(Topic ID: 302038)

Slow news day: Risque pinball backglasses and art.

By cottonm4

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.34.49 AM (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.56.40 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.44.41 AM (resized).png
poster2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.32.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.40.37 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I imagine most people here are familiar with the two different versions of the Captain Fantastic back glass.

Here is a link if you are not familiar.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/of-women-on-captain-fantastic-backglass-art-stars-no-stars

And here is a Strikes N Spares plastic and you know no one is looking at the bowling ball the girl is holding. The focus of this plastic is those red shorts and that subtle bikini line.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.40.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.40.37 AM (resized).png

Many years ago, I read a book about subliminal stimulation. It talks a lot about all the hidden items artists would include in advertising media that they had been commissioned to produce.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.32.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.32.56 AM (resized).png

Anyway, once I read this book, I was now in the camp of once you see it --- you cannot unsee it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coca-cola-poster-recall/

Snopes talks about an artist getting busted and being fired for planting some risqué artwork on a Coca-Cola ad. This artwork, blown up and placed on the side of a truck made it possible ( for all but the blind ) to see the BJ that is about to take place inside that ice cube.

poster2 (resized).jpgposter2 (resized).jpg

As noted, once you see this kind of stuff, you cannot unsee it. Maybe it is just my imagination running wild, but I see this kind of stuff.

Enter Gottlieb's Lariat. A rare pinball I stumbled onto in a youtube video. Only 125 Lariats were made. Only one pinsider owns one.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.44.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.44.41 AM (resized).png

It is the usual pinball back glass. A couple of girls. Someone playing a pinball on the front porch. And a guy getting thrown off his horse into a horse watering trough in the back ground.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.56.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.56.40 AM (resized).png

The focus is on the guy being thrown from his horse. It is not just the guy being thrown. He gets thrown off along with his saddle and the saddle blanket. In the real world, a saddle would not come off the back of a horse as shown here. The artist made that saddle come of for a reason. IMO, he was trying to put one over the public's head. I think he did a pretty good job. He did not get caught. Until now

As noted, I cannot unsee this kind of stuff.

The cowboy is being thrown and he is holding on tight to the saddle horn. For you city slickers, this is a saddle horn.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

Now look at that cowboy a little closer. He is hanging onto that saddle horn with both hands. And is saddle horn does not look very much like a saddle horn. I know he is hanging onto a saddle horn, but I'll argue the artist was trying to subliminally convey a little bit of over-your-head artwork. Yeah, I know, cowboy is hanging onto the saddle horn, which is a legitimate exercise when you are being thrown, but .................

I think the artist did a pretty good job with some artistic sleight of hand.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.34.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.34.49 AM (resized).png

Play more pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slow-news-day-risque-pinball-backglasses-and-art-?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.