1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 744 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 175 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190921_154205851 (resized).jpg
IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
CF63EC90-A930-4F1D-88B0-2BE2DD5A7EA6 (resized).jpeg
56F86916-74BE-4FA1-BDFD-E5BE709380DA (resized).jpeg
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG
DSCF0666 (resized).JPG
DSCF0661 (resized).JPG
20181029_113023 (resized).jpg
20181019_130809 (resized).jpg
20190727_081637 (resized).jpg
20190720_172139 (resized).jpg
buttons (resized).JPG
DSCF0658 (resized).JPG
DSCF0660 (resized).JPG
DSCF0659 (resized).JPG

There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
#601 6 months ago

It’s a bit of a hassle. I had the wire brace that sits on the backside of the target snap in two. If that is your issue, you have to take the switch stack apart in order to replace the wire bracing. It is counter intuitive to what you think needs to be done. It looks like a slight bend of the wire piece to get it seated.... doesn’t work that way!

1 week later
#602 6 months ago

Ramp ball not going into the upper deck problem. I stumbled across this while working on my Slugfest. There are washers under the ramp motor assembly on mine because the cam will raise the ramp a bit without them. See if you have washers under the ramp bracket. If you do remove them and see if the ball will make it up into the bleachers.

#603 6 months ago

Everyone who needs cab decals, but don't want the pain of cab repair. Jump on rad cal post. Let mirco know you would be interested.
Magicchiz

Let's get these made.

#604 6 months ago

Going to look at a Slugfest later this week. Any areas of concern I should focus on when looking it over? Worth owning?

#605 6 months ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Any areas of concern I should focus on when looking it over?

Main things are the 2 motorized parts - The pitching assy, and the home run ramp. (the plastic ramp can break where the cam pushes it up, and I don't think anyone sells replacements)

SlugFest can be played single player, but is most fun with 2 players, so keep that in mind.

If you don't overpay, you will be able to move it along if you choose. $1500 for good condition, with everything working is fair, and subtract from that for each condition issue.

#606 6 months ago

I have someone coming to buy my slugfest. He has an SUV so not enough vertical clearance to load it in. I have never taken the head off (have pulled out the target bank and the surrounding plastics). Is it an ordeal to get the head off?

#607 6 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I have someone coming to buy my slugfest. He has an SUV so not enough vertical clearance to load it in. I have never taken the head off (have pulled out the target bank and the surrounding plastics). Is it an ordeal to get the head off?

I forgot how it comes off, but I remember thinking that when I did it, it was simple. Just take the top removable panel off, likely you will see what it takes from there.

Quoted from Neal_W:

SlugFest can be played single player, but is most fun with 2 players, so keep that in mind.

Yup, 2 players is a must.
My kids are way too young to play with, so I got bored quickly by myself.
If you have kids with friends, they will think it's amazing.

It's almost shocking how easy it was to unload mine (which was pretty nice with no fade, led's, bat rebuilt, new cpo, nvram). I simply mentioned it in the northeast for sale post and I had quite a bit of interest and that's without even making an ad.

I really didn't want to get rid of it, but playing by myself for the next 3-4 years just didn't work for me.
My 2 year old was pissed when I moved it out, guess he wanted to smack the buttons and drool on the glass a bit more before I got rid of it.

#608 6 months ago

I have a working Slugfest card dispenser I can bring the Ohio or Pinfest show for $260. I just replaced the o-rings and ran about 100 cards through it the last coupe of hours.

20190403_125635 (resized).jpg20190403_125654 (resized).jpg
#609 6 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is it an ordeal to get the head off?

Yup, open the top door, and you will see one or two big bolts there that it attaches with, and there are couple connectors. Very easy to remove if you have the key to the top door.

3 weeks later
#610 5 months ago

New member! Just got this game, and after an RD MPU it works great! Now I have to restore it. Anyone have a bulb list for LEDs already figured out that they can share? I want to do LEDs next. Then I have to get new decals.

IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
#611 5 months ago

Congrats! Holy cheap that one MPU is toast

#612 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

New member! Just got this game, and after an RD MPU it works great! Now I have to restore it. Anyone have a bulb list for LEDs already figured out that they can share? I want to do LEDs next. Then I have to get new decals.
[quoted image]

Go in there and count the bulbs, there is a lot more than you think.
The good news is it's not like a regular pin where you have to do a serious counting job, on this machine it will only take a couple minutes.
Do the back stop with frosted, it makes quite a bit of glare.
Make sure to take out the crowd and count them too.
I'm pretty sure I used all 4smd colors in all the hits (easy enough to count) and white everywhere else.
All the base runners I did 4smd white.

#613 5 months ago

Looking for the card catcher, anyone have a spare?

#614 5 months ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Looking for the card catcher, anyone have a spare?

Go back a few pages, someone here remade them.

#615 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Anyone have a bulb list

Look at post #170.

Robert

#616 5 months ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Congrats! Holy cheap that one MPU is toast

It sure is!

IMG_0187 (resized).JPG
#617 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

[quoted image]

contact these guys about potential new decals for slugfest https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revised-rad-cals-for-many-more-wms-games .... he said that he's willing to make these at some point. The advantage of these rad cals is you can install them over the existing decals.....I suspect many would be interested (including myself)....

#618 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

contact these guys about potential new decals for slugfest https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revised-rad-cals-for-many-more-wms-games .... he said that he's willing to make these at some point. The advantage of these rad cals is you can install them over the existing decals.....I suspect many would be interested (including myself)....

I'm fine with the body work and painting prior to install. I've restored a ton of Video arcade games and done it several times. Plus, that's a lot more expensive than the $250 set.

#619 5 months ago

So where can I get a CPO for this game? I saw Planetary Pinball is sold out right now, and they haven't emailed me back yet about when they will be in stock again. Marco's are about 3x the price so that ain't happening. I went with a lot of other parts from them, and their LED set but I can't pay $150 for a CPO. Anyone have any other sources?

#620 5 months ago

Anybody have the Slug Fest cabinet dimensions handy? If so could you please share?

#621 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have to admit those are pretty cool. I just watched his video on Facebook showing how they go on. Amazing!

#622 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I have to admit those are pretty cool. I just watched his video on Facebook showing how they go on. Amazing!

I realize their a little more expensive, but their higher quality and look a lot better than the standard decals....in my mind not having to spend days installing these decals is worth far more than $150

#623 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

So where can I get a CPO for this game? I saw Planetary Pinball is sold out right now, and they haven't emailed me back yet about when they will be in stock again. Marco's are about 3x the price so that ain't happening. I went with a lot of other parts from them, and their LED set but I can't pay $150 for a CPO. Anyone have any other sources?

Their hard to find...have u looked at eBay? The OP actually made up a few that turned out really nice...u may want to ask if he has any available? Also do you have the card chute? Mine was missing, and their hard to find. A guy up in Canada made a few replicas that turned out really nice (I have one)

#624 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Their hard to find...have u looked at eBay? The OP actually made up a few that turned out really nice...u may want to ask if he has any available? Also do you have the card chute? Mine was missing, and their hard to find. A guy up in Canada made a few replicas that turned out really nice (I have one)

I have the card chute, but for some reason it's missing the bent wire top piece. I'm going to have to fabricate one somehow.

#625 5 months ago

Hey guys- I am going to make another batch of card chutes if anyone needs one. Give me a couple weeks and should have more ready to go. PM me if interested.

#626 5 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey guys- I am going to make another batch of card chutes if anyone needs one. Give me a couple weeks and should have more ready to go. PM me if interested.

Any chance you'd sell just the wire? I have a chute missing one.

1 week later
#627 5 months ago

Bad news. We were moving the game into the gameroom for final assembly last night and we broke the inside light panel white plexiglass with the instruction graphic on it. Any clues where to get a replacement? I don't see it listed anywhere in the usual vendors. HELP!!!!

#628 5 months ago

Anyone know who sells the entire set of push buttons? I saw MAD has a listing...but is out of stock since I started looking over a month ago.

Any other companies/places sell the complete set?

#629 5 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyArcade:

Anyone know who sells the entire set of push buttons? I saw MAD has a listing...but is out of stock since I started looking over a month ago.
Any other companies/places sell the complete set?

Ebay has each button sold separately. Not a good deal, but probably your only chance.

#630 5 months ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

Ebay has each button sold separately. Not a good deal, but probably your only chance.

and MarcoSpecialties has the buttons.

#631 5 months ago

We finally finished up our Slugfest. It's now fully working and in the gameroom. I eventually want to replace the cabinet decals and red powder coat the legs, but I'm happy with the rest of it. It was a little rough overall but cleaned up nicely! We started touching up the Red on the cabinet but that's going to take a long time to finish up. We rebuilt the control panel, and put on a new overlay. I'm really happy how it turned out! We still have the wrong sized button for STEAL, but I'll pick up a repro later on. The card dispenser works great, but spits out too many cards. I have to figure out how to adjust that. I replaced all of the bulbs with Cointaker LEDs from Marco. They look great. It's been a fun game!

IMG_0233 (resized).JPEGIMG_0286 (resized).JPEGIMG_0287 (resized).JPEGIMG_0288 (resized).JPEGIMG_0289 (resized).JPEGIMG_0293 (resized).JPEGIMG_0304 (resized).JPEGIMG_0305 (resized).JPEGIMG_0307 (resized).JPEGIMG_0308 (resized).JPEGIMG_0309 (resized).JPEGIMG_0311 (resized).JPEG
#632 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

The card dispenser works great, but spits out too many cards.

Sometimes the old cards stick together. You can get boxes of old NOS unwrapped cards cheap. I posted a link a while back.

#633 5 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Sometimes the old cards stick together. You can get boxes of old NOS unwrapped cards cheap. I posted a link a while back.

Yeah, that's what I got. They just don't separate well. I think the spring tension is also to blame. Not sure if I have it where it needs to be. The actual metal backer that pushes the cards also doesn't move very well. It binds up on the rods pretty easily but I don't know if that's an issue.

#634 5 months ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

The actual metal backer that pushes the cards also doesn't move very well. It binds up on the rods pretty easily

Yup, I rubbed a bar of soap on the rod to help free up the plate. If your getting cards, it seems like the spring and plate are working.

#635 5 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, I rubbed a bar of soap on the rod to help free up the plate. If your getting cards, it seems like the spring and plate are working.

Good idea. I have some beeswax used for woodworking that should do nicely for that.

3 weeks later
#636 4 months ago

Time to change out balls...what size do I order?

#637 4 months ago

If anyone is planning on selling a Slugfest, keep me in mind and go to my advertisement. Really want to join this community!

#638 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Marco's sells them here. I put a few more then recommended in, to help ensure they don't become fully magnetized.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB34

#639 4 months ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

If anyone is planning on selling a Slugfest, keep me in mind and go to my advertisement. Really want to join this community!

Thought there was one near you for sale on Facebook market place.

#640 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Should have sold it to me then you wouldn’t of had to worry about them...

#641 4 months ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Thought there was one near you for sale on Facebook market place.

I don’t have Facebook

#643 4 months ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Should have sold it to me then you wouldn’t of had to worry about them...

I haven’t forgotten about you! I don’t see on your profile that you have one yet. We have only played it a handful of times but when we do, my boys always say they love it. I may be calling you this Fall as my last son leaves for college.

#644 4 months ago

Now a member. Picked one up with original topper and the card dispenser for $1500.00.

#645 4 months ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Now a member. Picked one up with original topper and the card dispenser for $1500.00.

Great! I would of had that one it is was closer

#646 4 months ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Awesome...hope it had the card chute....mine was missing, and it took a long time to find one...

#647 4 months ago

Hi All- just checking the to see if we have enough interest and more card catchers. Was going to make up another batch if enough requests. PM me if you need one.

#648 4 months ago

I’d be interested to have backups.

#649 4 months ago

For anyone that has purchased new push buttons, do the Fonts match?

I bought all 10 buttons new from Marco, but the 4 pitch buttons have 3 different font/sizes ... looks bad IMHO.

Is this as good as it gets for repo push buttons...? Has anyone else procured ones that look like the original font (or at least match between pitch buttons)?

I have to call Marco as the "Bat" button had no text on it at all ...and I'll ask if they can match the pitch button font size/type from more they have in stock. Just curious if this is what everyone else is seeing when buying reproduction buttons.

#650 4 months ago

I saw a set on eBay that were all matched reproductions. Might be best to replace all of them so that they match.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 21.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 744 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside