Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChrisS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg

#1 11 years ago

I called Michelle with STI and booked a two machine deal (TZ and TOM) from Lexington Kentucky to Salt Lake City Utah on 12/12. The machines were picked up on 12/13 at noon (fast, right?). They made it to Chicago, (apparently, a big distribution center for STI) on 12/15. The machines sat in Chicago until 12/22. Then they arrived to Denver on 12/23. They arrived to SLC today, 12/26 and they are set to deliver tomorrow, 12/27.

That means it's been 14 days since they were picked up! I called STI and the problem is, apparently Michelle set my expected delivery date to be the 26th or 27th (not sure why), so they kept the machines in Chicago that entire week because it's only 2 days from Chicago to SLC and they didn't need to ship it earlier in order to hit the target dates, but had she set my expected delivery date to 12/18, they could have easily hit that mark! I realize the Christmas holiday may have delayed things a little, but that's only 2 days (eve and christmas day). I went into this thinking it was 4-5 days max from pickup.

This is my first experience with shipping pins. What is normal? Do I need to ask for ASAP delivery (I just figured they'd deliver it as quickly as possible without me asking for it specifically).

Most importantly, and this is what I really care about, do I need to worry that any damage has been done to my machines now that they've been sitting in the cold of a semi-truck in in-climate weather for 2 weeks? Is that bad for machines?

#2 11 years ago

All I can say is, inspect your pins before you sign anything. Sounds like you just hit some odd loop hole. I have a good feeling everything is alright. Michelle has a very good reputation.

#3 11 years ago

Sorry dude that sucks.

#4 11 years ago

The midwest was hammered with a blizzard last week as well. My pickup was delayed a week as a result. I doubt the pins were sitting in a truck for a week, likely in one of their terminals. Be sure to inspect thoroughly before signing/accepting.

#5 11 years ago

They picked up a pin for me in Arizona on 13th..it has been sitting in Dallas for almost two weeks and not being picked up from there till the 30th to go to Rochester, New york.

#6 11 years ago

Wow, I guess you lose! I'm sorry to hear that. But having the pins sitting on a truck in this cold weather shouldn't be an issue right? I don't think the delivery guys will let me boot it up and go through all the switches and solder joints before I sign for it.... :/

#7 11 years ago

Eh, you should be fine. I wouldn't fire up the machine until they've warmed up though, condensation is a concern. The worst thing would be to turn on the machines right away and short something out on the board. In fact, you may want to let them sit indoors for a good two or three hours before turning them on.

#8 11 years ago

Granted it was Christmas you got a pretty good deliver time in sti time
    2-4 weeks is normal from my experiences.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

2-4 weeks is normal from my experiences.

Holy crap? For real?

Are people really waiting that long for pin shipping? That's insane. Freight from one coast to the other shouldn't be more than 5-6 business days. Shipments from the Midwest to either coast should only be 2-3 days.

#10 11 years ago

Sorry but my avengers shipping is taking longer. It shipped first day and while everyone else has theirs mine isn't scheduled to arrive until jan 3rd.

#11 11 years ago

Im taking donations to buy a pin-chopper to fly around the country and transport pins. Im thinking this model, you guys in?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#12 11 years ago

I use STI all the time, and have never had more than 8 days, and that was from very remote Montana town that only had one-day-a-week pickup service.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Im taking donations to buy a pin-chopper to fly around the country and transport pins. Im thinking this model, you guys in?

I'll buy that for a dollar!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

In fact, you may want to let them sit indoors for a good two or three hours before turning them on.

That would be harder for me to do than keeping my penis flaccid during a 3-way with Blake Lively and Kate Upton.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from drshaw:

I called Michelle with STI and booked a two machine deal (TZ and TOM) from Lexington Kentucky to Salt Lake City Utah on 12/12. The machines were picked up on 12/13 at noon (fast, right?). They made it to Chicago, (apparently, a big distribution center for STI) on 12/15. The machines sat in Chicago until 12/22. Then they arrived to Denver on 12/23. They arrived to SLC today, 12/26 and they are set to deliver tomorrow, 12/27.
    That means it's been 14 days since they were picked up! I called STI and the problem is, apparently Michelle set my expected delivery date to be the 26th or 27th (not sure why), so they kept the machines in Chicago that entire week because it's only 2 days from Chicago to SLC and they didn't need to ship it earlier in order to hit the target dates, but had she set my expected delivery date to 12/18, they could have easily hit that mark! I realize the Christmas holiday may have delayed things a little, but that's only 2 days (eve and christmas day). I went into this thinking it was 4-5 days max from pickup.
    This is my first experience with shipping pins. What is normal? Do I need to ask for ASAP delivery (I just figured they'd deliver it as quickly as possible without me asking for it specifically).
    Most importantly, and this is what I really care about, do I need to worry that any damage has been done to my machines now that they've been sitting in the cold of a semi-truck in in-climate weather for 2 weeks? Is that bad for machines?

It was probably an oversight on their part; also factor in the Holiday and a Blizzard that came through the midwest.

chris.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slowest-shipping-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.