2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

OFF TOPIC - I am looking for a center shaft motor, 115 VAC, 3 - 6 RPM to repair a Schlitz rotating globe light. The original was made by
    Lake City Manufacturing Company of Chrystal Lake, Illinois. If anyone is aware of what happened to the company (It left Chrystal Lake in the 60's?) or where I can find one of those motors (I am hoping there's a pinball machine that uses a motor like that), please let me know. Thanks for looking.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks. I think I might be able to make one of those work. Now, just have to hope they sell singles. Since they want a release and drawings of what it’s used for, they may not sell.

I’ll let everyone know.

#4 2 years ago

Ebay

LTG : )

#5 2 years ago

eBay was empty for exact replacement

#7 2 years ago

Maybe keep an eye on craigslist you can get a busted one with good motor off of ?

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

2nd the idea of contacting MPC. They made the motors for Data East and such.
    Maybe if the Crystal Lake company is gone... and you have the original motor (assume it's bad?), see if you can ship it to MPC to get it repaired.
    Or maybe send to Steve at Pinball Resource. They repair motors too.

#9 2 years ago

Turntable motor out of a busted microwave?

#10 2 years ago

All good ideas. This is a gear motor with phenolic gears. One of the main drive gears has broken teeth in several places, so while the motor is good, the gears are not.

I'll take a look at Jameco, the motor you referred to is not a center shaft - it is offset, which means I need to make a new mount. Since that's all I've been finding, that may be the only way to go.

I'll have to post some pics - its an interesting little gear motor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slow-rpm-motor-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.