going through every post. I'm sure someone has asked this question before, but I'm looking for the card catcher. Does anyone know if these are still being produced, or where I can find one?

I will try to send pics of my game later.... I've had it for a few years. It's one-of-a-kind.

Thanks.

#721 11 days ago
Quoted from ibenaiah:

I'm new to this forum... apologies for not going through every post. I'm sure someone has asked this question before, but I'm looking for the card catcher. Does anyone know if these are still being produced, or where I can find one?
I will try to send pics of my game later.... I've had it for a few years. It's one-of-a-kind.
Thanks.

If you search this forum you'll find a guy that might make you a card chute....he made mine and it turned out great...basically their an exact replica of the original chute

#722 9 days ago

What kind of O rings are used on the card dispenser pinch roller?

#723 8 days ago
Quoted from daveinkazoo:

I'm not home otherwise I could look at what i got. There is a thread on pinside of a guy that does a full restore of a slugfest. He lists what he used on it. The problem is getting access to the mech, unless you plan on disassembling the whole mech, very time consuming, your gona be out of luck. I almost broke mine trying to work around it

#724 8 days ago
Quoted from daveinkazoo:

Standard O rings u can buy at HD or Lowe's .. I got mine at HD

#725 8 days ago

I picked up a slugfest thats working well except for the ramp that seems to never find up or down position.

In test mode it says opto blocked and then error not in up position and the same for down.

The spinning black interrupter/lifter seems to be correct and I replaced the optos but it’s still doing the same thing.

Any ideas where I should look next?

#726 8 days ago

Thanks for the reply you guys. So I would cut off the old material and put a bunch of O rings on the cylinder?

IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
#727 8 days ago
Quoted from daveinkazoo:

Thanks for the reply you guys. So I would cut off the old material and put a bunch of O rings on the cylinder?[quoted image]

Mine used the ones posted in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slugfest-restoration#post-3295162

#728 8 days ago

Thanks again.

#729 8 days ago

Archived after 12 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
SlugFest Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Slugfest fully working with card dispenser. Full LEDs. Cabinet in good condition with some fade. $1550 Also have a nice multicade with large 24in crt monitor and 60-1 board in li...”
2019-08-31
Danville, VA

I’ve got a slugfest for sale/trade. Also a nice multicade for sale too

#730 7 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I picked up a slugfest thats working well except for the ramp that seems to never find up or down position.
In test mode it says opto blocked and then error not in up position and the same for down.
The spinning black interrupter/lifter seems to be correct and I replaced the optos but it’s still doing the same thing.
Any ideas where I should look next?

Desperation Bump

#731 4 days ago

Got my opto problem sorted out but my bat keeps binding up.

I took the mech apart and it looks like I need a new ball bracket and the other arm piece

Surprised by how much the bat bracket is but at least it will play like new when installed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 21.00
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside